Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4681 Unknown_From_Egypt

Unknown_From_Egypt
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:59 PM

I wanted to say thank you to all those who helped make this mod a better mod. it is really so fun and enjoyable.

I just wanted also to suggest something to make skirmish games more fun and enjoyable.

If possible, can you make players choose tech level for each AI player. Like an option which makes it possible for me to play with a tech level of 7 and another AI player with tech level of 9.

Another suggestion, can you please make it possible to play just with support super weapon available without the ultimate super weapon. An option where i can just build chronosphere without weather controler. Iron curtain without nuke silo. That would be much appreciated.

Edited by Unknown_From_Egypt, 20 July 2019 - 04:01 PM.

#4682 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:11 AM

What do you say about this IDEA:

Psi Corps Subfaction (in reference to their psychic tech.): Lets replace "Ghost Miners and ore Refinery" by "Slave Miners"

Scorpion Cell  Subfaction (in reference to their "drill" technology (Tyrant and Driller Transport using it allready): Lets replace Ghost Miners by something like "Driller Miner" (now you have to think how to balance it... hmm maybe when miner will not have 100% HP his Drill technology will not work ? Or lets give them limited time under ground for example. After 5 sec that miners need to go out and recharge the drill  )

Epsilon HQ Subfaction (in reference to their unique stealth technology already used in "Shadow Tanks" and "Genomines") Theres the best place for Ghost Miners.

Unbalanced huh ? :smile2ap: I wonder if Mental Creators thought about it earlier . Its realy instane ? 

Actually what about they just set Ghost Miner for Psi-Corps, Headquarters and set Slave Miner for Scorpion Cell?

footer.jpg

#4683 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

Actually I remember that being a thing before 3.0 was released.

#4684 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:09 PM

What do you say about this IDEA:

Psi Corps Subfaction (in reference to their psychic tech.): Lets replace "Ghost Miners and ore Refinery" by "Slave Miners"

Scorpion Cell Subfaction (in reference to their "drill" technology (Tyrant and Driller Transport using it allready): Lets replace Ghost Miners by something like "Driller Miner" (now you have to think how to balance it... hmm maybe when miner will not have 100% HP his Drill technology will not work ? Or lets give them limited time under ground for example. After 5 sec that miners need to go out and recharge the drill )

Epsilon HQ Subfaction (in reference to their unique stealth technology already used in "Shadow Tanks" and "Genomines") Theres the best place for Ghost Miners.

Unbalanced huh ? :smile2ap: I wonder if Mental Creators thought about it earlier . Its realy instane ?

Actually what about they just set Ghost Miner for Psi-Corps, Headquarters and set Slave Miner for Scorpion Cell?

I'd prefer that the miners stay the same. They are fine for what they are. The only real miner change would have to be lowering the fast repair rate of Minermites.

#4685 TKeller420

TKeller420
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:13 AM

My enemy ai has unlimited funds...

Edited by TKeller420, 23 July 2019 - 12:14 AM.

#4686 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:05 AM

Yepp, the AI has unlimited money. Which means you can send infinite amounts of spies into refineries.

@Ebonight: 4 or more Miniminers feel like you found a local HP crate :D

#4687 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:39 PM

Yepp, the AI has unlimited money. Which means you can send infinite amounts of spies into refineries.

Not infinite per se, but the AI gets much more money from all sources than players do. I depleted a mental AI's money once after a long war of attrition, killing its miners, blowing up its derricts, and sending a horde of some 300+ spies in its refinery. I wish we had a decent AI instead of one that cheats so obviously.... but the game engine is very limited in this regard. One thing I thought of, would be a third party AI program that could be fought through multiplayer. It would be a gargantuan project, tho.

Edited by Divine, 23 July 2019 - 02:42 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4688 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:36 AM

....why?

because...

#4689 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:08 AM

Not infinite per se, but the AI gets much more money from all sources than players do. I depleted a mental AI's money once after a long war of attrition, killing its miners, blowing up its derricts, and sending a horde of some 300+ spies in its refinery. I wish we had a decent AI instead of one that cheats so obviously.... but the game engine is very limited in this regard. One thing I thought of, would be a third party AI program that could be fought through multiplayer. It would be a gargantuan project, tho.

I always thought, I don't know where did I got that information.I've never reached (and never tested, just spent 20-25 spies to have enough credits) that point, so I learned something today. :D Thanks.

#4690 Tomb Deathwing

Tomb Deathwing
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:02 PM

If is possible to suggest something.

