• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#81 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:16 PM

Just a thought: Harad digs tunnels from outside the walls and into the base. Not likely though
Posted Image

#82 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

What about laders aren't they a possibility. They could be rope laders that are thrown upward onto the walls. It could even be just a rope that infantry can climp up.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#83 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:14 AM

Don't the Hasharii (the assasins of Harad) scale walls? Also, are the Thirrad recruited as a single unit or a battalion?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#84 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:18 AM

I've seen screenshots of the Thirrad and they come in batallions and serve as the elite archers for Mirkwood, another peice of evidence that they come in batallions is that they have a skirmish formation button which you only get in batallion forces.

------------------------

Edited by Uruk King, 11 February 2007 - 08:18 AM.

I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#85 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:20 AM

True, I forgot about that. So then we'll see a whole battalion climbing the walls of the enemy, sweet.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#86 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

I know Khand will likly be a cavalry based minifaction, but in more detail what do you think there units will be like?
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

#87 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:40 AM

So will Khand be cavalry-based whereas Far Harad will have those Half-Troll thingys that I got confuzzled about.
Posted Image

#88 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:24 PM

I've heard Khand will be cavalry based, but its nevr been confirmed by the modders.

#89 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:55 AM

Khand should be cavalry becuase they were said to be like the men of the rohirrim
Posted Image

#90 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:58 AM

Fair enough. Do you know where it says that, just so I can look it up cause my Evil Men knowledge isn't too big.
Posted Image

#91 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:33 PM

At the old website, where things like this had been confirmed and discussed, it was confirmed that Khand has cavalry. I can't really give you better proof.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#92 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:24 AM

Is wikipedia enough proof for you? I dont think anyone should trust it though because anyone can edit anything on that site.
Posted Image

#93 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:40 AM

At the old website, where things like this had been confirmed and discussed, it was confirmed that Khand has cavalry. I can't really give you better proof.

Is wikipedia enough proof for you? I dont think anyone should trust it though because anyone can edit anything on that site.

Yep, all good enough. Canterbury, I wouldn't worry about anyone editting the LotR profiles unless they were correcting them. Why would anyone want to sabotage Tolkien lore? :p
Posted Image

#94 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:13 AM

I wouldn't know, some people can be idiots.

But still you could always use this webpage, for it is acurate and full of Tolkien lore. and it is where I do my Tolkien research.

The Thains Book

This time I hope the Hyperlimk works.

Posted Image

#95 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:15 AM

Don't worry, I always refer to that site, the only problem with it is that it only offers references from the 3rd and 2nd Ages (with the exception of a few things).

Edited by Olorin, 15 February 2007 - 07:15 AM.

Posted Image

#96 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

[/quote] Yep, all good enough. Canterbury, I wouldn't worry about anyone editting the LotR profiles unless they were correcting them. Why would anyone want to sabotage Tolkien lore? :p
[/quote]

Some nut could decide that his ideas are better than Tolkien's ideas, but all the lotr stuff I've senn on wikipedia seems right to me.

Edited by hdh7, 15 February 2007 - 02:02 PM.

#97 Durin The Deathless

Durin The Deathless
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:04 PM

I looked at the Thains Book, and it says nothing of them being a horse-based people, I wouldn't take the Wikipedia account seriously, who knows who put that there. They probably had horses in their land but as a unit in the game, they should most likely be the axemen the book described at the Siege of Gondor, broad, not to tall, bearded like dwarves, the typical Russian Viking.

#98 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:17 PM

I would advise you not only to take wikipedia seriously but also to use it for spare reference, even if it is not near as detailed as the Thains Book; however it is said that the Variags supplied Mordor with horses in wikipedia, but even if the khand minifaction does have additional cavalry that dosen't matter. As well as having bearded axe-wielding barbarians, they still could have some shocktroop kind of cavalry, to make the Variags a dispensible, early game shocktroop minifaction.

---------------------------

Posted Image

#99 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:05 PM

you guys dont give wikipedia enough credit. the people who run the site check EVERYTHING that is edited on that site and cross-check it. If they find that it is not correct/bias they put a warning on the top of those pages
Posted Image

#100 Durin The Deathless

Durin The Deathless
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:09 AM

Anyway the cavalry unit should be with the main Haradrim faction, they had horses, need I remind you of the Southron cavalry? Theoden slew the chieftain, and banner-bearer, so the Haradrim had their own horses, and if Tolkien used the word Variag in reference to Varangian, then they should most definitely be axemen because that's what the Varangian's main weapon was. Now can this be the end of the Khand discussion? What did we establish that the third mini-faction was anyway? Khand... Far Harad.... and...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users