Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4881 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:06 PM

Would it be fitting if Dybukk Seizer gets added to the Psicorps arsenal as it seems a more fitting use and would sexily compliment the Psicorps army, as opposed to it being stolen tech (as it doesnt seem like a viable unit during epsilon vs epsilon matches)

I agree.

#4882 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:03 AM

3.3.4's Wolfhound's missile has its name "Tschmel".

What's "Tschmel"?

I looked up it in quite a few dictionaries, and found nothing.

I searched it on the internet, and only found names.

Is "Tschmel" the name who named the missile after himself/herself?

Does "Tschmel" have anything to do with Russian?

Is "Tschmel" a made-up word?

#4883 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:21 AM

There’s a skirmish map called “Yunru’s Snowglass”.

What’s “snowglass”?

My guess is a pair of spectacles that protect her eyes in a snowfield (e.g. Yunru’s homeland -- Kashmir).

If I’m right, glassES ought to be plural, and the name had better be “Yunru’s Snow-glasses”.

Just like Yunru’s name, “snowglass” also has various interpretations among Chinese community. Although Yunru’s name is beyond remedy, I try to fix this one.

Edited by Zhang Jian, 25 May 2020 - 09:08 AM.

#4884 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 05:48 PM

There’s a skirmish map called “Yunru’s Snowglass”.

What’s “snowglass”?

My guess is a pair of spectacles that protect her eyes in a snowfield (e.g. Yunru’s homeland -- Kashmir).

If I’m right, glassES ought to be plural, and the name had better be “Yunru’s Snow-glasses”.

Just like Yunru’s name, “snowglass” also has various interpretations among Chinese community. Although Yunru’s name is beyond remedy, I try to fix this one.

glass-snow-ball-3910503.jpg

#4885 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:31 AM

Let's figure out a new name for “Super Thor”.

Once I came up with "Haloed Thor", which I now realize it's not suitable.

How about "Odin Gunship"?

Please propose imaginative names.

#4886 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:52 AM

Would it be fitting if Dybukk Seizer gets added to the Psicorps arsenal as it seems a more fitting use and would sexily compliment the Psicorps army, as opposed to it being stolen tech (as it doesnt seem like a viable unit during epsilon vs epsilon matches)

I. No. A better solution is to modify Dybbuk-Seizer so that it is a viable unit duiring Epsilon vs Epsilon.

And my modification is: cloaked, reveal to “attack”, Speed decreased from 36(jet) to 18(jet), 2 ammunition, each ammunition takes 18 in-game seconds to reload, each ammunition permanently controls a ground unit or a building, no more rage.

II. Yes. Epsilon needs more kinds of airplanes.

Now the Dybbuk aircraft series contain: -A (Attacker), -C (Crasher), -E (Evolver), -I (Interceptor), -J (Jobseeker), -M (Mutator), -T (Transporter), -S (Seizer).

See details here: https://forums.revor...36#entry1103653

III. As for pad airplane in general

I put a great deal of efforts to encourage players to use pad airplanes:

1. I degrade Runway, Dybbuk-E and Dybbuk-M.

2. I set all airfields, including Runways and Cyberkernels, are immune to capture and mind-control.

3. I set all pad airplane are immune to mind-control, hijack and depiloted.

4. I create some imaginative sorts of pad airplanes (Wallbuster, Arch Dust Devil, Double-headed Eagle, Dybbuk-C, Dybbuk-J, Virgin).

5. I improve some kinds of pad airplanes (Lionheart, Foxtrot, Dybbuk-A, Dybbuk-E, Dybbuk-M, Dybbuk-S).

6. I set Airbase, AFH and Aerodome can be built before War Factory.

7. I set Aerodome is unlocked by either Radar Spire or Pandora Hub.

8. I set AFH as a precondition for all Soviet T3 labs.

9. I generalize the expansion on AFH.

10. I invent Fake Aerodome. Now Allied has Airbase + Runway, Soviet has AFH +AFHPC, Epsilon SC has Aerodome + Fake Aerodome.

11. In 3.3.4 pad airplane’s armor type is monotonously Light Aircraft. In point of fact, it’s better to diversify the armor types of pad airplanes, even into Special Armor I and Special Armor II.

12. (zj 1.0.8) I set Cyberkernel also able to house an airplane. Now every faction has its airfields and pad airplanes.

