Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5129 replies to this topic

#1781 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

someone haven't seen robot tanks telefrag a centurion  :glare:

#1782 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:45 PM

• you SAY that harbingers are easy to shoot down. I dont find this the case for me, no matter how proper my colossi or thors are placed. not only that, but their huge strafes accompanied by their strong range+FIREPOWER is such a difficult thing to cope with.

Definitely not easy to shoot down. It is handy to have a bunch of engies and repair between shots.

#1783 FixenFrøjte

FixenFrøjte
  • Members
  • 86 posts
  •  surprisingly underwhelming

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

Anyone else feel like that Mental Omega is strangely similar to Code Geass?

Knightframes = Knightframes

Absolute order or Geass in general = Yuri's mind control shenanigans

C2 = Libra (they even have the long sleeves and everything. The capsule on the back of libra is strangely similar to the capsule C2 first pop out of in the first episode)

Two acts with a time skip = Two acts with a time skip

There's a couple more simlarities but I'm just glad there isn't a Nina anywhere in Mental Omega

fucking anime...

#1784 FixenFrøjte

FixenFrøjte
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

someone haven't seen robot tanks telefrag a centurion  :glare:

• Remove chronoshift telefraging.
  • Remove Robot Tanks.
  • Remove Chronosphere.
  • Remove Centurion
  • Remove Allies
  • Remove MO
  • Remove Westwood
  • EA already did that.
  • Bastards

Edited by FixenFrøjte, 21 August 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#1785 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:29 AM

• Remove chronoshift telefraging.
  • Remove Robot Tanks.
  • Remove Chronosphere.
  • Remove Centurion
  • Remove Allies
  • Remove MO
  • Remove Westwood

tenor.gif

Edited by Divine, 22 August 2017 - 12:34 AM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1786 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:37 AM

The hammer for Yunru has no starting cooldown. The delay you experience is because the EMP cooldown prevents the hammer from activating

Also, Yunru's voice is fine. I've heard some people complaining about Morales' voice being cringeworthy. It's a matter of taste. As to why he died and Yunru didn't... plot says so

I witnessed telefragging Centy during my fanmade Radiance challenge (where it blows in a Tactical Nuke Explosion at that time). Didn't see what was used but he's an Euro Alliance.

Edited by Handepsilon, 22 August 2017 - 01:40 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1787 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:08 AM

I mean a lot of voices are kind of out of place.

Yunru and Libras uguu∼ animeme voices makes no sense if you're a classic C&C fan. Dunerider sounds fabulously homosexual for some reason. The lancer voiceover is somewhat mumbled and forced compared to the Knightframe.

But for me, I got used to it after a while, and weirdly enough, the bizarre voices give the units a lot of personality.

#1788 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

That's one of the things that Ares won't change for sure, so we have to work around the limitations.

I presume you also can't change the visuals of said weaponry when assigned to a unit..?

I'm guessing this is the order when assigning a weapon to a unit/structures/infantries:

Weapon projectile image > weapon on-hit image > weapon sound > weapon is ready to be assigned > assigned to a unit/infantry/structure > add stats for the weapon

And the order can't be changed? (Like for example changing the weapon projectile image AFTER it has been assigned onto an object)

What I was thinking mostly adding more variety of visuals on the weapon projectiles, but if that part can't be changed (because of the limitations) I guess there's little to no point giving suggestions for new units... (since they will have one of the projectile image that I've seen)

Also a lil suggestion for the current ones: How about a continuous green laser instead of a flickering one for Teratorn?

#1789 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:01 AM

Every weapon visual equals one weapon type

Every weapon type equals one IFV type

So no, it's impossible.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1790 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:45 AM

few points ive missed:

• the fucking centurion wants to close the distance. WHY?? WHY DOES IT ALWAYS MOVE IN TO KISS THE ENEMY WHEN ORDERED TO ARTI?
  • is there a timer for yunru, when she is ordered to deploy her hammer? because every instance for me, she ends up dying, crying and trying - my patience, without ever getting a single hammer blast off.
  • is it copyright that is preventing MO to have the original RA2+YU music into the game? it might be a simple question, but still, i would love to play with original music INTO the game, rather than have it play in youtube minimized.
  • when infiltrating a allied support building (shield command fx.), is it EVERY support power a player has, that is reset? like, will my chronolift be reset even? which is from another building entirely.

1. Is there an infantry in Centurion? Yes? There is your answer. It will always try going into such range that will allow opentopped infantry to attack.

2. If you used EMP and immediately switch to hammer, you still need to wait until ROF reset. Same thing is after switching from Malver deloy into normal mode and trying to attack - no result.

3. No, MO ust likes it customized soundtracks. Ofc you can try adding your own tracks to the game but i cant recall how to do that.

