#101 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:33 AM

<Ahem>... yeah, you can think of it like this. You need to be VERY creative and original. I have a great imagination and willforce, this helps me a lot, but making up ideas is NOT as easy as some people think. My ideas often lack several details (cost, stats) because I'm bad at game balancing, instead I focus on the background story, appearence, abilities and such.

I know it's not a "real" work, but it's still work. If I wouldn't take this seriously then I wouldn't have EVER became a staff member.
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#102 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

heh yeah u r right man ;)

and btw i think that spellbook from Campaign is cooler, cuz more spells=more interesting gameplay doesnt it? and what's ur opinion in changing spellbook of all factions in standart skirmish/WOTR maps?
94% of teenagers today are a bunch of uninformed morons, if you are one of the 6% who actually reads the paper, or anything besides cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, copy and paste this into your signature.

#103 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:20 PM

Campaign Spellbook: you are talking about the combined Elven/Dwarven spellbook from BfME 2 campaign, right ? Well... I prefer if each faction has its uniqe powers. Okay, it's cool to have powers from more than one faction (I once thought about a Rain of Fire + Eartquake + Flood combo ;) ), but it can make the game unbalanced after some time...

Anyway, in the Campaign (in the WotE campaign !)... well, it's not settled yet. We were thinking about a combined Dorwinion/Evil Men spellbook with Ithron, but then we realized it would be hard to make it correctly because of the storyline. Not to mention that- whoops, that would be a Spoiler, won't tell it :blush:

Changing Spellbooks in skirmish/WotR: most likely, all factions will have updated Spellbooks, so they will be different from the basic BfME 2 Spellbooks. I already made my plans for updated Mordor / Men of the West spellbooks, and I'm currently working on Isengard and Dwarves. Also I plan some changes at Evil Men. Dunno about the Elves yet...
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#104 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

so u plan add new spells or change existing ones?
94% of teenagers today are a bunch of uninformed morons, if you are one of the 6% who actually reads the paper, or anything besides cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, copy and paste this into your signature.

#105 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, something like that.

For example... (hm what should I say ?)

- Making the "Eye of Sauron" a level 2 spell, going to the place of "Barricade", while adding "Cave Bats" to the original place of the "Eye of Sauron". Plus, "Eye of Sauron" would be boosted: greater line of sight and would last longer.

- Boosting the "Fuel the Fires" spell for Isengard, making it effect Furnaces, too (raising production to 150%) ! Thus making up a nice combination with "Industry" !

- Replacing the "Earthquake" power at Men of the West with "Age of Men" - a spell which gives great boost to the damage, armor, movement speed, attack speed of ALL heroes ! Oh, and also makes abilities recharge a bit faster.

YES, those are a few of my ideas (so you can consider them as Spoilers ;) )... but do NOT think that they WILL get implemented. I'll be having some discussions with Ithron once he's back from holiday.
Posted Image
---

#106 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

hehe nice! BUT what about combined spellbook-i mean not to combine spells of different factions-NO!
I mean it would be very nice to just add more 'room' in spellbook.So u can add alot of new spells and that would be very cool tbh! ;)

also i have some nice ideas in that point for all factions (includin' WotE ones)

#107 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

...so you suggest to have more slots than the current amount of 13 spells per faction ? Well... I find the idea good (I myself thought about it), but I don't know if it's technically possible. It would require to re-design the entire spellbook and such...

Gonna' ask Ithron about it. If it's possible, maybe we'll expand the spellbooks with 4 slots (so +1 spell for each level). But even if this is possible, it will take quite some time.

We'll see ;)
Posted Image
---

#108 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

heh that's what i was talkin' about! =)

and btw can i call u just MB?

#109 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

Of course. Everyone calls me "MB" (it's my monogram by the way :blush: ), I wrote "MorrisB" just because the registration needed a "longer name" ;)
Posted Image
---

#110 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

cool =)) so u can call me just HF =)))

#111 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

Thanks HF ;)

EDIT: By the way, your power ideas were quite nice. If (IF !) we manage to expand the Spellbooks, you could PM me about your spell ideas for the different factions.

EDIT 2: Or even before.

Edited by MorrisB, 10 August 2007 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image
---

#112 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

ОК boss! ;)

#113 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

Alright.

Just to let you know, HF: if you have MANY ideas, I recommand you to open your own idea topic. I did so myself back when I began to make up my first ideas. I realized that Ithron visits this suggestion topic quite rarely, and I also realized that this topic is just not enough for me ;) - and so did my suggestion topic came to be.

So, if you have many (probably good) ideas - either about powers, heroes etc. - open your own topic. Also because with a topic on your own, you can show your skills to Ithron more easly (he visits "personal" topics more often).
Posted Image
---

#114 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

ok thx alot! gonna do so.... ;)

done ))) check my new topic! ))

http://forums.revora...showtopic=52929 here ))

#115 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

its me the 3rd mapper ithron needs to let me see the staff room again but i wont be back till 21st (its cool safarisiamisational) i still think we should replace:

cave troll
goblin lairs

and put

mountain troll &
grass drakes

well or put a BN camp watcha think MB!

^smeaking^

#116 joris2222

joris2222
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:30 PM

I have downloaded the Evil Men Beta and I played one game with Isengard. And I must say it's nice :p Only; the Black Eagle isn't a ring hero in my opinion. Saruman with the ring would be a better idea.

Also, can someone explain me what Dorwinion is?

#117 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

Dorwinion isn't described much in the Tolkien books. It's a land in the eastern Middle-earth, in habited my Men and some small groups of Elves. The new Dorwinion faction includes units from all around the eastern lands, e.g. Men of Hildorien, Guardians of Kalorme and Dwarves of Orocarni.

#118 joris2222

joris2222
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

Dorwinion isn't described much in the Tolkien books. It's a land in the eastern Middle-earth, in habited my Men and some small groups of Elves. The new Dorwinion faction includes units from all around the eastern lands, e.g. Men of Hildorien, Guardians of Kalorme and Dwarves of Orocarni.

Oke, nice :p
And what kind of hero's do they have?

#119 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

You should really check the other topic's for that info, but I can tell you what the heroes are:

Alatar (Blue Wizard who helps the good peoples of the east to defeat Pallando):
PICTURE

Borlach (The leader of the Men of Hildorien):
PICTURE

Rathvith (King of the Dwarves of Orocarni):
PICTURE

King Bladorthin (King of Dorwinion):
PICTURE

Tulamdir (Captain of the Elves of Cuivienen):
PICTURE

Tharna (Adventurer of Dorwinion):
PICTURE

Ludhil (Daughter of Dasron and wife of Borlach):
PICTURE

Dasron (Merchant lord of Dorwinion):
PICTURE

Akrothir (Ring Hero, Wraith lord of Kalorme):
PICTURE

Hope that helps :p

Edited by IthronAiwendil, 12 August 2007 - 07:40 PM.

#120 joris2222

joris2222
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

Ah kee. I've played the Evil Men beta now more and played with each faction, some arguments:
- Glorfindel is too weak (in the books etc. he is one of the more powerful).
- Some factions needs more units or units replaced, example: The Dwarven Zaelots in my eyes.
- How can Alatar be stronger than Gandalf and Saruman?
- Damrod 8000 hp?
- And the animation of the Wain Rider is not so good

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ahrefs (1)