Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#3241 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

This something I should be worried about?

Spoiler

#3242 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

I have to agree on the nuwa voice though, it sounds pretty off and it's quotes are rather hypocritical(they seem to be pacifistic, but yet they are driving a vehicle that is the opposite of peaceful solutions).

That is intentional.

Frankly, besides the voice itself, what he says was my other concern. Being pacifist is one thing, speaking nonsense is another. For example, Yunru is also a pacifist, but her responses imply that she knows her role and responsibility:

You're not going home today. Neither am I...

I am not killing you - they are.

If I have to do this, I'll do this right!

The Nuwa on the other hand, is full of shit:

Technology for peace.

A creator, not destroyer.

You are a goddamn nuclear assault cannon, for God's sake! The other voices are OK, I guess. I've always felt that despite being such an iconic unit, the Nuwa's character is not very well fleshed out by its voices. First of all, why is it driven by an old man? What does an old man do in the military? As far as I know, there's no canon answer for that, but I've came up with one on my own: the Nuwa Cannon is deadly, not just for the enemy, but for her crew as wll. The nuclear engine, and the uranium warheads' residual radiation is enough to kill the crew within a few years, so the Chinese conscript people who would be unfit for service otherwise and would die in the forseeable future anyway, especially old folks who are still somewhat physically capable.

So basically we have a WMD-on-tracks, named after a goddess of creation, driven by a man practically sentenced to death. Following the "I might be old and kicking the last, but I will burn the enemies of China with the very force of creation" line, I think much more memorable voice lines could be written. Note that such sentiment is not necessarily in conflict with the pacifism of the Nuwa's crew, much like how Yunru's attitude is not in conflict, more like, an expression of her own stance against the war.

Edited by Divine, 04 April 2018 - 06:05 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3243 Endless

Endless
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Projects:Weaponized Dad Jokes
  •  Disgusting USA main

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:02 PM

I do not see the purpose in this rant other than a personal hatred of sorts for some VOs

Which I personally don't mind, but whatever.

Cease or I will have to use D E A D L Y F O R C E

#3244 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:33 PM

I do not see the purpose in this rant other than a personal hatred of sorts for some VOs

Yeah, there aren't a whole lot of legitimate complaints here.

The Nuwa on the other hand, is full of shit:

Technology for peace.

A creator, not destroyer.

This isn't even bad.

In fact, I'm pretty sure this is meant to be ironic. "Technology of peace" is ripped off of the Brotherhood of Nod, and clearly, we know that Nod are hypocritical fanatics because Tiberium is what drives the entire planet into global war time and time again. 

Nuwa Cannon probably follows some kind of Chinese propaganda that glorifies their military. It's not like this kind of tragic irony, hypocrisy or however it should be called is unheard of in real life, e.g, the various Chinese propaganda glorifying their military, the Great Leap Forward, etc.

I don't like several of the quotes that the giantsbane/godsbane says. They just don't fit him for reasons that i just can't place.

I have to agree on the nuwa voice though, it sounds pretty off and it's quotes are rather hypocritical(they seem to be pacifistic, but yet they are driving a vehicle that is the opposite of peaceful solutions).

This comment states a dislike of the giantsbane/godsbane's voicelines but doesn't give any specifics as to why its voice lines don't fit him. 

Having your own personal opinion is fine, but there needs to be at least some justification. 

Giantsbane (WIth Zephyrs, these two are the kings of worst voice acting in the game) plague splatters, Siegfried, Charons, Salamanders, Quickshifters (Although not as bad as Zephyr or Giantsbane) and Quilins (Although not as bad as others) are silent, barely understandable. To hear them talk just like any other unit, i need to crank up the loudness to such levels where normal units voices hurt me when they talk.

This is probably as close as this discussion has come to providing constructive feedback. 

These units' voices are kind of difficult to hear. Turning up voice volume will damage your ears. Turning down sound effects makes it difficult to play because audio cues are important for identifying threats on the screen and active support powers. Turning down in-game music is a sin against Frank Klepacki, Black Ice 9, and World Beyond (but this is probably the best solution atm)

EDIT: Corrected. Dislike of the giantsbane/godsbane's voicelines not the unit itself, was what I meant.

Edited by Tathmesh, 04 April 2018 - 03:41 AM.

#3245 Nicholas Chau

Nicholas Chau
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:19 AM

I don't like several of the quotes that the giantsbane/godsbane says. They just don't fit him for reasons that i just can't place.

This comment states a dislike of the giantsbane/godsbane but doesn't give any specifics as to why its voice lines don't fit him. 

Having your own personal opinion is fine, but there needs to be at least some justification. 