13. On the one hand, Aerodome is the only airfield that doesn’t function as a lab. On the other hand, Epsilon has the best anti-infantry (Dybbuk-E), the best anti-armor (Dybbuk-A), the best siege  (Dybbuk-C), the best stolen tech (Dybbuk-S), and the only epic (Dybbuk-J), as well as two nice support powers, to allure players to construct Aerodome(s).

14. (zj 1.1.3) All pad airplanes are immune to radiation. In another words, view airplanes as robots.

Edited by Zhang Jian, 01 June 2020 - 12:27 PM.

#4887 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:41 PM

Please, for the love of God, can we just refrain from posting page-sized images without spoiler tags and using massive font sizes?

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4888 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

Please, for the love of God, can we just refrain from posting page-sized images without spoiler tags and using massive font sizes?

I think you gotta teach him how to lol

#4889 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:23 AM

Holy shit. The Siren Battleship is real. The devs do consider feedback from the forums.

No more uninspired navy units, make way for chrono-shifting boats and radiation cruisers.

Edited by Tathmesh, 06 June 2020 - 03:25 AM.

#4890 Verthunder

Verthunder
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:11 PM

Hey, Guys i want to ask you about implementation special alternative button called "AI difficult for begginers" in skirmish mode? Pls look at attached picture. I know some people (like my younger cousin) who cant deal with normal dificulity of AI .

https://imgur.com/zXDCv7k

Edited by Verthunder, 08 June 2020 - 07:28 PM.

#4891 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:54 AM

Hey, Guys i want to ask you about implementation special alternative button called "AI difficult for begginers" in skirmish mode? Pls look at attached picture. I know some people (like my younger cousin) who cant deal with normal dificulity of AI .

https://imgur.com/zXDCv7k

For example, you can ally yourself with 3 mental AIs vs 2 mental AIs.

#4892 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:59 AM

"Scavenger responding." vs "Scavenger reporting."

This is one of the quotes when Scavenger is seleted.

Which one is right?

According to my hearing, it's "responding".

According to https://moapyr.fando...cavenger/Quotes, it's "reporting".

#4893 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:10 AM

We don't need jet oversaturation though. Jets are already very limited in how they are controlled (can't even be waypointed) and has caps on how many you can field. An Epic-level jet unit makes even less sense.... let alone one for Scorpion Cell, whose modus operandi revolves around swarming opponents with lots of weak units.

Besides, isn't Allied supposed to be the faction that has the air superiority?

Edited by Handepsilon, 09 June 2020 - 08:13 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4894 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

We don't need jet oversaturation though. Jets are already very limited in how they are controlled (can't even be waypointed) and has caps on how many you can field. An Epic-level jet unit makes even less sense.... let alone one for Scorpion Cell, whose modus operandi revolves around swarming opponents with lots of weak units.

Besides, isn't Allied supposed to be the faction that has the air superiority?

1 To ecourage players to use jets is NOT just my idea. @一家之主风见幽香, an influential figure among Chinese MO community, also holds the opinion. Their (yes, they are a group) article is here: https://www.bilibili.../read/cv2764124 (a lengthy Chinese article).

Note: They add NO jets though. I independently both conclude the idea and create those jets.

2 In 3.3.4, Allied has already had three kinds of jets. In my propose, nothing but that HK, RK, KK, PC and AC also have three kinds of jets (while SC has four), Foehn has only one, and Stolen Tech gets one more (Soviet to infiltrate Epsilon). How can you say there’s jet oversaturation in my humble plan?!

3 In my paper, the jet (only jet not the whole air force) strength: Epsilon > Allied > Soviet >> Foehn. So as for the question how many you can field, Soviet (let alone Foehn) has only a small demand, since it doesn’t rely on jets. Allied has Runways to meet the demand, just as in 3.3.4. Epsilon? The new invented Dybbuk-Crashers are kamikazes!!!

4 There’s no problem for RA2 and YR to set Allied has air superiority. However, within MO3’s system, that old set no longer works.

4.1 Epsilon should have JET superiority, because Aerodome is the only airfield that doesn’t function as a lab.

4.2 Paradrops shouldn’t be NA’s feature in MO3 either.

Airborne Team (KK now, from KKAFHPC, 9 Conscripts + 5 Flak Troops + 2 Dogs, $1500, Note: Airborne Team and Instant Shelter deserve one another; KK, unlike HK and RK, doesn’t have special T2 infantry, so KK needs Airborne Team).

