Custom map thread.

• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

#261 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

Ill tell what you dont fight: current variant. Imagine fighting hordes of terminators. Ill try to reduce the cyborg amount, and decrease the health of heavy troops from 175 to 100. Is that lore logical? Because in campaign they have 175 health. Maybe i can say thats first attempt on mass production, so, they are less tanky. Also i gave them an grenade launcher... basically crazy ivan IFV.

Also i give players 3 more minutes to ready up, since 5 apperently not enough. Duh. .-.
For now its just an overkill. I can MAYBE give this version to limited users, so thell try it.

Edited by John Carver, 08 October 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#262 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

@NovaPlat  In case you still haven't figured it out, the method is simple. Just place a few units and save the map. Open the map with text editor, and in [Units] section just replace their ID's with the ones you need, save the map.
attachicon.gif444.jpg

Was that Atom? can it par ini files correctly? My simple notepad++ got quite some lag here..

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#263 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

I'm using Sublime Text.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#264 NovaPlat

NovaPlat
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:08 AM

I'm still working on my "Zephyr Collider" new unit Mostly it works fine, but with one problem. I can't seem to set its name to anything. I noticed a tag UIName=Name:HOWI https://imgur.com/owCFVXU which seems to set the name of the unit. If I have this tag included in my unit declaration then this new unit WILL be buildable by Pacific Front in standard game, which is obviously NOT supposed to happen https://imgur.com/Jnykk4m (Incase you wonder, the left one is the standard Zephyr, and the right one is the "Collider")

I tried to set the TechLevel=11 and other numbers, and adding some weird Prerequisite= tags, and even changed it into "UIName=Name:HOWICOL" (and made a corresponding .csf file), but none of them stopped this unit from being buildable. However, if I remove the UIName= tag then it goes away, the only thing is that it doesn't have a name. 

Also when I open up the .map in text editor and do some trick, these editions seem to be scrambled if I open the map in the map editor and do some changes. In other words, if I do things in the following order:

1. Open the .map in text editor and add the INI settings, save it

2. Open the file in map editor and do some changes, save it

3. Open the file again in text editor, and I can see the INI settings I added earlier are scrambled, and it seems to affect what shows up when I boot up Mental Omega. 

Is this normal? I'm thinking if it is then I will finish the map with all scripting/waypointing/triggering in map editor and then add all INI settings/changing building codes by text editor, then I'll not open the map again in final alert. 

Edited by NovaPlat, 09 October 2017 - 12:10 AM.

#265 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

Try to set Owner=None and Prerequisite=None.

Name= is what will show up in editor while UIName= is what will show up in game. For unit naming, I recommend using NOSTR:(insert name here) instead of csf in conjunction to this little enhancement from Ares (http://ares-develope...ml#nostr-prefix)

As for ini settings, which part that gets scrambled? It normally shouldn't have happened to unit/building settings.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#266 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:51 AM

OKAY... now you have 16 minutes before the start, and 9 before reinforments. Also you have "trophy" grumbles as AA (4 total), and thats even normal, because without that restrictions, youll suffer in first 5 minutes.

#267 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

I think ive balanced it enough. Still, if you cannot beat in future - ask me to increase the time to 20 mins. Now i need to ensure that all scripts are working.

#268 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

A little question. How much infiltrations are needed? I mean, for disabling left shaft iron curtain you need to infiltrate 3 soviet field borreau (neutral ones), destruction will not do this. But why im i asking this - isnt this task too complex? Infiltrate a complex with some terror drone guards, scattered by 3 sides of map (not the deepest, thru). With second - infiltrate and destroy, and next are... maybe cap and hold? As i dont know if this work - no such trigger.

Also, im not sure how to test it, but in theory, i attached the trigger to all 3 buildings (wich 3 events say "spied upon"), and put a command to disable the iron curtain trigger on shaft L. Or i needed to do the else, with the same principe as "number of buildings destroyed"?

Edited by John Carver, 09 October 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#269 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

Keep in mind that AIs will also build dogs/terror drones, so sometimes it may be quite troublesome to sneak in.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#270 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:13 AM

Keep in mind that AIs will also build dogs/terror drones, so sometimes it may be quite troublesome to sneak in.

Unless shadow ring...

Ill decrease boreau`s to 2, and place them in separate places of map. Maybe thell serve as "guiders" to ways how to disable curtains. I still thinking how to do this more... aestetic.

#271 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:17 AM

And other thing - should i create and place "jammer trucks"? Basically, Foehn`s inhibitors. Or this was developed only by later Foehn, rather than other soviet factions? I dont want to mess up lore.

#272 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

With the current amount of information about Foehn, I think we could only guess. So  I'd say it's probably one of later Foehn's tech.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#273 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:31 AM

Feel free to add my disclaimer from Stringtable14.csf :shiftee:

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#274 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Well, It's not like lore inconsistency is such a big deal for Challenges. Since you are using Mastodons and Gharials  (right?), I think Raccoons wouldn't really feel out of place, but that's for you to decide.

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 09 October 2017 - 09:50 AM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#275 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

Hmmmm. Infiltrations doesnt seems to work. Either i attach infiltrate tag, or team changer. Not more that one at time.

Edited by John Carver, 09 October 2017 - 10:32 AM.

#276 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:31 AM

Well, It's not like lore inconsistency is such a big deal for Challenges. Since you are using Mastodons and Gharials  (right?), I think Raccoons wouldn't really feel out of place, but that's for you to decide.

Theese ones from campaign. You see them in hearthwork (?) and tread of dread.

#277 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

So its seems that shafts will be... always invincible. Almost, as somehow you still can deal damage in the intervals.

Edited by John Carver, 09 October 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#278 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

Or... to alternate iron curtain - make shaft have... around 30000 health, so single superweapon strike wont insta-destroy that. Thats more legit than making croutches to disable curtain. x)
Theres already enough cx

Edited by John Carver, 09 October 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#279 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

This taking longer that expected. Due to one little bug i trying to quickly fix with script. Just await.

#280 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

Found the problem that crashed the game. Ill try to redo that part of triggers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users