#81 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:41 PM

I would also like to point out that ideas and concepts are welcome here, even if you dont want to make the map yourself.

Also if you are designing and making a map could you please post your concept here first just so we can give it the all clear.

Going back to Umbar, there is not much information about the city, and the only image of it I could find is:
Posted Image

Edited by mh_gollum, 12 February 2007 - 03:17 PM.

Posted Image

#82 Barak

Barak
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:19 PM

woah thank you. I will ask my brother which map he would like a go at.

#83 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:52 PM

yay, after two weeks of nothing my list is finally being looked at

Don't worry about it, buddy. Plenty of people have looked at it, they just don't have to reply to show it.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#84 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

I know that, my post was meant to have a bit of sarcasm in it.

Edited by mh_gollum, 12 February 2007 - 08:57 PM.

Posted Image

#85 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

There needs to be a smiley representig sarcasm :p This one could work
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#86 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:30 AM

Or this one :p. By the way, the concept thing looks more like one of the Greek islands.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#87 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:51 AM

Seems fine to me. It sort of gives the impression they are actually Numenoreans.

And if you're commenting on the white colour, white reflects heat better than all other colours (that's why in really hot countries about 99% of cars are white).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#88 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:24 PM

I.e. Umbar is a city port, therefore it should have the sea on the left (should cover much of the map)

Watch out there. Completely impassible terrain covering "much of the map" wouldn't be the most wonderful thing.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

Shit that was a typo. It should NOT cover much of the map. I said it partly because of the BFMEII design.
Posted Image

#90 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:03 AM

Seems fine to me. It sort of gives the impression they are actually Numenoreans.

And if you're commenting on the white colour, white reflects heat better than all other colours (that's why in really hot countries about 99% of cars are white).

Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing (and as you said, gives the impression they are Numenoreans), but I'm just saying that it looks like half the sceneries I looked at on my last holiday there. And the white colour thing refers to Greece, believe me. In summer the heat is sweltering there.

Anyway, about the Umbar map, I have an idea: maybe you could make a choke point that connects one half of the port to the other with the sea in the middle (though not much of it). On each side there would be the bases (castles or camps) and some mini-faction plots and other things scattered around. Just an idea.

Edited by Olorin, 14 February 2007 - 06:05 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#91 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:43 PM

A possible way to get the buildings and wall to look like those in the picture is to use Gondor Castle Walls and give them the Numorean Stonework Upgrade. You could then damage them to make them look older, as the dark Numorians and Corsairs are unlike to have kept them in really good condition.
Posted Image

#92 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

I though I'd be nice and give people a sneak preview of two of the maps I've done this half term. You have to guess which ones they are though... :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#93 Durin

Durin
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:33 PM

mmmhhh, the right one looks like Forochel
the left one... the Ettenmoors maybe?

#94 MorgoththeMight

MorgoththeMight
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  BFME player

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:44 PM

wow!.. those screens look great!.. wonder what maps it are..

#95 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:54 PM

Love the Pics mh_gollum, btw My guess is that the one on the right is Forochel and the other one is the Dimril dale, cuz you have that pic from the fellowship of the ring, which is overlooking Lothlorien, so those are my guesses.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#96 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

Ok. I have a rather poor and small Mirkwood Mountain map I've been working on. It needs a lot of work, but I need to know how to post pictures on the website. Could someone tell me how?
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#97 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:18 PM

Upload the image to a website like Photobucket or Imageshack, then link the picture to this site.

#98 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:42 AM

Amazing work mh_gollum. Can't wait to see your work on the Elven Alliance as well. :p
Posted Image

#99 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:48 AM

Olorin... they are the exact same except without the miniplots :p
Posted Image

#100 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:52 AM

I know, but I can't wait to see them in the mod. :p
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users