Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#3101 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:32 AM

PACER, check my last post

I did it again. This time I left him with T2 T3 and two Nuclear Reactors ensuring his power. The AI sold out for a second time.

In case it really matters:

UIGameMode=Standard
UIMapName=(2) Bay War
ShortGame=True
Superweapons=True
MCVRedeploy=True
BuildOffAlly=True
Crates=False
NavalCombat=False
AlliesAllowed=True
StolenTech=True
MentalAI=False
LimitedMCV=False
ImmuneDerricks=False
FreeRadar=False
NoSpawnPreviews=False
ConYardStart=False
TechLevel=10
FogOfWar=No
MultiEngineer=Yes

Haihead(player) vs Russia(easy AI)

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#3102 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:31 AM

Actually Divine is correct. If you knock the power out, however, the AI can't use their support powers, which equals to not having any support powers. That can lead to sellout.

I used paradrop support power to keep my AI from selling out in some of my co-ops. It works well

Idle Gossip doesnt have radar either, but you can cap allied airforce HQ to get one and i believe thats what you are suppose to do anyway.

It's not. If you play 3.0 when Radar Tower is not replaced by Field Bureau yet, you'll notice how you can get radar as normal.

Tech Airfield's case is a little more complicated. The structure itself is a production building. What prevents a player from building jets directly is the Prerequisite=GAAIRC defined in the jets' rules. Which, you know, AI ignores.

As a result, AI considers itself still in possession of a production building and won't resign.

For comparison, check out how AI sells out with a Tech Airport (which provides a SW but cannot build anything) in hand in RA2.

Edited by PACER, 12 March 2018 - 05:33 AM.

#3103 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:54 AM

Actually... I didn't put the paradrop special on Tech Airport. I put it in an off-map Soviet Watch Tower using ini-editing.

Just a little trivia, during my testing of Traitorous Water, since AI doesn't really train anything because I didn't tell him to, he sells even his production buildings after I hammered his base a few times

Edited by Handepsilon, 12 March 2018 - 05:57 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3104 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

Actually... I didn't put the paradrop special on Tech Airport. I put it in an off-map Soviet Watch Tower using ini-editing.

Just a little trivia, during my testing of Traitorous Water, since AI doesn't really train anything because I didn't tell him to, he sells even his production buildings after I hammered his base a few times

IIRC AIs are never programmed to do so unless when low on funds.

#3105 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

I've noticed that in Infantry Only, the support weapon provided by the Tech Reinforcements pad is completely overwritten to do exactly the same thing as the Paradrop provided by the Tech Airfield.

Spoiler

I don't think this is a good practice. Should a map have both a Tech Airfield and a Tech Reinforcement Pad, a player who captures both will be met with two completely identical support powers. It would be much better to simply overwrite the Tech Reinforcement Pad's support pwoer to be the Paradrop in this mode.
Spoiler

Furthermore, I think it would be a good idea to overwrite the Tech Airfield in this gamemode to become a Tech Reinforcement Pad clone, similarly to how for example the Tech Machine Shop is overwritten to become a Tech Field Hospital. Although the AI building aircraft in Infantry Mode on these structures seems to be fixed now, they are still... well, airfields. And having both Airfields and Reinforcement Pad on the same map would be very much redundant in this gamemode.

And there's another thing: although I completely disagree with removing the Tech Base Expansion Post's ability to repair vehicles in Infantry Only (I like to have the ability to repair my damaged miners), if you insist on keeping it this way, there's really no reason the building should have that circle marker thing around it with the spanners.

Edited by Divine, 12 March 2018 - 01:26 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3106 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:20 PM

ReinfoPad spawns a free infantry drop at its location. That's not how Paradrop works.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#3107 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

ReinfoPad spawns a free infantry drop at its location. That's not how Paradrop works.

Oh, nvm then, my bad.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#3108 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

That marker is to indicate the repair radius

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#3109 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

But in 3.3.3 repair got removed from it in Infantry Only. There's nothing left to indicate in that mode.

