626 replies to this topic

#361 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

Fixed.

Also, Doomsday have good thought behind it. Still, thru, thats not a replica of Ballistic, tho... as some people can assume.

I think I destroyed everything,but I can't win.2 of 3 AIs gave up, but the 3rd one just refuses to surrender. The only thing left is unreachable Oil Derrick,but it shouldn't count,right?

jzd6qx.jpg

I guess mass-producing heroes is intended feature? All these Cloning Vats can be easily destroyed by Kirovs or any other T3 anti-structure aircraft.

EDIT: Destroyed it,still nothing. Reinforcement trigger kept firing (music and radar event),but no units spawned.

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 11 November 2017 - 12:54 PM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#362 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:04 PM

Hm... know how to fix it, maybe? And yeah, hero spam is intended.

UPD: Nevermind. Found the issue.

Edited by John Carver, 11 November 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#363 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:12 PM

pIqcfuiahioZM10PbmfKnC4g72IYe69aTBGPRSLH

this is one of the most recent maps I have been working on, it's massive. it's weird. and it's expansive.

my problem with it currently is the middle of the map, I think I redid that part alone about 7 times and I could never be happy about it, I would really appreciate feedback and suggestions for this one as I'm completely running out of ideas and I have not achieved any progress at all with it for the past week.

other than that the map is nearly finished. the hardest parts are done what I need to do after finishing the middle is :
1-Lighting : I still am not sure what time of the day I want the map to be, I'm leaning towards dusk but I'm still learning as to how I can get the lighting to look exactly like I want to.
2- LATing : placing grass/sand/rocks etc, shouldn't be that big of a deal and I would say that's 75% done.
3- Placing trees (this may take forever with the size of the map but I got this far so I may as well decorate it properly).

#364 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

Id like to see the steinstech hanger on a skirmish map. Could you add that the the center of the map, with some other related buildings? (Only if you want to tho)

#365 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:59 PM

wouldn't really make sense to be in the middle of the desert :p

#366 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:12 PM

How about a small USA air field. The us have bases in the desert.
Or those research domes from the allied mission Ghost Hunt.
Or how about some scorpion cell stuff from the campaign (those weird neurotoxin vat things, or rashadis palace (cant spell))
Just suggestions.

Edited by UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR, 12 November 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#367 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

How about a small USA air field. The us have bases in the desert.
Or those research domes from the allied mission Ghost Hunt.
Or how about some scorpion cell stuff from the campaign (those weird neurotoxin vat things, or rashadis palace (cant spell))
Just suggestions.

Great ideas there! The American military does have bases being put up in the desert so could work well. (Although I wonder if we could possibly get a base like Area 51 where we gain access to aliens or giant ants?)  :twisted:

#368 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

Since it's apparently a 3v3 map, I'd suggest something which can effectively block a tower rush. From radiation and minefields to cliffs and neutral units

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#369 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:44 AM

Does anyone have a copy of the "aegis impervious" map with not buildings, just the terrain?

#370 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

if you can find the map you can open it with the editor (yes even vanilla editor works) and do : Edit -> copy whole map -> paste on a new map.

NOTE : that the map you copy it on has to have the same exact size in both height and width.

Edited by StolenTech, 14 November 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#371 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

Ive made some fixes to Mechanized. Still, waiting for feedback, as i dont know if it became better and not too easy. And i think i post too much.

Attached Files

#372 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:47 PM

So, in attempt to create a second mission, i was trying to recreate RA1 soviet building with MCV, aka - allowing you to build old structures. The problem is: i cannot do this without interferring with rulesMO and artMO, and buildings are... dont making their respectful functions, for example their size, or full functions. Still, iv`e only managed to replace models on barracks and add this new version to Test skirmish map (integrated new propereties). Altrough, they are, in fact, working visually.

So, i think i need to search for another idea for 2-nd mission, as, by text abowe, youre had to capture old soviet MCV/Conyard, as "every tech will do", and aquire old tech/buidings to build, with the exact same tech tree as original Soviet RA1. Have some replacement ideas? (Btw, i know i need to to that myself, but i need thoughts...)

Edited by John Carver, 16 November 2017 - 06:47 PM.

