Custom map thread.

• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

#441 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

Updated my mission pack with 6-th map, called "Metalized Blood"! Along with adding more details to instruction, just a technical info which will help you install and play map properely.

https://drive.google...nzRV-bGp4iP8bru

I cannot upload anything to Revora, so, unfortinetly, theres no screenshot of the previev.

#442 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:55 AM

In the process of making mission 7. It will be a LOOONG task i suppose... altrough you might like it.

Some music for inspiration/motivation.

#443 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

Thanks to ZERO (!) feedback, thank you very much, i didnt noticed certain balance problems in the missions. I dont even know how to change the mission in the way in which it gets more pleasent.

Sure, you can try, maybe its just me being too nooby even for my missions, but at least you could have given the feedback, on what to change and fix.

Anyways... the painful process of fixing the stuff for missions below 5-th is ahead. So expect some changes to mission pack.

#444 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

Slightly updated missions.

https://drive.google...rRqUEl7l94lQe0l

*Select to be able to read*

CHANGELOG: Numerous bugfixes to all missions exept mission 3. (will be done much later, possibly along with other bugfixes) Some changes to the maps, minor ones. Hopefully fixed ending issue with mission "Left for Dead". Minorly changed stringtable text.

Edited by John Carver, 18 June 2018 - 08:30 PM.

#445 ComradeFrana

ComradeFrana
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Projects:Stayin' alive
  •  Comrade

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:20 PM

I've made a relatively small fan mission. It's called Overcast and takes place near Nizhny Novgorod around the same time as Memory Dealer or Divergence. You play as PsiCorps and your objective is to destroy 3 Nuclear Missile Silos which the remains of the Russian army are planing to use in a counterattack against Yuri's forces in Moscow. Gameplay-wise it's a fairly non-linear commando mission with your strikes force consisting of Invaders, Duneriders, Archers, Brutes and Initiates. There's also a bit of a gimmick, which I hope will be understandable well enough.

roNvDUP.jpg?1

More screenshots here: https://photos.app.g...q1kC84GbDBpWpb8

Replaces Noise Severe in game.

Attached File  overcast.zip   109.21KB   95 downloads

#446 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:41 AM

I've made a relatively small fan mission. It's called Overcast and takes place near Nizhny Novgorod around the same time as Memory Dealer or Divergence. You play as PsiCorps and your objective is to destroy 3 Nuclear Missile Silos which the remains of the Russian army are planing to use in a counterattack against Yuri's forces in Moscow. Gameplay-wise it's a fairly non-linear commando mission with your strikes force consisting of Invaders, Duneriders, Archers, Brutes and Initiates. There's also a bit of a gimmick, which I hope will be understandable well enough.

nice mission, really simple and easy to figure out once you scout enough times with ravens.  :p

Spoiler

Edited by StolenTech, 26 June 2018 - 06:50 AM.

#447 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:39 AM

Updated mission 1 in the pack. Work on mission 7 is still in the process.
https://drive.google...fbuwcHJk2ToXCdP

Edited by John Carver, 30 June 2018 - 07:40 AM.

#448 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:52 PM

When saving a map, within the map editor, I get this notification: "This map will need Mental Omega 3.3.X to be played. Save the map in Maps/Custom and change its extension to *.map"

- How does one get Mental Omega 3.3.X? - Is it available to the public, such as myself? 

- Changing the extension just means replacing the '.yrm' part with a '.map' - Right?

Edit: Will I have to upload my maps somewhere, in order to play it with a friend? or, will it be like it was previously, where it just transfers to the other guy without me needed to manually upload it somewhere?

I'm somewhat new to this.

Edited by BlackAbsence, 26 July 2018 - 07:58 PM.

Infinitive absence.

#449 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

1) I guess the X is just a placeholder. Like, now the game is version 3.3.3, then it will be 3.3.4 an so on. So the x is there so devs wouldn't have to update this message with every update. In short,just disregard that warning. In the original Final Alert editor there was a similar warning saying: "This map wiil need Yuri's Revenge to be played". So basically, that warning only says that your map uses Mental Omega assets, that's all.

2) Yes.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#450 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

What's the difference between the three types of ore-spawning drills, within the map editor?

There's

- Ore mine (TIBTRE01)

- Ore mine (TIBTRE02)

- Ore mine (TIBTRE03)

If I were to guess, I'd say they spawn ore at different rates, but i really don't know which is why I'm asking.

Infinitive absence.

