Custom map thread.

• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

#241 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

I will try. As theese two are crutial for the easter egg to player assistance, and another, to... lets say, "alternate ending". Ill say how is maint to be unlocked, but keep in mind, if youre not prepared to this, youll suffer. Heres the way - by idea, dont destroy central middle shaft, destroy some buildings (ill specify later), and all cave vents. This will trigger the beggining.

#242 NovaPlat

NovaPlat
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:09 AM

Okay.. I've been watching your chats and was trying to figure out how to make MO maps with the current FA2. Now that I know how to add reinforcements and constructions that features MO assets, but how do I put some preplaced MO units on the map? I see neither wanted units nor placeholders nor waypoints for the Gehenna Platforms at that location when I open up the Concentration Challenge custom map, so I think there's got to be an easier way than using triggers and waypoints.

Btw, the more important question, say I want to make another version of a certain unit that looks the same but has different stats, like another Zephyr Artillery in addition to the regular version, that is equipped with not regular weapons but Collider Weaponries (like the one used by Harbinger). I thought I can declare this new unit and its corresponding warheads and projectiles in the .map file directly and use its ID in the game to give AI some tricks, like this: https://imgur.com/NzQyEh3

(This is not all of the code, but you got the idea)

However when I boot the game these newly declared units never actually show up in Mental Omega. Any solutions? 

Edited by NovaPlat, 08 October 2017 - 04:14 AM.

#243 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:53 AM

I tried using Trigger Type 1 (which causes the trigger to fire when all of them fulfilled the event requirement) but it doesn't seem to be able to have a Change House trigger attached in conjunction to it.

You can also use TechType does not Exist if the player can't build said buildings

Yep, that works fine for me. Time to finish this. And also... a little balance question: should i extend the "calm time" before enemy attack? For now, first heavy trooper reinforcments come after 50 seconds from the start. And they pretty much... wreck you. But because im not so professional, thats maybe the reason. Or i need to prolong the  reinfocments to give players time to prepare.

Edited by John Carver, 08 October 2017 - 06:55 AM.

#244 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:10 AM

@NovaPlat

did you also add these in the code?

[VehicleTypes]
999=HOWICOL

[WeaponTypes]
999=HowitzerCol

[Projectiles]
999=HowitzerColProj

NOTE : Number does not need to be exactly the same, but high enough that it doesn't override preexisting definition

@John Carver

Do note that ingame seconds are actually faster in real life

Edited by Handepsilon, 08 October 2017 - 07:14 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#245 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

@NovaPlat

[VehicleTypes]
999=HOWICOL

[WeaponTypes]
999=HowitzerCol

[Projectiles]
999=HowitzerColProj

NOTE : Number does not need to be exactly the same, but high enough that it doesn't override preexisting definition

@John Carver

Do note that ingame seconds are actually faster in real life

Ill make a 5 min timer :D

Im feeling like im playing doom in MO... JUST RIP AND TEAR.

Also, apperently, i need to redo some paths for some units. They dont go into the base.

#246 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

For now, this challenge is too brutal with reinfocments. Even for Foehn.

Edited by John Carver, 08 October 2017 - 07:19 AM.

#247 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

@NovaPlat  In case you still haven't figured it out, the method is simple. Just place a few units and save the map. Open the map with text editor, and in [Units] section just replace their ID's with the ones you need, save the map.

444.jpg

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#248 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

Im still trying to fix the bug related to continious respawn of units, thru tunnels was destroyed. I mean, even after the trigger destroyeng teams (yet i think that if no team is "existing" they cannot be spawned, so i conserved time and trigger amount on that) has worked, they still spawn.
Allthru, ive finishing the final tests of last things, making a 5 min timer, and etc. The assistance easter egg finished, so, the 2 things left. And 1 fix.

#249 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

Also, to improve one easter egg... well, how to set "destroy minimun of 5 X objects to activate"? For now its just vents

Edited by John Carver, 08 October 2017 - 10:28 AM.

#250 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

For the first one, make a trigger that disables the spawn triggers when condition is met. For the second one, I have an idea but i'll have to test it first.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#251 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

For the first one, make a trigger that disables the spawn triggers when condition is met. For the second one, I have an idea but i'll have to test it first.