EDIT: here's an idea for a new gamemode: 

Clone War

It would be a hybrid of Oil Control and Infantry Only. Clone War could be played on the same maps as Oil Control and Bounty Hunt, with the same tech as Infantry Only mode (-refineries). The twist is that the Tech Oil Derricks would be replaced with Tech Cloning Vats. Like derricks, or Epsilon's Cloning Vats, these would produce a steady flow of cash, as well as clones for every infantry trained, with the exception of heroes. Tech Cloning Vats would be captureable, would consume no power, and would be indestructiable in this mode.

Edited by Divine, 13 March 2018 - 06:22 PM.

#3110 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:49 AM

But in 3.3.3 repair got removed from it in Infantry Only. There's nothing left to indicate in that mode.

EDIT: here's an idea for a new gamemode: 

Clone War

It would be a hybrid of Oil Control and Infantry Only. Clone War could be played on the same maps as Oil Control and Bounty Hunt, with the same tech as Infantry Only mode (-refineries). The twist is that the Tech Oil Derricks would be replaced with Tech Cloning Vats. Like derricks, or Epsilon's Cloning Vats, these would produce a steady flow of cash, as well as clones for every infantry trained, with the exception of heroes. Tech Cloning Vats would be captureable, would consume no power, and would be indestructiable in this mode.

A novel idea,but the issues with infantry only need to be resolved first or else we may have similiar issues here too.

#3111 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:03 AM

A novel idea,but the issues with infantry only need to be resolved first or else we may have similiar issues here too.

I'm curious, in your oppinion what are the issues with Infantry Only? I too think that it could be improved. I'm actually working on an improved version. If it's allowed, maybe I'll release it too. Either way, I could use an outside perspective.

#3112 Dawbra

Dawbra
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:07 PM

Heroes in insomnia die so fast, i even notice norio die just standing close to my base i guess from cold.

#3113 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:12 PM

Norio dies easily because of Anti-Air Dybukk spawning from the holes endlessly, all focused on him.

#3114 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:14 PM

Hey MentalMeisters, I just wanted to say thanks for 3.3.3. We have to wait a while between updates but you guys make it worth it every time with awesome new content! The missions are pretty great and give us a lot to think on plot-wise. I especially enjoyed the unique flavor of the Foehn Origin missions. :)

Keep at it, you guys are the best!

#3115 XoGamer

XoGamer

Strategically Losing

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  i won already

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:08 PM

I too have been thinking of a cool mode:

"Nomad" Mode:

Straight from AoE2, all the MCVs start in a random position around the map, if doable, where they can move and choose the best position to deploy.

Alternatively: the MCVs can all start inside a naval transport surrounding an Island in the same or nearby position that move to the main island or surrounding small islands to deploy.

I realised that there would be a need for many types of Islands or Random Islands for this to be possible, but even without random islands, this proposed mode would be ideal for those who get bored of the basic same map/same game every time and allows people to try and rush each other by deploying near each other or take weird positions on the map that might lead to a greater advantage later in the game.

EDIT: This could also be a huge singular multiplayer map

Edited by XoGamer, 14 March 2018 - 08:10 PM.

"I cast a deadly shadow." - Apocalypse

#3116 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:07 AM

Question : Are we going to see a Map Renderer for MO anytime soon?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#3117 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:37 AM

Maybe not soon but eventually.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#3118 J00B

J00B
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:27 AM

Multi-base AI - check-able option for some game modes.

What: AI's will build MCVs and send them to available player locations to set up secondary bases (provided there are spaces, perhaps with a radius limit, so they don't try to setup right next to the player).

Why: For players that would rather not an initial onslaught of 7 brutal for example, can start with one which will eventually fan out. These secondary bases would produce units, however not as much as if they were seperate AI. The AI would be able to send new MCVs to places the player/AI has cleaned up necessitating the player to defend these places.

#3119 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:09 AM

I too have been thinking of a cool mode:

"Nomad" Mode:

I was thinking about it too, but i fear making AI support for this would be nightmarish... or impossible

So it could be PvP only gamemode/map though

#3120 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

I'm curious, in your oppinion what are the issues with Infantry Only? I too think that it could be improved. I'm actually working on an improved version. If it's allowed, maybe I'll release it too. Either way, I could use an outside perspective.

I dont play infantry only too much but i can tell some factions got it easier than others,such as foehn knightframes which is the equivelent of having seals out in tier 1 and maybe finding another way of making miners without having to spam ore refineries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users