Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#3301 teztez

teztez
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Sometime my ground defense does not attack enemies within range. :whathuh:

#3302 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

Mental AI boost seems to make skrimish challenging.

Nah, it just makes it more frustrating. The AI remains as stupid as ever, and it still can't breach strong static defences. What changes is that with mental boost, the AI does not only have practically infinite money, but also it clones its units, which makes any ground assault against it borderline impossible, simply because you face a never-ending army. Naval and aerial bombardment however, is an effective tactic.

I think the following four things would improve the AI dramatically:
-Its teams should attack the closest enemy entity to the AI's base. This would mean that they'd priorize miners, and enemy units before bases, most of the time. This would make microing against the AI's units much harder.
-When a unit in the AI's taskforce is attacked, all units in the taskforce should respond, not just that one unit. (as in: Tiberian Sun)
-Before assaulting a base, the AI's taskforce should gather itself properly. (as in: vanilla RA2, if my memory serves me well)
-ALL of the AI's assaults against a base should seek for the weakest point in the defences, the AI should never just headbutt into a forest of turrets.

Edited by Divine, 17 April 2018 - 03:34 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3303 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:31 PM

-Before assaulting a base, the AI's taskforce should gather itself properly. (as in: vanilla RA2, if my memory serves me well)

This was removed to make the attacks come faster. They still gather at friendly base like in RA2, but they no longer gather near the enemy base.
But don't be surprised if, in the next patch, the AI will occasionally gather its units at enemy base to use some nasty tricks on them. :)

-ALL of the AI's assaults against a base should seek for the weakest point in the defences, the AI should never just headbutt into a forest of turrets.

It already does that if it's looking for something in the base and there is an alternate path to avoid the defenses to get there. Plenty of attack teams will hunt for base defenses first anyway, though.
You need to play on open maps to notice it.

Edited by mevitar, 17 April 2018 - 06:34 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#3304 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

What are your expectations of AI? If not hunkering down then marching out, what do you expect from a skirmish game? What about PvE in general, like co-op, challenges, or campaign?

Being challenging while being reasonable with its advantages, having some sort of late game scaling.

I would expect any PvE mode to be for fun, experimenting and learning the units and mechanics.

#3305 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

Can Morales sight range be the same as his firing range? As his firing range is further

#3306 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:33 AM

-When a unit in the AI's taskforce is attacked, all units in the taskforce should respond, not just that one unit. (as in: Tiberian Sun)

I think this is not good idea, it's mean that you attack one tank on that group with anti-armor infantrys, all of try retaliate them. That will be make them less annoying.

Think about miner hunting taskforce, currently you need to micro your unit to attack all of them to prevent them to attack miner, if you three or more of them, you mostly lost some miners.

#3307 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

I think this is not good idea, it's mean that you attack one tank on that group with anti-armor infantrys, all of try retaliate them. That will be make them less annoying.

AI taskforces that consists of different types of units capable of covering each others' weaknesses is the answer to that problem. It would also counter kiting to some degree.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#3308 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:02 PM

Can Morales sight range be the same as his firing range? As his firing range is further

15 sight range is surely OP (Foehn sodar array has only 14). I can live with a 9 -> 10 buff tho.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#3309 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:45 AM

Sometimes Mental AI Boost makes challenges easier. The biggest sinner here is probably pre- 3.3.3 Watercube, where the AI built so much buildings to the point where they practically can't reach tier 3 due to lack of space.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3310 teztez

teztez
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:11 AM

Getting cyborg commando in skirmish is impossible.I infiltrated all four tech building and conyard but i still could not get him.

it says i have to have barracks and tech building of all four faction.Thats ridiculous. :facepalm:

Its already hard enough to infiltrate four tech building and conyard. :sad:     

#3311 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:31 PM

Getting cyborg commando in skirmish is impossible.I infiltrated all four tech building and conyard but i still could not get him.

it says i have to have barracks and tech building of all four faction.Thats ridiculous. :facepalm:

Cyborg commando is op as fuck so actually the needs for it are reasonable

If you really want to play with him, play Island gamemode and play as Russia (Stalins fist, Wolfhounds and V/CH will make the island combat easy and since SCUD has the longest range you can demolish what you need from AI base before bringing in saboteurs and engineers) .

Since AI doesn't know how to use amphibious transports on certain maps they cannot kill each other, only threat you can find are siege aircraft so i would place Soviets near you so you are the target of Kirovs.

Use Wolfhounds to control the airspace so no Basilisks, Quetzals and Barracudas will slip and destroy AI's tech structure (Since Barracudas will almost always go for them)

If you slip and AI gots its tech structure destroyed, just wait and let it build up and pillage it again.

Preferably, you should not have friendly AI on your side, it will not understand your intentions and will target MCV/Lab if you make an opening in the defences. You can friendly fire them but if they send something like Barracudas you might not realize what is going to happen until you see your precious target going boom.