Perhaps i should elaborate a bit more about my thoughts on the giantsbane/godsbane; first off i don't dislike them at all for whatever reasons. The only thing about their quotes that i dislike is their attacking quotes, they don't sound threatening or like they said it with any killing intent compared to the other last bastion units (sans sweeper of course).

I don't intend to cause any misunderstanding about what i think about giantsbane/godsbane, so i apologise for not explaining in detail about what i think of them.

Edited by Nicholas Chau, 04 April 2018 - 01:20 AM.

#3246 Mr_DevilSmile

Mr_DevilSmile
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:29 AM

Because in MO the infantry does not have the crouching animation? I like to see my conscripts crawling for their lives..

d6edd1232a523773f234890267ea9aae.png

what was the reason for eliminating it, can not return for a next patch... If the reason is that not all the infantry have that animation, it would not bother me if only some units had it.

#3247 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:30 AM

Because in MO the infantry does not have the crouching animation? I like to see my conscripts crawling for their lives..

d6edd1232a523773f234890267ea9aae.png

what was the reason for eliminating it, can not return for a next patch... If the reason is that not all the infantry have that animation, it would not bother me if only some units had it.

it's because it slows down infantry, and by that makes them almost useless due to how Anti-Infantry weapons in this game work (they are all massive AoE which delete blobs, now imagine if they slowed them down as well).

The only infantry that uses the "crawl" mechanic is the Riot trooper as far as I know though he doesn't crawl, he just hold up his shield instead.

#3248 Mr_DevilSmile

Mr_DevilSmile
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:25 AM

It is acceptable, although I would like it to be used when a building is destroyed or when a garrison is expelled.

#3249 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:47 PM

This something I should be worried about?

It's the issue with the cncnet5.dll.

#3250 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:55 AM

I never notice that soldier in this mod never crawl.

#3251 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:43 AM

My guess about Nuwa Cannon is that the machine might be overly complex that it needed scientists to drive it. Why would it be complex? I have no idea. The closest thing I can think of is that the weapon is a bit too unstable to be handled by common conscripts that several complicated procedures were needed to operate the vehicle without accidentally blowing itself up.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3252 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

Or maybe the weapon is so destructive only the old and wise operators are allowed to operate it.

#3253 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:20 AM

It's just poetic irony. Don't need to read too much into it. The guy with the one of the biggest gun doesn't want to destroy. 

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#3254 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:34 AM

I wonder if there will be a mission set on Australia. Something like a cooperative etc or so...

3qPyjQ8.png

#3255 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

In Infantry Only, the AI should use only riflemen-equivalents to garrison structures, both civies and Battle Bunkers, and not anti-vehicle infantry, because putting anti-vehicle infantry in said buildings is very illogical and ineffective when there are no vehicles to begin with.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3256 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:13 AM

A minor problem with units such as the hail storm, aircraft carrier, gehenna platform, and quetzal, is that you can select their "drones" as if they are controllable units.

If you just so happen to select one of these drones along with your army, it disables most/all of your commands because they are incompatible with the drone.

I suggest that these "drones" become un-select-able... If possible, of course... (Like how slaves from slave miners couldn't be selected?)

Edit: it's also annoying when you accidentally select the drone when you wanted something else, especially when drones are swarming the place.

Edited by BlackAbsence, 09 April 2018 - 12:20 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#3257 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:23 AM

A minor problem with units such as the hail storm, aircraft carrier, gehenna platform, and quetzal, is that you can select their "drones" as if they are controllable units.

If you just so happen to select one of these drones along with your army, it disables most/all of your commands because they are incompatible with the drone.

I suggest that these "drones" become un-select-able... If possible, of course... (Like how slaves from slave miners couldn't be selected?)

Edit: it's also annoying when you accidentally select the drone when you wanted something else, especially when drones are swarming the place.

I don't remember if that problem existed in the vanilla games but wow.....that was really annoying to deal with. 

#3258 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:32 AM

You can't make those units unselectable, it crashes the game.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#3259 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

You can't make those units unselectable, it crashes the game.

Guess the only workaround for that problem is to group the carriers together into a number. 

#3260 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

What is exactly making the Pteranodon's drones going haywire if the Pteras are on water tiles?

It's as if it can't find the ptera. Go to target > unload > go to ptera > can't find it > go to target > need to reload > go to ptera > rinse n repeat

Also, is it possible for repair/healing units/infantry to get Veteran/Elite by calculating the amount of armor repaired/healed into exp? Since it's abuse-able with self-damage, maybe make it 1/10 of normal exp gained from killing enemies?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users