Bloodhounds (SC now, from Aerodome, 1 Speeder Trike + 2 Mantis Tanks + 2 Gatling Tanks + 1 Stinger, $3000, Note: Bloodhounds and Quick Fort deserve one another; “Scorpion Cell can overwhelm their enemies with sheer numbers”).

5 As for Dybbuk-Jobseeker. I invite you to read the relavant parts in my paper before any meaningful discussion.
Tip: To search “Dybbuk-J”, you can easily find them.

My paper: https://forums.revor...36#entry1103653

Edited by Zhang Jian, 10 June 2020 - 07:12 AM.

#4895 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:28 PM

I'm not sure why you had to rename the faction and use their abbreviations in public. It's not exactly something everybody will understand, but I digress.

2. 4 or more is too many. If you put in too many unit options and players end up not using all of them, that's an excess. An excess isn't always good.
It also makes no sense for Foehn to have jets to begin with. I'm pretty sure that last I heard, their tech is so advanced that they were above utilizing things such as jets and decided to use aircrafts that stay up in the air indefinitely. Not sure what the consensus is after next update tho.

3. I don't even know if kamikaze jets are a good idea. If they're just small time kamikaze I'd personally just skip them altogether.

4.1 Not even sure how you came up with such conclusion. If anything, the fact that Aerodome is not tied to anything vital such as tech or radar kinda signifies that they're afterthought, not superior. Maeanwhile for Allied, their life pretty much depends on that airfield to tech up, so players will most likely utilize that building. Also, Dybbuk aircrafts are kinda shit anyways compared to Harrier and Barracuda...

4.2 Also not sure how you think that Scorpion Cell should have airdrop... Aside from Toxic Strike, their tech and strikes revolves around underground ambush. I mean... Driller, Bloatick trap, Tyrant.

The missions that involves Scorpion Cell in the campaign also had them running underground instead of... you know, up to the sky. They're the kind of people who likes hiding. Flying around in the air just makes you a very obvious target, which really doesn't suit Epsilon's hidey and seeky characteristics.

5. So I looked at the unit and I cab safely say that I'd probably not use this Dybbuk-J. It ain't exactly too hard to detect an aircraft like this. I also got the vibe that you are assuming that Malver's biggest asset is how he doesn't trigger EVA unit Lost sound.

You're aware of his suppression deploy ability, right?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4896 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:36 AM

1 Why do I rename the factions and subfactions?

Just in the PREFACE of my paper, I said: “The first principle of my work is systematizing / co-ordinating / rationalizing.” and “The second purpose is to polish the words.”

I regulate and re-name the subfactions, so that all of their names are fairly two words and the second words begin with the same letter in the same faction (and with different letters in different factions):

Allied (the Allied Bloc): PA (Pacific Armies), NA (North America), EA (Euro Alliance);

Soviet (the Soviet Empire): HK (Havana Kingdom), RK (Russian Khanate), KK (Korea-Kashmir);

Epsilon (the Epsilon Domain): SC (Scorpion Cell), PC (Psi Corps), AC (Antarctic Castles);

Foehn (the Foehn Revolt): HH (Hai Head), CH (Coronian Hurricanes), LH (Last Home).

Compared with the old names:

LC, for example:

Don’t you think LC is easily mixed up with SC and PC?

HQ, another example:

α. “Epsilon Headquarters” overuses the faction’s name “Epsilon”.

β. A (sub)faction’s name should be unique, but 3.3.4 has too many “Headquarters”, like “Air Force Command Headquarters” (Allied), “Chinese Military Headquarters” (Soviet), etc.

γ. “Antarctic Castles” is in harmony with “Rahn's Snowy Castle” (a Fortress map).

δ. SC, PC and AC, what a beautiful rhythm.

By the way, we’d better use fictional names. Don’t forget why “Command and Conquer: Generals” was doomed in China.

My version is by far the best. However, If anyone comes up with a better set of names, I will adopt his/hers with delight.

2 Since you agree that HK, RK, KK, PC and AC can also have three kinds of jets as Allied, there’s no problem for SC to have 3 kinds + 1 epic.

3 Thanks for your fresh pair of eyes. I have invented a new sort of aircraft, Tora, for PA, but I don’t know whether Tora should be a pad airplane (jet) or a levitating aircraft. Your views help me.

4 @Handepsilon, you said: “An Epic-level jet unit makes even less sense.... let alone one for Scorpion Cell, whose modus operandi revolves around swarming opponents with lots of weak units.”

