Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4841 Qeit

Qeit
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:48 PM

How about my idea "Risen Caustic Column" (T1 anti-armor) for all Epsilon? See the details here: https://forums.revor...36#entry1103653

Oh, I remember that wall of text. It was impossible to read that all. You are really unkind to your readers.

That said, I don't see any reason to add new defensive structures to SC or HQ (well, except naval one :) ). And you proposed pretty much antitank flame tower, which isn't something, that PC needs in my opinion. It should be built like normal structure/defense.

Is there a way to know what is the tier of each structure and trainables? Wanna know which ones get disabled at what level.

Wikia, I guess. I wish Speeder would add that info on mentalomega.com though.

I can't see it returning to the Epsilon in the future however, since there'd logistically and realistically be no room for the Slave Miner in the Epsilon Arsenal. The only way I could see it reasonably appearing in any non-custom map, is through crates.

That's simple. Not enough miners, so used everything that could be used. Including human slaves, mind controlled humans, specifically mutated humans (immune to genetical mutations kind of weapon). They not used everywhere (because there is no reason), but can be manufactured and used on the battlefield if such need arise.

Edited by Qeit, 06 April 2020 - 03:51 PM.

#4842 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:13 AM

How about my idea "Risen Caustic Column" (T1 anti-armor) for all Epsilon? See the details here: https://forums.revor...36#entry1103653

Oh, I remember that wall of text. It was impossible to read that all. You are really unkind to your readers.

That said, I don't see any reason to add new defensive structures to SC or HQ (well, except naval one :) ). And you proposed pretty much antitank flame tower, which isn't something, that PC needs in my opinion. It should be built like normal structure/defense.

Use "Ctrl + F" to search, then you can easily find the information you need.

I introduce Risen Caustic Column and Risen Nutrient Column to replace Risen Inferno Tower for all three Epsilon subfactions.

Neither Caustic Column nor Nutrient Column is self-destructive.

Now each faction has its T1 anti-armor defense “tower”: Anti-tank Mine (Allied), Battle Bunker (Soviet), Caustic Column (Epsilon), Gun Turret (Foehn).

As HK's Flame Tower is concerned, now it is T2 "defense tower" (called from Guerrilla Facilities) and quite different from Caustic Column.

About AC's new naval unit, I do create one -- Nightmare to replace Resheph.

Come on, any good strategy game is a delicate system and beyond any single person's ability. I always focus on the SYSTEM, which is above this unit or that building. That's why my paper needs more than 20 thousands of words (part of which is quoting others). I once wrote an article on how to improve the system of "Heroes of Might and Magic 3", which had more than 50 thousands of Chinese characters (≈ 100 thousands of English words in length). And it has attracted a branch of readers, who have given many thoughtful comments and helped me a lot. I expect more reviews (including critiques) about my MO paper.

#4843 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:04 AM

Now each faction has its T1 anti-armor defense “tower”: Anti-tank Mine (Allied), Battle Bunker (Soviet), Caustic Column (Epsilon), Gun Turret (Foehn).

But Epsilon already has T1 anti-armor defense tower

It's called the Tank Bunker, which buffs the tank inside (ROF and range iirc)

Come on, any good strategy game is a delicate system and beyond any single person's ability. I always focus on the SYSTEM, which is above this unit or that building. That's why my paper needs more than 20 thousands of words (part of which is quoting others). I once wrote an article on how to improve the system of "Heroes of Might and Magic 3", which had more than 50 thousands of Chinese characters (≈ 100 thousands of English words in length). And it has attracted a branch of readers, who have given many thoughtful comments and helped me a lot. I expect more reviews (including critiques) about my MO paper.

If you format it much better, then maybe they can read it better.

Edited by Handepsilon, 08 April 2020 - 05:06 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4844 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:09 PM

Add some humanitarian missions against the atrocities committed by Yuri.

#4845 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 02:19 PM

So your specific suggestions are ...

#4846 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:02 PM

Stalin's Organ: https://www.youtube....h?v=Cnzfh-uGvaY

#4847 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 08:24 AM

So your specific suggestions are ...

