Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#3221 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:45 PM

I keep refering to Easy difficulty because this is the difficulty for the newcomers, it's equal or even harder than vanilla Normal, while MO Normal is actually hard. So don't torture yourself, switch to Easy and have some fun time, or skip the difficult missions and start with Act 2, those missions are actually easier than Act 2 ones, on Easy that is.

Yeah but, that's just it. Game loses it's purpose if we just skip a mission. We shouldn't be forced to skip them even though we can.

Same thing happens in Skirmish matches as well. While RA2 and YR Easy combatants rarely create a superweapon, Normal create them but don't use them that often, MO Easy AI rushes to create it and utilizes it as soon as they can.

You should be able to complete Easy difficulty with your eyes closed.

The best way to describe difficulty levels would be like this. During almost all missions (campaign) you are given at least 1 new structure or a unit:
RA2 & YR, regardless of difficulty, give you enough time to familiarize with that unit. Although you have Eva and Zofia telling you strengths and weaknesses of those new troops, in MO you have nothing.

In each MO campaign mission, I received a new unit and I was clueless to their strengths and weaknesses... Example being the Stormchild which were VERY squishy even against Flak Troopers, or that on MO, Tanya can't engage other targets when she tagged a building with C4 until C4 explodes.

These missions are for those who are disgusted by vanilla easy mode, snarky towards vanilla normal mode, and reasonable towards vanilla hard mode. For them these missions are fun and thrilling. If that's not what you like (like me, I never touch the missions since it's not how I play, I prefer watching the developer play it) then don't do it and stop whining, because there's no way the devs would dumb-down current missions. Probably would make it harder in future patches tho, since now we have save/load function.

And stop comparing it to RA2/YR, this mod has its own difficulty by now. It's just not for those who want a relaxed gameplay, at all. (Even on easy you have to be on your toes, and that's how the devs like it)

If you got new unit you have no idea what it does, you can check them in mentalomega.com under Factions. Or you can learn by watching, then reload your save after knowing what they do or their weakness.

In MO you're not supposed to be able to finish a mission or skirmish without trouble.

#3222 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:06 AM

Maybe we really need an Act 0 tutorial campaign that eases people into Act 1 difficulty, instead of thrown into it.

#3223 Mr_DevilSmile

Mr_DevilSmile
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:12 AM

Mmmm, they will have to include more difficulties... sandbox, mommy!, super casual, very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard, hardcore, brutal, mental... SUPER ULTRA HARDCORE BRUTALITY MENTAL!!!  

The difficulty of MO will be a problem that will never disappear, on the one hand they are what are more casual, others who just want to have a sandbox to try things on, if the veterans want real challenges and blah blah blah... It is so much that they complain that Act 2 is easier than Act 1 ... which had a million complaints about it!!! I really have no problem with the difficulty and yes, I am noob, but I enjoy a challenge that tortures me, it is more rewarding to complete it. Although not everyone thinks the same, I understand that some just want to hang out. 

Although it bothers me that the changes of equilibrium break the mechanics of a mission, they are necessary, of course, but that it was taken into account to test the missions before launching a patch.

Maybe we really need an Act 0 tutorial campaign that eases people into Act 1 difficulty, instead of thrown into it.

I agree with Solais we need a tutorial!

Edited by Mr_DevilSmile, 01 April 2018 - 12:15 AM.

#3224 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:42 AM

A tutorial would be nice. It could teach newbies important fundamentals, like making control groups, pressing 't' to select all units of the type, Ctrl-D to "attack-move", K and L for repair and sell. Slow micro management can really screw people over.

I don't recall if there is explanatory text for new units introduced in the campaign, but if there aren't I suppose it would be nice to have it.

I don't think these are pressing issues though. Id rather if the team focus on completing the campaign. The best way to learn, is from trial-and-error. Details like Stormchildren being fragile can be easily gained by reading the MO website or experimenting with skirmish.

MO has Save/Load, Ultimate Alliance, no-AI games, well-documented info page for each faction, and a map editor. There is literally no excuse to not try to be creative and learn about the game by playing.

This isn't like 3.0 where even normal difficulty was trying to lacerate the player's throat and save/load was non-existent.

#3225 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:08 PM

Am I the only one who finds the voice lines of the Zephyr and the Nuwa Cannon to be cringy / just generally bad?

While the overwhelming majority of the mod's own unit voices are rather high quality and enjoyable, these two units have issues IMHO. The forcedness of the Zephyr's accent is just ridiculous, and the Nuwa... well. Frankly it sounds like a mid 20's guy trying his hardest to sound asthmatic old and Chinese, which is probably exactly what happened.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3226 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:34 PM

Infiltrators are gay

#3227 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:15 PM

Infiltrators are gay

That makes sense, and explains why they always go through the back door.

Edited by Divine, 01 April 2018 - 11:15 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#3228 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:52 AM

Infiltrators are gay

Badum tss.

#3229 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:27 AM

Infiltrators are gay

Ramwagons look for backdoors too, then they ram.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#3230 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:45 AM

Will Backwarp and Nanofiber Sync work better if AI applies them to units (just like Rage Inductors) instead of the center of their base?

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#3231 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

Am I the only one who finds the voice lines of the Zephyr and the Nuwa Cannon to be cringy / just generally bad?

While the overwhelming majority of the mod's own unit voices are rather high quality and enjoyable, these two units have issues IMHO. The forcedness of the Zephyr's accent is just ridiculous, and the Nuwa... well. Frankly it sounds like a mid 20's guy trying his hardest to sound asthmatic old and Chinese, which is probably exactly what happened.