If so, “a Heroic-level infantry unit makes even less sense.... let alone one for Scorpion Cell, whose modus operandi revolves around swarming opponents with lots of weak units.”

Do you agree with youself now?

5 You said: “If you put in too many unit options and players end up not using all of them, that's an excess. An excess isn't always good.” -- That’s exactly why Epsilon should have jet superority (and AFHPC should be extremely cheap).

Both Epsilon’s Aerodome and Soviet’s AFHPC (Air Force Headquarters Party Committee) are not labs, i.e. not in their main tech trees, so players are likely to end up not using all of them, unless they are either the most powerful or the cheapest (given that the standard medium is already occupied by Allied).

For Epsilon:

It has the best anti-infantry (Dybbuk-E), the best anti-armor (Dybbuk-A), the best (or one of the best) siege  (Dybbuk-C), the best stolen tech (Dybbuk-S), and the only epic (Dybbuk-J), as well as two nice support powers, to allure players to construct Aerodome(s).

For Soviet:

The add-on, AFHPC, cost only $500. And Wallbuster is “The fastest, the cheapest, and the most accessible siege machine”, as the pilot says.

Do you understand now?

FYI:

Foehn

Cyberkernel is completely in all tech trees;

Allied

Airbase is in one of the main tech trees;

Soviet

AFH is in the main tech tree, but AFHPC is not;

Epsilon

Aerodome is completely not in the main tech tree.

6 You said: “Dybbuk aircrafts are kinda shit anyways compared to Harrier and Barracuda...”

Yes, 3.3.4 has obvious flaws in designing dybbuks. But the solution is definitely not to shit this or shit that.

@一家之主风见幽香 proposes their improvement plan.

I propose mine.

7 You said: “Aside from Toxic Strike”

My paper clearly says: “Because Toxic Mine Paradrop, Dybbuk-J, Double-headed Eagle and X Firebombing are introduced, Dybbuk-Striker (Toxic Strike) is cancelled”.

At least you didn’t go through Dybbuk-J’s relevant parts CALMLY.

Be cool. Serious discussions require serious reading and serious thinking.

8 As for Dybbuk-Crasher, you said: “If they're just small time kamikaze I'd personally just skip them altogether.”

8.1 What’s “SAMLL TIME kamikaze”?

8.2 You should look at the unit rather than if this or if that.

9 As for Dybbuk-Jobseeker, you said: “It ain't exactly too hard to detect an aircraft like this.”

When PvP, you may make a mistake just because you think you’re right. Sometimes your SC opponet doesn’t train Dybbuk-J at all. What he/she has built was the Fake Aerodome. While you waste your time and money on how to solve Dybbuk-J, your opponent has unexpectedly trained a strong army.

Dybbuk-J + Fake Aerodome perfectly suits SC’s “hidey and seeky characteristics”.

Any other plan won’t. And any other subfaction won’t suit a epic jet, either.

In fact, 8 epic units all have special connections with their subfactions (support powers, units, etc.) in my paper.

10 As for Malver, why not actually read what I’ve written about the hero, instead of assuming this or assuming that?

Edited by Zhang Jian, 10 June 2020 - 11:40 AM.

#4897 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

I mean... honestly I've already tried reading the paper.... twice, thrice. This is more like attempting to create Mental Omega 4.0, or like... a completely different mod altogether. The scale of changes that you propose just sounds unrealistic to do, especially with how you're trying to change the status quo of all the factions and subfactions.

I get the passion, but if you're going to reshuffle, rebalance and rename everything, might as well make a new mod for that.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4898 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:46 AM

Anyway, please tell me what is "small time kamikaze". I really have no idea. @Handepsilon

#4899 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:34 PM

Admittedly that was a very vague and unclear word so.... apologies for my part

I was referring to weak suicide units... or very specialized one. Diverbee and Bloatick (the current one, by the way) probably would be an example. The former is pretty expensive and only excels in getting rid of armors, while Bloaticks are pretty much something you'd either spawn using Bloatick Trap, or sneak up using drillers, especially considering they will wreck your own units as much as they wreck your enemies'. Jaguar driver would also count because their explosion really does jack shit, but they're just bonus spawns anyways.

Edited by Handepsilon, 10 June 2020 - 02:37 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4900 zugg48

zugg48
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:22 PM

- Make gap generator work against AI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users