I can't believe I have to do this... but alright, I'll give a small example, based on the first Allied portion of your post

Spoiler

My personal opinion though is that even with just this portion, this sounds like waaaaaay too much rebalance tweak.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4848 Mr_DevilSmile

Mr_DevilSmile
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 06:38 AM

Ideas to improve Blasticade:

1) Remove Bastion Wall and Blast Trench, add the Blast Wall. (Instead of filling your trench base in late game, let the walls do the work)

2) Change the Blast Trench for a Support Power. (Select an area on the map, you can build two Blast Trench pieces in the selected area. (I don't know if the game allows that))

3) That works the same as the PsiCorps Magnetic Beam. (Like a whirlwind going around the map hunting Kirov Airship. if it is very strong, it can only be done in an area around the blasticade, similar to Chronolift)

4) A power that only affects units affected by the Spinblades. (Similar to Zorbfloater, creates a sphere around units, which deals damage to enemy units. Power can function by selecting an area of the map or affecting all units affected by the Spinblades)

Maybe these ideas are bad, but Blasticade seems to me the least useful thing. Only in a challenge can it have real utility.

#4849 legionnaire501

legionnaire501
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 11:37 AM

personally the first idea seem like the best one as the second one seems like it would lower its usefulness even more and all the others immediately made me think of other units and abilities (megalodon megaarenas, alanqa tornadoes and the chinese irradiation). that said rather then combine the two i would make it so that you could place the trenches into the walls that way you could use them as impromptu gates as well and wont have gaps in your defence

#4850 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:04 AM

1. Thanks very much. I’ve adopted your advice on the layout. Alas, the post here doesn’t look the same as in my MS Word. For example, the row space turns a bit broad, when a paragraph begins with a dot.

But Epsilon already has T1 anti-armor defense tower

It's called the Tank Bunker, which buffs the tank inside (ROF and range iirc)

Do you really think Tank Bunker is an anti-armor tower?!

FYI: I do say "Now each faction has its T1 anti-armor defense “tower”: Anti-tank Mine (Allied), Battle Bunker (Soviet), Caustic Column (Epsilon), Gun Turret (Foehn)." However, "Battle Bunker", both in my version and in the upcoming 3.3.5, will be preloaded with 2 Flak Troopers.

#4851 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:51 AM

Do you really think Tank Bunker is an anti-armor tower?!

If Battle Bunker filled with flak troopers count as T1 anti-armor, then why can't Tank Bunker filled with MBT count as one?

B'sides, everyone who played Epsilon enough knows well that Archers do much better job than any form of turrets in repelling tanks. Sure they're not as mobile as actual tanks, but stationary defenses are immobile to begin with anyways

Edited by Handepsilon, 04 May 2020 - 03:53 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4852 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 01:11 PM

If Battle Bunker filled with flak troopers count as T1 anti-armor, then why can't Tank Bunker filled with MBT count as one?

B'sides, everyone who played Epsilon enough knows well that Archers do much better job than any form of turrets in repelling tanks. Sure they're not as mobile as actual tanks, but stationary defenses are immobile to begin with anyways

1 Although Caustic Column is a stationary defense, Risen Caustic Column and Risen Nutrient Column are support power, replacing Risen Inferno.

2 Tank Bunker preloaded with MBT is a clumsy design.

2.1 SC, PC and AC have different MBTs; whereas HK, RK and KK share the same Flak Trooper.

2.2 Even Mantis + Tank Bunker is too expensive, comparing with two Flak Troopers + Battle Bunker.

2.3 A Tank Bunker merely has one slot; while a Battle Bunker has as many as six slots.

2.4 Because of 2.2 and 2.3, your proposal reduces player’s strategy set (i.e. choices).

3 The much better design is Bloodhounds + Quick Fort, as I’ve said in may paper:

Bloodhounds (SC now, from Aerodome, 1 Speeder Trike + 2 Mantis Tanks + 2 Gatling Tanks + 1 Stinger, $3000, Note: Bloodhounds and Quick Fort deserve one another; “Scorpion Cell can overwhelm their enemies with sheer numbers”)

Tip: 1. Let your opponent infiltrate your Fake Aerodome (with the help of Mind Reader), then catch your opponent off guard (Bloodhounds + Toxic Mine Paradrop). 2. Only build the cheap Fake Aerodome to feint.

