Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#961 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

Yeah!

#962 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

this Challenge discussion should go to Campaign, Cooperative & Challenge Discussion no?

where is Eric when we need him? :(

#963 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

I want an urban combat challenge. A big city filled with garrisoned infantry supported by riot troopers, navy seals and siege cadres. The civilian buildings should have 10 times theirs original health and self-repair. To make it worse, make all garrisoned infantry be able to attack air units and have longer range.

It's not impossible to win but it will be very long, because you'll have to clear the buildings 1 by 1 instead of forcing your way through like usual. Also, make the AI build tons of Stormchildren to intercept your vehicles every once in a while.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#964 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

And call it Ironman Challenge?

Nah... Let's call it the Armageddon Challenge :p

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

#965 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

A challenge where you defend against an endless stream of Centurions filled with the best infantry, Irkallas and Paradox Engines, MADMEN, while bombarded by Boidmachines and Harbingers.

Also, it might be a good idea to keep the defenders on one corner of the map while placing the Mental Omega Device on the other end. ;)

Spoiler

#966 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

Does anyone want to talk about where the Air to Air combat feature for Jets have gone? I just rewatched one of the old ARES showcase and a Harrier fired its missiles at flying Nighthawks. I also remember that the StormChilds in 3.0 Campaign had a laser that could shoot at kirovs. So.... what happened? 0-0 Was air to air just not plausible in multiplayer or?

Edited by NorthFireZ, 09 March 2017 - 08:43 PM.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#967 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

It's not really reliable of a feature as long as there is no attack-move or guard function for landable jets.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#968 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:08 AM

Ok. Video coming soon. I have this challenge figured out already.

Godspeed! Believe it or not, I had the feeling you'd be the first one to respond. I'm really looking forward to this. Bonus points if you do it without massive amounts of starting cash.

Here you go

GG, but that surely wasn't with mental AI on.

This is not as much a suggestion for the game itself but a suggestion for the players. Try Regenbogen Challenge on hard w/ mental difficulty. I dare you.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#969 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

Make Hunter Seeker moves far faster but target-able, and technically can only be hit by pin-point attacks, such as Aeroblaze, Blizzard Tank, Irkalla's lasers, Shadray and the likes.

Any attacks that require time to connect (not instantaneous, using projectiles) will almost always miss.

Its health could be like the raven scout unit from epsilon, or China's Dragonfly.

#970 Destroyencio

Destroyencio

Black Snow

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Projects:Mapper for RA2 mods.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

Then that would make it unfair for factions that lack from that kind of anti air.

#971 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

And Epsilon would be really good against these drones thanks to gattling weaponry.

Edited by GuardianGI, 10 March 2017 - 02:26 PM.

Spoiler

#972 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Then that would make it unfair for factions that lack from that kind of anti air.

In other words, poor Europeans

EDIT : Actually nvm, I forgot Thors, but Allied will then have to go into the trouble if getting Tier 3 just to dampen Hunter Seeker.

Meanwhile the Seeker would be useless due to its' randomness

Edited by Handepsilon, 10 March 2017 - 02:32 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#973 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

It's not like Hunter Seeker can outright destroy huge amounts of buildings...

It's not about being unfair since its damage is not really that good to turn the table.

Not to mention you can't predict their target (unless maybe using Mind Reader) and since they will move really fast, you can't do a quick respond even if you have those instantaneous units.

And Epsilon would be really good against these drones thanks to gattling weaponry.

Their gatling would be do very little damage at first stage, unless they already spinning at max speed when the Seekers in range, the Seekers' speed should make it survive the bullets.

(Talking about 26~27 speed stat)

Edited by Bernadiroe, 10 March 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#974 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

In other words, poor Europeans

They have Thors.

#975 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, just realized lol

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#976 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

In my experience I don't think Hunter Seeker is really that deadly... At most they're just act as annoyance. (Unless you have 4 enemies all using 5 Hunter Seekers each)

And to upped their survivability, 26~27 speed is more than enough to counter player's quick respond and defense structures such as gatlings.

My idea of making them destroy-able is so that they can be negated somehow, just like how bloatick trap has purple smoke for 1 sec before they actually appear, which you can move your infantries away and negate that trap.

With Hunter Seeker you can't really avoid it since it cannot be destroyed by any means.

And even with making them destroy-able, they got a buff on their speed, preventing quick respond. So they still have their element of surprise.

#977 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

Can the Blasticade stop HS drones?
Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#978 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

No.

#979 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

It's not really reliable of a feature as long as there is no attack-move or guard function for landable jets.

While that is true, I do still think it should be a feature. Mainly because currently none of "fighters" can do any sort of damage to air targets. (Stormchild I'm looking at you.) I'm especially salty about this because I know the Ares engine is capable of doing such things. However, I don't have to technical know how to actually help make this feature a reality myself. 

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#980 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Wasn't AA for jets taken out because it made Norio useless? That was during the days of 3.0 though.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users