Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4281 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega APYR Wiki
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:26 PM

Speaking about the official website, it mentions that Uragan's armor type is Plate, but in truth he shares the same armor type with Norio (Flak), which I confirmed when checking the game files.

BTW, can I discuss about info datamined from the game files here? Don't worry, I only do so for reference.

Edited by nikitazero678, 25 December 2018 - 01:28 PM.

#4282 SukaHati

SukaHati
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:08 AM

I had tested that cost multiplier like Industrial Plant do not affect time to built vehicles. However, they affect veterancy rate of those vehicles. What do you think about it?

#4283 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

Hmm.
Everything you kill worth a certain amount of points (heavier/stronger/expensive stuff equals more points). And I think gaining veterancy is based on those points that you've killed. Like if you have an abrams, and it kills 10 industrial plants, WFs, etc., it becomes elite. If you have a sniper, and it kills 10 spies for example, it will become elite.
Soooooo if the same strong unit is cheaper, it has to kill less stuff, because the game thinks it's cheaper, it needs less points to get the elite status. Someone correct me please, If I'm wrong.

#4284 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

Hmm.
Everything you kill worth a certain amount of points (heavier/stronger/expensive stuff equals more points). And I think gaining veterancy is based on those points that you've killed. Like if you have an abrams, and it kills 10 industrial plants, WFs, etc., it becomes elite. If you have a sniper, and it kills 10 spies for example, it will become elite.
Soooooo if the same strong unit is cheaper, it has to kill less stuff, because the game thinks it's cheaper, it needs less points to get the elite status. Someone correct me please, If I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure that veterancy is dependant on the cost of the unit and the cost of what it destroys, not on the points they worth. What are points used for anyway? Post-game stat calculation?

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4285 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:43 PM

It depends on money, not points. Which is why IPlant is an indirect buff to soviet veterancy gain.

#4286 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:58 AM

Thanks guys.
Maybe yes, they are for post-game calculation. It always shows how many points I get after a match.
And yeah: after starting a skirmish against AI, I press tab, it shows some of the enemies already killed 10 or so (they are all against me, not each other), however they did not attack at once. Does garrisoning/killing civilian buildings count as kill?

#4287 Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:05 AM

If I'm not mistaken, yes. Oh, capturing counts too.

---

I'm not sure but is Barracuda intentionally made to OHKO Superweapons in a squad given all fires two bullet rounds?

Edited by Daffa the Mage, 03 January 2019 - 07:12 AM.

#4288 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

Yes, superweapons are surprisingly fragile here compared to other cnc games (as they kinda should be). The only significant multiplier in their survivability is that you can't one shot superweapons with other superweapons even though their health is low enough to make that happen.

#4289 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

Ahh yes. 8000 creds are quite an investment, however.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4290 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

You need Baracuda 8 Bullet to take down full health SW, but if you get 3 shot down it's mean that not cost effective.

#4291 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:14 PM

Consider that you destroy a 5k worth building AND prevent just about that much damage to your own base. It definitely worths it, if you can pull it off.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#4292 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

In The Conqueror, the Scorpion Cell ally uses Lasher Tank as their basic tank rather than Mantis, which code is used by a kind of fake Rhino Tank. Is these Lashers appear on purpose? Or caused by the latter issue accidentally?

#4293 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

From what I know Mantis is not supposed to appear in that mission.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#4294 Malver170

Malver170
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:05 PM

I saw new coordnode picture. Will it do it's current purpose alongside with new one, or it will be changed completely? Or it's a secret?

#4295 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:32 AM

From what I know Mantis is not supposed to appear in that mission.

Hmm, I see. Probably that is because Scorpion Cell doesn't have access to their own base, so have to borrow Soviet War Factory - like PsiCorps did in Moonlight.

Edited by TerumasaReal, 08 January 2019 - 02:33 AM.

#4296 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:39 AM

Coordnode will be removed while the new building will extend chronolift from what I was told

Also, about The Conqueror, maybe despite being green those are not Scorpion Cell units? They use Shadow Tanks too after all. Maybe they were PsiCorps as well? I dunno, forgot about the text briefings

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4297 Revan0123

Revan0123
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Former Sith Lord who's stuck on earth, playing Video Games :P

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:55 AM

Also, about The Conqueror, maybe despite being green those are not Scorpion Cell units? They use Shadow Tanks too after all. Maybe they were PsiCorps as well? I dunno, forgot about the text briefings

To quote a line from the mission itself:

"Today, with the Scorpion Cell's help, we will expose the real nature of the world's "leader""

Edited by Revan0123, 08 January 2019 - 10:56 AM.

#4298 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

Huh, ok. Thanks for the clarification

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4299 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

Coordnode will be removed while the new building will extend chronolift from what I was told

By removed does this mean this new building won't have the defense firepower buff?

Edited by Tathmesh, 12 January 2019 - 07:23 PM.

#4300 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:40 PM

Bad decision tbh, Coordnode was fine as it was, the new feature should not be added at the cost of it. Foehn is already oversaturated with gimmicks, and they get even more (waveshaper), while the in comparison simplistic vanilla factions go on the basis of "take one to add one"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users