Nuwa cannon sounds OK to me, but Zephyr is unforgivable.

Both are quite silent when compared to everything else, and they arent the only units in the game suffering from barely understandable voiceacting

Giantsbane (WIth Zephyrs, these two are the kings of worst voice acting in the game) plague splatters, Siegfried, Charons, Salamanders, Quickshifters (Although not as bad as Zephyr or Giantsbane) and Quilins (Although not as bad as others) are silent, barely understandable. To hear them talk just like any other unit, i need to crank up the loudness to such levels where normal units voices hurt me when they talk.

And its weird that some of them are in such state when the rest of the units have superb voice overs. Especially Foehn, hero units and stolen tech units.

#3232 TrollWarlord

TrollWarlord
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

*ehem* Pyro's VO *ehem*

#3233 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

*ehem* Pyro's VO *ehem*

Pyro is straight out of TF2.

#3234 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:23 PM

I still don't understand what Siegfried says in Zero Signal, because the voice is just so silent.

Same with the "Yuri" in Golden Gate. They really need "subtitles".

Edited by Solais, 02 April 2018 - 04:23 PM.

#3235 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:16 PM

Both are quite silent when compared to everything else, and they arent the only units in the game suffering from barely understandable voiceacting

Giantsbane (WIth Zephyrs, these two are the kings of worst voice acting in the game) plague splatters, Siegfried, Charons, Salamanders, Quickshifters (Although not as bad as Zephyr or Giantsbane) and Quilins (Although not as bad as others) are silent, barely understandable. To hear them talk just like any other unit, i need to crank up the loudness to such levels where normal units voices hurt me when they talk.

And its weird that some of them are in such state when the rest of the units have superb voice overs. Especially Foehn, hero units and stolen tech units.
Giantsbane isn't that bad. Its kind of a unique, gravely voice. It is a tad quiet however.

I'm not familiar with audio-editing but couldn't the individual voices' volumes be turned up somehow?

Edited by Tathmesh, 02 April 2018 - 08:17 PM.

#3236 Nicholas Chau

Nicholas Chau
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:05 AM

Giantsbane isn't that bad. Its kind of a unique, gravely voice. It is a tad quiet however.

I'm not familiar with audio-editing but couldn't the individual voices' volumes be turned up somehow?

I don't like several of the quotes that the giantsbane/godsbane says. They just don't fit him for reasons that i just can't place.

I have to agree on the nuwa voice though, it sounds pretty off and it's quotes are rather hypocritical(they seem to be pacifistic, but yet they are driving a vehicle that is the opposite of peaceful solutions).

#3237 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:34 AM

I found these on Discord server.

lEbZ0GD.png

Wouldn't It be better to replace the meaningless green arrow with some of these?
Oftenly I just couldn't read the briefing in time they appear because of my poor English.

and it just leaves that green arrow with me over the objective building. and I didn't know what to do with that.

destroy? capture?
Hey, you can hit tab to see the objectives. No no with the coop mission you don't.

Actually, above reason is not really my main reason which that is I myself find out that Mental Omega really has a great style of artwork I stick and enjoy with it because this reason but that green arrow really hurts my eyes and of course my feeling. it would be ok if it's only just in the cutscene. but it's not, it appears all the time the entire mission. Sometimes, I just want some cool images to share but that green arrow apparently ruined the images.

and other suggestions from the one who sticks with MO because of the graphics and art style.
-Foehn Building really needs building animation. even with that nano reason, It could be more cool than just the shaped flash.
-I think medic need a new model so you can remove the wrench and health symbol. or just leaves the symbol there they don't have insignia anyways.

-I mentioned about Arsonist before that their model and cameo ain't get along with.

-Great tempest animation. I felt like I crop a spinningFanBlade.gif into the MO.

-would be really nice if you have an optional add-on which removes the beginner helping symbol on the cameo.

-and the Foehn Shipyard graphics bug whether the ships model will be exposed above the shipyard when they get repairing that I reported years ago. Is that really "trivial" to fix it? ):

Edited by FELITH, 03 April 2018 - 03:48 AM.

#3238 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:59 AM

-Foehn Building really needs building animation. even with that nano reason, It could be more cool than just the shaped flash.

-I think medic need a new model so you can remove the wrench and health symbol. or just leaves the symbol there they don't have insignia anyways.

-I mentioned about Arsonist before that their model and cameo ain't get along with.

-Great tempest animation. I felt like I crop a spinningFanBlade.gif into the MO.

-would be really nice if you have an optional add-on which removes the helping symbol on the cameo.

-and the Foehn Shipyard graphics bug whether the ships model will be exposed above the shipyard when they get repairing that I reported years ago. Is that really "trivial"?

- It's take too much effort on this, make up for every building is more than total convertion for all 4 side.
- No Comment
- No Comment
- I agree with this at least make it look perspective.

- I think impossible due engine.

- I didn't notice that.

#3239 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:14 AM

- It's take too much effort on this, make up for every building is more than total convertion for all 4 side.
- I think impossible due engine.

- I know I'm still trying to live with it. be on plan even with a very long time, it's better than never. I hope I could get the answer cause he doesn't talk much.

- It's possible I think. you can replace them with the higher number of mix file.

Edited by FELITH, 03 April 2018 - 03:15 AM.

#3240 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:45 AM

I have to agree on the nuwa voice though, it sounds pretty off and it's quotes are rather hypocritical(they seem to be pacifistic, but yet they are driving a vehicle that is the opposite of peaceful solutions).

That is intentional.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users