I have 2 structures - 1 type is initial "reinforcment" (1>2>3>4>5), one follows another, and "spawn" wich spawns groups of apocs, nuwas and other heavy faction tanks (timer 1>timer2=spawn1>spawn2). Then i have 3 triggers attached to mineshafts, wich, upon destruction, suppose to disable them. Left disables left groups without disabling the batch coming from all shafts. Why ive done this - well... you want to be swarmed by nuwas, armadillos, apocs and catastrophys and other tanks at once, or get attacked by one type wich comes in interwal after previous came? Or destroy the shaft one, and long wait till another spawns?

I easily disabled centuions, but not theese.

For second idea - ill probably wait for it meanwhile preparing curtain disabling. Do you know any... tech buildings, wich can be simmular to command structure, wich can be infiltrated (it will be neutral, wich allow me to attach tag to it), or captured.
As i had an idea of capturing both commands and hold them until time expires to disable curtain. But thats most likely will not work.

Edited by John Carver, 08 October 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#252 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

Destroy team only destroys an existing team ingame, but it won't stop the game from spawning additional one of the same kind. You need to disable the spawn trigger (Action number 54) to do so.

As for the rest, I still can't figure out what you were trying to say, sorry :D

Edited by Handepsilon, 08 October 2017 - 11:16 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#253 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Destroy team only destroys an existing team ingame, but it won't stop the game from spawning additional one of the same kind. You need to disable the spawn trigger (Action number 54) to do so.

As for the rest, I still can't figure out what you were trying to say, sorry :D

...darn cx

ill be back soon after i rewrite some triggers. And balance time, so youll be not so brutalized at some point by 20 armadillos and 12 apocs total. xD
(Unless you are epsilon...)

#254 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

Also, to improve one easter egg... well, how to set "destroy minimun of 5 X objects to activate"? For now its just vents

Maybe there's a direct way to do it, but here's a roundabout way:

1) Make a taskforce nad a team (pick a unit that won't be present in your map and can't be built)

2) For every shaft make a trigger with 80 Reinforcement (team) [at waypoint]... that will fire upon it's destruction. Place the spawn waypoints somewhere inaccessible. 

3) Trigger with event#60  TechType Exists, set the number to 5 and Techtype to the one that you picked in step 1.

So basically for every shaft you destroy, 1 unit will spawn,  and once there are 5 of them, the trigger activates.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#255 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:32 PM

Theres will be 10-19 additional triggers x3

Because previously i made custom routes to avoid units stuck and going in straight line, resulting easy exploitation.

A lot of work, so release will be a bit late
but await it today/tomorrow.

Edited by John Carver, 08 October 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#256 NovaPlat

NovaPlat
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

@NovaPlat

[VehicleTypes]
999=HOWICOL

[WeaponTypes]
999=HowitzerCol

[Projectiles]
999=HowitzerColProj

Thanks! I added these lines and with some other bug fixes (adding Image= and ROT/TurretROT=) now I have a fully operational "Zephyr Collider". The only minor glitch though is that it doesn't have a name... No name shows up when I move the mouse above it while others do. 

@NovaPlat  In case you still haven't figured it out, the method is simple. Just place a few units and save the map. Open the map with text editor, and in [Units] section just replace their ID's with the ones you need, save the map.

attachicon.gif444.jpg

That works for me. I thought about it not showing up in the map editor but it seems to work fine in game. 

#257 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

Doing final steps. Meanwhile, any ideas how to end a match totally? Exept automated sellout, as it will take long wait till happen. As im afraid not all players will be able to see some buildings. Easter egg variant will do this "insta win" variant (well, not totally insta, but quicker), but i need a trigger idea for ending this variant of game, without destroying all vetilators. Maybe, if none conyards, war factories are present. Or... i dont know. Somehow i trought about a way of destroying it. For example killing offscreen building with fuel tank next to it. I need to just ping it somehow.

Edited by John Carver, 08 October 2017 - 04:49 PM.

#258 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

Nevermind. Thats hammers anyway, even is visually they are hard to see somehow, their attacks will reveal themselfs. Just thinkking how to end this faster, without "intoxicated co-op"-like task, where you need to kill ALL enemies. Does coal power plants count as legit power plant wich you need to destroy?

Edited by John Carver, 08 October 2017 - 04:57 PM.

#259 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

I just tried capturing  a Coal power plant and selling my stuff, and it was a game over, so no, they don't count.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#260 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

Then there should not be a problem. I dont need to forget to disable certain stuff... and then, decude about AI and curtains diversion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users