#373 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

So, in attempt to create a second mission, i was trying to recreate RA1 soviet building with MCV, aka - allowing you to build old structures. The problem is: i cannot do this without interferring with rulesMO and artMO, and buildings are... dont making their respectful functions, for example their size, or full functions. Still, iv`e only managed to replace models on barracks and add this new version to Test skirmish map (integrated new propereties). Altrough, they are, in fact, working visually.

So, i think i need to search for another idea for 2-nd mission, as, by text abowe, youre had to capture old soviet MCV/Conyard, as "every tech will do", and aquire old tech/buidings to build, with the exact same tech tree as original Soviet RA1. Have some replacement ideas? (Btw, i know i need to to that myself, but i need thoughts...)

Dude! This should totally become a thing! Now if only someone would be willing to make the RA1 buildings functional, then perhaps we could have more things to play around with. Imagine if we could have Mi-24 Hinds (using only their chainguns of course to be consistent with lore) and Medium Tanks and what not. xD Now that would be super duper awesome! 

#374 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

I have an idea for a map: This one is called "Vertigo". I always wondered what happened to the units warped away by chrono-weapons like that of the legionnaires, charon tanks and chrono prisons. So this map is basically focuses on the environment that basically these units warped into. It has very weird and distorted environment that is independent from time flow. Basically it takes place in void. However I dont have any further ideas to make it sound more attractive and I am open to suggestions if anyone is interested in this idea..

#375 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:04 PM

I have an idea for a map: This one is called "Vertigo". I always wondered what happened to the units warped away by chrono-weapons like that of the legionnaires, charon tanks and chrono prisons. So this map is basically focuses on the environment that basically these units warped into. It has very weird and distorted environment that is independent from time flow. Basically it takes place in void. However I dont have any further ideas to make it sound more attractive and I am open to suggestions if anyone is interested in this idea..

Hmm, sounds interesting.
Maybe it could have that event from the first missions in yuris revenge, when the time machine is activated.

#376 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

Thanks,
Another possibility for that kind of map is that a "wasteland like" area that is pretty much like the Tiberian Sun experiment or Diablo, perhaps.. there is simply pitch black void instead of seas and ships scattered on sand dunes etc..

And my possible lore is like: After Allies began to realize that Paradox engine is going to fail to stop Mental Omega device from being activated, Allied Research Group, led by Siegfried, started a backup project called "Vertigo" that is, basically to re-start the time machine project boosted with his own Chrono research. Instead of travelling in time in our own dimension, Vertigo engine enables allied forces to jump between dimensions + in time too and to gain time, troops and power to hit back. Chrono Prison is the first "modest" product of such research, and if Siegfried succeeds, he could abduct thousands of enemy troops in seconds by using larger portals.

So basically what shall player would do in this mission:
Think of just like at the beginning of Vanilla YR, you either have to gain power to activate the portal or have protect it from enemy attacks, and when the attacks are thwarted or enough power is generated, player changes dimensions and wakes up in a completely different environment, you have Siegfired's top secret research base there, and several chrono prisons, your objective is to abduct a number of enemy troops to send them back to our dimension via the portal, you are frequently attacked by already chronoshifted Epsilon and Soviet Forces, if you lose chrono prisons or the portal, mission fails..

A bit whimsical..

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 21 November 2017 - 09:49 PM.

#377 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:52 AM

Use Lunar tileset and we might be onto something

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#378 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:41 AM

Well theres that space water stuff in that tiny 4 player map on modDB

#379 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

Actually, I believe that I would cover the whole map with moon surface with sand dune effects and a reddish shadow (like the one in Dance of Blood) to make it look like a Mars-ish place. As I know so far there is no unit available that can navigate through that space water. So that kind of large places (in place of seas) would definitely limit the freedom of movement of player. However, the "smaller" space water effects like ponds scattered around the map might be used to make the place look like it is falling apart.
I will definitely give it a go when the map editor is released!

Though, if standard ships can make use of space water tileset would be interesting too. However in such case the map may look like a Doctor Who episode.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 22 November 2017 - 03:16 PM.

#380 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Iv`e actually have that kind of a map. I found it while searching thru my game directory. It can work well. Its like 7-10 years old, or more.

Edited by John Carver, 22 November 2017 - 06:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users