Also no superweapons ofc. While something like Chronosphere could be utilized to transport stolen MCV's back to your main base, the constant threat of losing half of your base is too much frustration, although you could play as Foehn and flip them off with Signal Inhibitors but that would result in AI nuking each others bases, constantly destroying their tech structures and Foehn armies are generally crappy for Cyborg Commando attempt.

#3312 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

If you really want to play with him, play Island gamemode and play as Russia (Stalins fist, Wolfhounds and V/CH will make the island combat easy and since SCUD has the longest range you can demolish what you need from AI base before bringing in saboteurs and engineers) .

Since AI doesn't know how to use amphibious transports on certain maps they cannot kill each other, only threat you can find are siege aircraft so i would place Soviets near you so you are the target of Kirovs.

Use Wolfhounds to control the airspace so no Basilisks, Quetzals and Barracudas will slip and destroy AI's tech structure (Since Barracudas will almost always go for them)

If you slip and AI gots its tech structure destroyed, just wait and let it build up and pillage it again.

Preferably, you should not have friendly AI on your side, it will not understand your intentions and will target MCV/Lab if you make an opening in the defences. You can friendly fire them but if they send something like Barracudas you might not realize what is going to happen until you see your precious target going boom.

Also no superweapons ofc. While something like Chronosphere could be utilized to transport stolen MCV's back to your main base, the constant threat of losing half of your base is too much frustration, although you could play as Foehn and flip them off with Signal Inhibitors but that would result in AI nuking each others bases, constantly destroying their tech structures and Foehn armies are generally crappy for Cyborg Commando attempt.

fyi you don't need to do all of this.

That 1v7 fortress map, Sky Temple, I think, gives the fortress player a cyborg commando and a squadron of Cyborg Vanguard for free. Plus, you can play against 7 AI, which makes it a great testing ground for Cyborg Commando. 

Edited by Tathmesh, 20 April 2018 - 02:08 PM.

#3313 teztez

teztez
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

As i said above its already hard hard enough.

By the time i got all four stolen tech there was only one faction left(hard mood).So it will be a very late game unit.

It would be great to have him just by stealing four technology. :themenace:

#3314 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

IMHO the Cyborg Commando should be given my Tech Secret Labs somehow. The lab shouldn't be enough in itself to build them, for obvious reasons, but I think it would make sense if one of the prerequisites was the lab.

Edited by Divine, 20 April 2018 - 02:43 PM.

#3315 ahmed.osama

ahmed.osama
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  Visit Egypt as a tourist and don't live in it. you will die slowly...................

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:47 PM

BTW how many Easter eggs are in the game?

#3316 Mr_DevilSmile

Mr_DevilSmile
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:44 AM

I would like the cyborg commando to be changed by something else. Come on, it's the technology of the 4 sides.... I should be able to build an EVA01, with a rail gun with nuclear projectiles, healing with tesla weapons, immunity to the emp effect, can crush the units t1 and t2 and teleport anywhere. 

#3317 Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna Kapsyla

The Badman

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Projects:Too Many To List
  •  Dr. Nitpick von Shitpost

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:56 AM

Just have it allow you to build Yukari Yakumo.

#3318 Mr_DevilSmile

Mr_DevilSmile
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

Can snipers be camouflaged like mirage tanks when deployed? the unit needs a boost to make it more effective, it may not be a big change but help to have a little more potential. It can be camouflaged as small shrubs, rocks and cactus. If you get back to a problem for the campaign mode you eliminate the ability to deploy on the missions. 

This idea was suggested by Blades in the discord

#3319 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

The sniper, much like the rocketeer, just need a stat boost instead of price decreases or drastic changes.

+3 damage and minus 25rof would make the rockteer capable of doing great dps

Sniper should be something like this, 900 credits price, range deployed increase to 13, damage against all infantry increased . Make it instead of taking 3-4 shots to kill a Knightsframe than would take 2 with the first shot capable of bribing the Knightframe down to red health. The Rof needs to be either reduced or stay to same to keep the Dps from not becoming completely bonkers. This way, Snipers can actually be a counter to heavy infantry instead of, idk, BEING CHEAPERS THAN SEALS FOR SOME REASON.

Edited by NorthFireZ, 22 April 2018 - 09:07 AM.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#3320 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

The sniper, much like the rocketeer, just need a stat boost instead of price decreases or drastic changes.

+3 damage and minus 25rof would make the rockteer capable of doing great dps

Sniper should be something like this, 900 credits price, range deployed increase to 13, damage against all infantry increased . Make it instead of taking 3-4 shots to kill a Knightsframe than would take 2 with the first shot capable of bribing the Knightframe down to red health. The Rof needs to be either reduced or stay to same to keep the Dps from not becoming completely bonkers. This way, Snipers can actually be a counter to heavy infantry instead of, idk, BEING CHEAPERS THAN SEALS FOR SOME REASON.

In MO3.3 seals cost $650.

And you can't expect Snipers to kill Knights in 2 shots, It even takes 2 shots from Fin to do so, and in less range.

Edited by PACER, 22 April 2018 - 11:04 AM.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users