I invite you to review the relevant parts.

#4853 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:27 PM

On the topic of tank bunkers, i'd like to suggest either-

1. Tanks placed there get additional attack damage (Since its pretty much infantry "garrisoning" minus the added attack damage they get).

2. Any tank can enter it. (Geheva Platform x Tank Bunker ;) )

3. Both.

Since NOBODY actually uses tank bunkers, this might make it more appealing to people.

#4854 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

For Blasticade...

I dont know what to do with it, my probable suggestion is to somehow make building the actual wall of the Blasticade quicker? or maybe instead of an actual structure, a wall of blasticade gas (whatever u call it) can appear anywhere in the battlefield to deny entry, sort of like a force shield that denies entrance to certain locations.

Along with that, it shouldn't be terrain exclusive, meaning hills and cliffs can still be blasticated. This fits the "denial of entrance" motive that the blasticade originally has. 

#4855 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:17 AM

1. Tanks placed there get additional attack damage (Since its pretty much infantry "garrisoning" minus the added attack damage they get).

3. Both.

Since NOBODY actually uses tank bunkers, this might make it more appealing to people.

1. They do, I think. But what I'm sure is that they get increased attack speed and more attack range, which also makes it a viable anti-spy turret if you garrison it with stingers

2. Unfortunately I think that's impossible given its' mechanic. Iirc, it's tied to turret-based attacks.

EDIT : nvm, they lost that fire rate upgrade in last update, but their damage increase is raised from 1.25 to 1.4

Edited by Handepsilon, 06 May 2020 - 02:19 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4856 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:42 PM

Maybe a better idea for balancing tank bunkers is to allow less types of tanks to enter the bunker, rather than more?

Battle bunkers are good because they dramatically improve the DPS of 6 shitty conscripts or flak troopers. Whereas for tank bunkers, the DPS gains don't seem to be noticeable.

It might be bad to do blanket increase on the tank bunker's DPS, because then T3 tanks in bunkers might be overpowered. Can you imagine a Tesla Cruiser or Abrams with battle bunker attack speed?

If Ares allows you to set different modifiers for different tanks inside a tank bunker, then maybe you could just buff T1 in bunkers to give Epsilon a nice early game anti-armor option. Otherwise, maybe you could only allow T1 vehicles inside a tank bunker and give huge bonuses similar to a battle bunker.

#4857 Mr_DevilSmile

Mr_DevilSmile
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:26 AM

Do you want to use tank bunker? the occupier of a Bunker self-repairs.

#4858 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 10:25 AM

3. Both.

1. They do, I think. But what I'm sure is that they get increased attack speed and more attack range, which also makes it a viable anti-spy turret if you garrison it with stingers

2. Unfortunately I think that's impossible given its' mechanic. Iirc, it's tied to turret-based attacks.

EDIT : nvm, they lost that fire rate upgrade in last update, but their damage increase is raised from 1.25 to 1.4

Doesn't Ares have a mechanic that can work around that? 

I'd either go with that, making the tank bunker accessible to most tanks (making also the damn gehenna sort of useful for once), or huge damage increases and fire rate increases but only available to t1 vehicles.

Both Epsilons Inferno tower and Antares battery both do splash damage, whilst the other factions have defenses that do high dps to single units, upgrading the tank bunker should balance this out.

#4859 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 12:49 PM

Do you think Allied's, Soviet's and Epsilon's T3 Defend Towers need to be (more) different from each other? If so, what's your idea? If not, why?

#4860 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

Do you think Allied's, Soviet's and Epsilon's T3 Defend Towers need to be (more) different from each other? If so, what's your idea? If not, why?

I think they're already as different as they can get, Prism Tower has linking effect, Tesla Coils can get a boost by tesla troopers, and Inferno tower well does splash damage lol.

Not sure if its either that you meant or the Antares battery, grand cannon, etc.

In that case those defenses really need some sort of difference lol that sets them apart from each other, i honestly can't tell the difference between the grand cannon, hammer defense, and antares, i literally DON'T notice it (except that maybe Antares does less damage to infantry than the other 2). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users