#451 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:33 PM

I just looked at the code, and all three of them are identical(just as in vanilla RA2/YR). I could be wrong but I don't think there is a difference. It's probably remnants from Tiberian Sun code that Westwood left in there for some reason; there are lots of them sprinkled throughout the RA2/YR files.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#452 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:42 AM

I just looked at the code, and all three of them are identical(just as in vanilla RA2/YR). I could be wrong but I don't think there is a difference. It's probably remnants from Tiberian Sun code that Westwood left in there for some reason; there are lots of them sprinkled throughout the RA2/YR files.

it's because each TibTree had a different art in TibSun.

#453 ComradeFrana

ComradeFrana
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Projects:Stayin' alive
  •  Comrade

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:46 PM

So, while we wait for the 3.3.4. update to come out, I think now's a good time for another fan mission. This one is called Metastasis and it's another PsiCorps mission in Russia. This time your objective is to capture a secret Soviet island research facility off the coast of Siberia. You only get a small force at the beginning, so you must turn enemy units and buildings against them and secure the few opportunities for reinforcements. The enemy will also not hesitate to send lots of units against you, so it pays to  play aggressively. Anyway play the mission to see for yourself.

pchzQId.jpg

More screenshots here: https://photos.app.g...bHmoyzpD4wf2VN7

Doesn't replace any official mission, installation instructions are in the zip.

EDIT: fixed an issue that can softlock the game upon mission ending

Attached Files

Edited by ComradeFrana, 11 September 2018 - 07:08 PM.

#454 Attenpeter

Attenpeter
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:56 PM

just made my first Map for MO and wanted to share.

Its a medium sized 2v2 map for competitive play.

the map and some pictures are in the link below.

https://drive.google...a_nT4eT7MmRALcb

some notes

-its looks a bit like walk of Egypt from the layout each base a building to occupy which makes defending easier, but you can simply drive around it, like the pyramids on the Egypt map.

-in the corners are 2 oil Derick which have a fence around it like the one on yin yin yang so build some flak troopers or Archer at the start. 

-base crawl to the middle is possible but anther MCW does the job too. 

-lower bases can crawl to the other ore field. 

-infantry can though the Forrest at the bottom

-the river can be used for naval combat and amphibious units well be happy too. 

is anyway to get a higher resolution picture for the lobby?

#455 infini_ty

infini_ty
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:54 AM

hello, i think here is the proper place to ask some questions which are related to custom map making, but if it's not, please move me to the most appropriate thread,

i'm sorry for my bad english, i will try my best to type in english correctly.

i have seen some cooperative missions and done some experiments on them, but i do those things as an amateur,
now i'm trying to make a custom mission which can be played like a cooperative mission, but it only requires one player to play the mission,
there are two problems that I'm still unable to fix, they are showed below

1. how to remove spawned MCVs which appear at the player's start locations automatically, the MCVs appear at every available player's start locations which I have specified in 'MentalOmegaMaps.ini',

2. how to order the enemy AI to rebuild already placed structures after they are destroyed, and not to automatically build structures according to their own wishes, in this case i'm comparing it with a cooperative mission called 'mad monster', in which the enemy AI can rebuild their fallen structures, eventhough it is not set to rebuild the structure on the unit's property in the editor,

I imitated the method done in the original coop maps in which we have to make the dummy base unit (DMCV) taskforce for each player and create it with 'Create Units' action in the trigger. But that method doesn't work for my map. I need some instructions from anyone who can help me fixing that issue here, or will I upload that map instead so that anyone can repair the problem for me, I hope someone will be willing to help me. thanks for your attention,

#456 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:26 AM

For destroying the MCVs:

Go to Edit - INI editing. Add a new section called General. Then select it from the dropdown list and create a new key BaseUnit inside of it. The default value for it is AMCV,SMCV,PCV. (Allied/Soviet/Epsy MCV). Replace the one that has to be destroyed with DMCV. You'll also need to give a DMCV AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=yes property. Then it's destroyed usig the trigger. Open the Mad Monster to see how it's done.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#457 infini_ty

infini_ty
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:56 AM

i thank you for solving the problem and replying so fast,

the solution works as I expected,

#458 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:12 PM

One note, btw. DMCV is still an invisible unit. If you place start pos somewhere in a walkable terrain, you'd be creating an invisible collision. Try placing the start pos out of the map or unreachable spot to be safe, especially if the mission involves base building

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#459 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:33 PM

Is there any way to make structures that require power not require power?

I'd rather not just give the player a free power plant to power this structure at start, if possible. 

Infinitive absence.

#460 ShermanBy

ShermanBy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:41 PM

So, while we wait for the 3.3.4. update to come out, I think now's a good time for another fan mission. 

Veri nice mission

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users