It will possible to lower the sound of the blast trench when they are active.

the blast vapor is too loud, and with the limited sound options ( when units are mute as there are to many sounds at the same time ) doesnt help.

But still i wish for the next update that the Blast trench vapor sound is lowered more.

#4691 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:54 PM

I have a question.

I want make Boid Blitz like super weapon but I want to my superweapon fires more than 1 time when I use it.

How I can do this?

footer.jpg

#4692 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:10 AM

With normal weapons (tanks, infantry, etc. shooting - without a timer and a special superweapon) you just add a burst to their primary/secondary weapon, and that's it. Maybe if it works with special weapons, then just add the line under it's Primary section (or its SuperWeapon - sorry, I can remember, I didn't play the game since february :( ): Burst=xxx.

But due to the projectiles special ballistic properties, will all of them hit the same spot, or is it kinda random?

Edited by CrimsonRaider, 29 July 2019 - 06:15 AM.

#4693 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:26 AM

Search for ModEnc. It's a good starting/learning site. And the Ares 2.0 documentation, it's up to date.

#4694 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

With normal weapons (tanks, infantry, etc. shooting - without a timer and a special superweapon) you just add a burst to their primary/secondary weapon, and that's it. Maybe if it works with special weapons, then just add the line under it's Primary section (or its SuperWeapon - sorry, I can remember, I didn't play the game since february :( ): Burst=xxx.

But due to the projectiles special ballistic properties, will all of them hit the same spot, or is it kinda random?

I tried "Burst=XXX" before I write my question but it didn't worked, no matter how much you set bursts it still firing 1 times.

footer.jpg

#4695 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:35 PM

Maybe this only works with conventional units then. I like fine tuning the game for my linking, but honestly I never edited Boid's firing mode once. Perhaps @Handepsilon or @Divine or the others who know better what they do can help. Now I'm interested too. :D

#4696 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:03 PM

I guess that even if the boid can't fire in a burst like normal weapons do you could make it appear to fire in a burst. You would need an appropriate sound effect (multiple firing sounds in one file BANG BANG BANG), an appropriate firing animation (a muzzle flash or whatever that is flashing more than once / cycle, like machine gun animations), and an invisible projectile that has a trail effect that looks like a trail of multiple boid projectiles behind each other. Think of the V3 missile, but the rocket is invisible, and instead of smoke puffs, it would be boid projectiles. The entire thing is a cluster warhead that airbursts over the target with some scatter. The bust sub-munitions would individually look like boid projectiles.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#4697 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:19 AM

I guess that even if the boid can't fire in a burst like normal weapons do you could make it appear to fire in a burst. You would need an appropriate sound effect (multiple firing sounds in one file BANG BANG BANG), an appropriate firing animation (a muzzle flash or whatever that is flashing more than once / cycle, like machine gun animations), and an invisible projectile that has a trail effect that looks like a trail of multiple boid projectiles behind each other. Think of the V3 missile, but the rocket is invisible, and instead of smoke puffs, it would be boid projectiles. The entire thing is a cluster warhead that airbursts over the target with some scatter. The bust sub-munitions would individually look like boid projectiles.

The problem is I am working on a ballistic projectile, if I set it invisible it wont work like I planned. If I take its image or make it inviso its local changing itself.

footer.jpg

#4698 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:41 PM

The problem is I am working on a ballistic projectile, if I set it invisible it wont work like I planned. If I take its image or make it inviso its local changing itself.

I'm not sure if I understand right, but if you're saying that making it invisible in the usual ways affects its physical properties somehow, then you could just use a blank/dummy image as its image, making it de facto invisible.

#4699 Verthunder

Verthunder
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:37 PM

Hi,

New changes which MENTAL Creators prepared for us - thats are big changes (IMO) and might take so long time. After new patch 3.3.5 many problems bugs might happen .

What do you think about split that great update 3.3.5 for 2 parts?. One part (3.3.5a) will introduce all changes for factions in skirmish mode - so players will be allow to play and testing new changes after that new patch introduced in 3.3.5b called "campaign patch" will be more fine-tuned.

Note: Patch 3.3.5a will disable all campaign missions due to lack of compatibility

Edited by Verthunder, 11 August 2019 - 06:56 PM.

#4700 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:35 AM

I am here this time to ask for something. "RA1 Soviet Airfield" 's texture is broken. Like you can try yourself if you use it as a airfield some planes wont be see when they are on airfield because its texture. Can you guys fix it for next update?

footer.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users