Photo

MO 3.3 // Game Bugs

• Please log in to reply
1272 replies to this topic

#61 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:33 PM

In oil control mode, AI built Ore Refineries. I played against 4 Easy AI for testing, a Russian, a Haihead, a Euro Alliance, and a Scorpion Cell, without Mental AI Boost. The Russian AI worked properly, built no Refinery, and captured plenty of Oil Derricts, the EA built Refineries but also captured some derricts, while the Haihead and Scorpion cell AI built refineries, and did not capture any derricts. Can't reproduce.

Edited by Speeder, 22 January 2017 - 03:48 AM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#62 BicycleRepairman

BicycleRepairman
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  Foehn Engineer

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

Old (RA1) structures look very nice, but are not functional at all. I can't train infantry from barracks, or build vehicles from WF. (Haven't tested CY, helipad, service depot or refinery yet.) I can't also sell such a structure. Weirdly enough, I can select it as primary. I should get faction's construction options, or even some alternative construction options (rifle infantry, ranger, light tank etc.) like the Twisted Dawn mode in TI?

Tested on Allied co-op Mad Monster (a really nice remake of Monster Tank Madness, TBH) and Memory Dealer.

BTW. Is there any point in marking the old refineries and (advanced) powerplants as Allied or Soviet? There was no distinction in RA1. On the other hand of Nod, the war factories, helipads and conyards looked the same but were in fact different. If you wanted the enemy faction's structures, vehicles or choppers, then you had to capture the appropriate structures, and you needed both Soviet CY and WF to build a Tesla coil :D.

Oh, and I can start a co-op with an AI teammate, as long as I go online for that. Usually it can't handle itself and fails the mission :D.

Edited by BicycleRepairman, 26 December 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#63 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:25 PM

Quetzals can't attack when floating above bridges, and have big troubles with it when float above water.

Also, they don't get veterancy.

I think that's not fixable. Like how carriers never get veterancy because it's the drones that commit the attack and not the main vehicle.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#64 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

In the mission Unshakable the player can build both Borillos and Armadillos if captured the warfactory near the Stabilizer. I guess only Armadillos have to be buildable.

P.S. Should I report such things here, or in Campaign discussion thread?

#65 RedFox34

RedFox34
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:46 PM

At Tech Level 8 the Last Bastion has Nanocharge support ability but can't build Mastodons or Leviathans, so the power won't do anything.

#66 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

On Fortress map "Diamond is unbreakable" the defending player starts with low power (3200 vs 3400), thus builds up slower, and his defences don't work in the beginning. Is it intended, or it is a side effect of power consumption of Inhibitors and detection towers being changed during internal builds? yes-tick.png

Edited by Speeder, 22 January 2017 - 04:08 AM.

#67 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:57 PM

I managed to pinpoint the causes of the Libra glitch I mentioned earlier.yes-tick.png

Contrary to what I though first, the glitch has nothing to do with bridges. it happens both to Libra and her clones if they pick up a speed boost crate (and possibly they have to be elite too, they were also floating above water, but I don't think that matters). After that, if they move straight to the right, they almost immediately glitch out. They don't do that if they move in any other direction, only straight to the right. What happens then is that they are stuck between two frames of their animation, in one they are facing to the right, in the other to the left, ad infinitum, and they are unable to move. On one occasion they could shoot the enemy tho. Libra's gravity field attack doesn't  work either. I managed to break the glitch by using the Magnetic Beam on them, which normaly immobilises them, but after that, the glitch immediately occured again if I moved them to the right.

I don't recall this glitch happening back in 3.0. I suspect that there's either a bug in the infantry sequence of the Libra SHP, or the game simply can't handle a ground infantry being so fast, after they get a boost from the crate, and being elite. The later would explain why the magnetic beam can un-glitch them, as it reduces their speed to a crawl, but not why the glitch happens only when the Libras move to the right.

Edited by Speeder, 22 January 2017 - 04:16 AM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#68 hxazgalor

hxazgalor

Rear Admiral, 17th Imperial Fleet

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Projects:MO Wikia, Fan Fiction Works on AO3, Tiberium Cruentus
  •  Writer/Thinker/Gamer

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:16 AM

Not sure if anyone's encountered this, but sometimes Megalodons have a tendency to bug out while moving and with the Megaarena deployed. yes-tick.png They might move in any direction and suddenly freeze in place while spinning around madly. They can still attack, but they look like drunken fellas trying to swing a bottle at someone. And they refuse to budge. Selling the Megaarena projector, however, stops the bug. Rather annoying, if you ask me.

I Write Stuff. Sorta.

AO3: https://archiveofour...vericklaw/works

#69 Wargame-dono

Wargame-dono
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:01 AM

we said about that issue too

#70 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:20 AM

Anyone encountered visual glitches like the AFHQ ones?

#71 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:52 AM

The thing about planes being "behind" the landing pad? Yes, it's very common and noticeable.

#72 Nicholas Chau

Nicholas Chau
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

guys i have a question:

normally dreadnoughts when elite they should have mini nukes for missiles back in 3.0 and vanilla ra2 along with yr, but when i got them to elite they are not firing nukes at all. Is this intentional or a bug? Can't reproduce.

#73 hxazgalor

hxazgalor

Rear Admiral, 17th Imperial Fleet

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Projects:MO Wikia, Fan Fiction Works on AO3, Tiberium Cruentus
  •  Writer/Thinker/Gamer

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

we said about that issue too

Darn, I should have checked, sorry. Thanks for letting me know :)

I Write Stuff. Sorta.

AO3: https://archiveofour...vericklaw/works

#74 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:03 PM

Anyone encountered visual glitches like the AFHQ ones?

Well this is unlike the AFHQ, but it's still visual glitch

20kpttg.jpg

Operation : Happy Birthday

Before you say anything, no. Scrolling around doesn't remove it

Edited by Speeder, 22 January 2017 - 04:24 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#75 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:15 PM

Minermites can be loaded into infantry transports (like Jackals), is it a bug or a strange feature? At the same time, 'banes can't.

#76 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:25 PM

Minermites can be loaded into infantry transports (like Jackals), is it a bug or a strange feature? At the same time, 'banes can't.

Syckle too.

#77 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

lol, that's a whole new life for borillo rushes.. holy shift, can it fire out of Centurion?

#78 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

Thats because their size is 2 (just like Terror drone which also can be transported by infantry transports). And no, they cannot fire from vechicles. Meanwhile, Giants/Godsbane size is 3, making them unable to enter infantry transports.

#79 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:40 PM

lol, that's a whole new life for borillo rushes.. holy shift, can it fire out of Centurion?

yes, he can(tested).yes-tick.png and I just found about tsurugi doesn't immune to radiation anymore. :( hopefully It's just a bug.yes-tick.png

edit: Why Nuwa, Syckle and Yunru can get attack directly by RAD canon weapons? all other units that can immune to radiation doesn't encountered this problem.

edit2: Yunru didn't get damaged by that but still can get attack.

I found a bug again. whatever units that get repairing by Foehn shipyard, their model will be displays on top of the building. I think it can be fix by make an repairing animation overlays on the building.

edit: if you need an image for it, http://imgur.com/0Ygxiur sorry for that color. This is trivial.

Edited by Speeder, 22 January 2017 - 04:35 AM.

#80 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:04 PM

Units siezed by the Dybbuk-S can be mind controlled by other units, overriding the Dybbuk's mind control. For example the original owner of the unit can use adepts to return the captured unit to their control.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users