4. No, only timers for support powers coming from that building is reset. So for Merc - Painter/Strike, etc.

Regarding the Harbinger point, i tend to play with factions that can shred air into pieces (Scorpion Cell).

#1791 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

DONTYOUGODISRESPECTINGANIME,HARBINGER,VOICEOVERS!!!!

#1792 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:37 AM

DONTYOUGODISRESPECTINGANIME,HARBINGER,VOICEOVERS!!!!

Folks, this is why spaces exist.

Or are you one who cannot into space? :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#1793 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

IT IS NOT SIMILAR TO CODE GEASS AT ALL, PLEASE KEEP THAT ANIME OUTTA COMPARISIONS, DO NOT RUIN IT.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#1794 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

Suggestions
1: Add MOre anime billboards (e.g. attack on Titan, drifters, my hero academia, one punch man, mob psycho 100, fairy tail, guran lagan, kill-la-kill, etc)

2: give the LC the dust devil (and give it's attack damage), give the Russians a Tesla plane, and give China a plane that drops/carpet bombs mini-nukes.

Edited by UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR, 22 August 2017 - 03:05 PM.

#1795 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:35 PM

Suggestions
1: Add MOre anime billboards (e.g. attack on Titan, drifters, my hero academia, one punch man, mob psycho 100, fairy tail, guran lagan, kill-la-kill, etc)

WEEEEEEEBS
b49.gif

#1796 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

Oh not similar to anime eh? How do you explain that 75% of this games's waifus are LOLIS? HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT BANK OF WANKS? CHECK MATE ATHEISTS!!!!!

No but seriously. The lines between the Allies and Soviets are being blurred (Britannia vs The federation of states). Foehn is pretty much the big bad army Lelouch had to defeat for world peace at the end of R2. They even have the MAD MAN, HARBRINGER, and BOID machine to stand in for FREJA warheads.

If one replaces Yuri's perspective with the main plot of Lelouch's rebellion, there a striking amount of similarities. Minus the romantic school subplots because Yuri probably gets all kinds of pus.

Now does this mean Mental Omega is basically a huge Code Geass crossover fan fiction? xd

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#1797 FixenFrøjte

FixenFrøjte
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

Suggestions

2: give the LC the dust devil (and give it's attack damage), give the Russians a Tesla plane, and give China a plane that drops/carpet bombs mini-nukes.

can we ban this dude? anime? alice c4?? WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE???

#1798 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

There is almost an anime for everything. Hence MO will be similar to anime. It is the pinnacle of Japan's freedom of speech, duh. (Unless it is for some blasphemy against the Emperor / Diet; for that you use America's freedom of speech, duh. Case in point: You get to 'kill' the Japanese Emperor in RA3) 

Technically, Rahn is < 1 year old (born in Act Two), and then we have had interesting things in the Fan Art thread. 

And if you are rejecting 'young women' in military service ( Yunru is 19 in 1984 / Act Two, Libra is... uh... < 1 years old? :p ), you tell me how you want the next female unit to be admitted into service. I do not know of any voice actors who w©ould do an elderly woman's voice.

P.S - We already have a reference to Attack on Titans. 

Edited by lovalmidas, 22 August 2017 - 04:46 PM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#1799 Dawbra

Dawbra
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

Ok so i ruin some anime fans here and go more X Files ways!

Yuri and Libra is Mk Ultra product they was kidnapped from homes like it was common in usa in old days.
So they don't have/known their family, and that explain how they get powers.
I guess Yuri was a big brother to Libra he make a plan how to run out of some weirdo shit horror Illuminati laboratory.
He save Libra, she was the good one of their two and still have feelings like normal people before labs guys put her mind almost to a state of melted.
So Yuri build stabilizer on her mind and send her to the moon to make her safe.
I guess when Yuri and Libra was on the run or they don't even run out of the laboratory because they meet Kane himself.
He gives a Plan how to Dominate whole World and give a Technology to make it happen.
When Kane can use time machine to travel to other dimension known from Tiberium Series.
So if all goes how they plan they will dominate not one world but two and they will share technology to gain other planets and worlds by time travel.
As we can notices when the plans go in motion and Yuri start losing he wont stop and re thing his position, just make the plan faster - he rushing himself to achieve his goals blindly.
Thats explain that Yuri is not the Master Mind Super Intelligent Villian he is just the tool and we don't meet real enemy yet!

Oh and last thing YURI + NOD +Stolen SCRIN tech = Raptoir its the answer to showing up the Fohen power!
(all for the balance! :DDD)

Edited by Dawbra, 22 August 2017 - 06:42 PM.

#1800 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

Guys, before we go full ham on anime here, please remember the topic for this channel is:

Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users