#42 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:25 PM

I'll consider the Elven blonde hair for the Swordsmen... and the hair of Glorfindel (but I kinda like his white hair). Also I will probably make the hair of Dain somewhat brown though since Gloin's is white now, and from what I can see on pics of Dain, it should be brown (was he in the movie at Rivendell too?).

Anyway... in the mean time I finally got the new skin for SMAUG ready - yes that vicious thing from Erebor :p He's described as red & "goldish" and of all the art I could find of him, I kinda liked this one best...
Posted Image

So this is the former "Dragon Strike" of the retail game, now made into "Summon Smaug - the Dragon of Erebor". Hope you like the new look... I do! :grin:

Burn suckers... BURN! :crazed:
Posted Image

And then some...
Posted Image

And some over here too...
Posted Image

Oups, someone got pissed... ^_^
Posted Image

That'll do it for today... I'll fly home to Erebor *lol* :p
Posted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 28 March 2007 - 11:55 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#43 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:41 PM

AWESOME! I love you! :grin:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#44 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

it's a masterpiece.... only I'd see him on another model, but that's out of your league :crazed:

nd from what I can see on pics of Dain, it should be brown (was he in the movie at Rivendell too?).

yeah sure, Dain's dead at the time :p I think... :grin:

edit: or wait, was he just dead when the WotR was over? cause I know he dies in Dale\Erebor, but not if it's before or after the founding of the FotR... ^_^

Edited by Lauri, 26 March 2007 - 09:44 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#45 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:38 PM

Hehe thanks Sûl! :crazed:

Another model Lauri? Hehe well, since he's not in the movie tha interpretations of his look vary, and I like that painting very much since it's pretty much the same style I paint myself (yes I'm an artist too) ^_^ And the model of the dragon strike just happens to be VERY similar to that piece of art, so I'm happy. Might make him bigger though, since he's the seconds largest dragon to have ever existed in Middle Earth, as far as I know :grin:

And about Dain... this is the only "real" pic I have of him, but it's not from the movie right?

Posted Image

I forgot one screen for Smaug, but I added it now... :p

And here's the new and needed reskin for the Ithilien Rangers... Higher res (like the Dunedain Rangers), more natural colors, and masks to cover their faces...
Posted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 27 March 2007 - 01:00 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#46 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:42 AM

Damn, i want my comp fixed! Badly! :(

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#47 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:57 AM

Yeah, I want that too, cause I want help with modding this to perfection... :crazed: Hurry up and fix it! :p

BTW: Smaug is now TWICE the size! hehehe... which makes him THE biggest flying unit in the game - as it should be! Hmmm... i Think I would like him to STAY for a while when summoned too (like 60 seconds), and be able to attack a couple of more times (he has the red attack icon, but he wont go anywhere else but "home" when he's attacked once. Any ideas how to do that, plz share them ^_^

Next item down is slightly polished skins for Haradrims and Easterlings...
Posted Image

And for Haldir and Legolas... and King Dain! :grin:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 27 March 2007 - 05:23 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#48 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:53 AM

Hehe well, since he's not in the movie tha interpretations of his look vary

Smaug was one of the few characters actually drawn by Tolkien himself, so I sure as hell hope his looks don't vary :grin:

Posted Image

He should look like that, no arguing.

I think you could do with altering the skin to make him look more scaly.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#49 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:27 PM

The Dain pic was done by Decipher, a type of card game like Magic cards and Pokemon. They had help from WETA I believe, who designed the film stuff which is why they are useful references.
Posted Image

#50 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:32 PM

The deluxe edition has portraits for gloin with white hair (and skins, but you have that), as well as Glorfindel with blonde hair. feel free to take those ;)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#51 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

The deluxe edition has portraits for gloin with white hair (and skins, but you have that), as well as Glorfindel with blonde hair. feel free to take those ;)

Thanks man! S.E.E. is sure as hell a 3rdAge-mod.

Nazgûl, when next updating the 10mb-picturebook-pdf, there should be a 3rdAge-Banner on the credits page.
While you are at it, i'd love to see the 4-frames 'Smaug loves a good burn' picture story in it! :xcahik_:

#52 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:14 PM

ah, zimoo, I knew something was missing! :sad: The scales! ;) and tha missing one? :xcahik_:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#53 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

OT: I had an answer for everybody here with quotes, but the F-ING Party Poker CRAP, poped up in this window cause I opened up another window to look for a thread to link to... and upon going back from that f-cker, all written here was gone. Thanks to Party Poker for that... PARTYYYYYY! Asswhipes!!! ;) :xcahik_: :sad:

I understand that sites need to have sponsors like them assholes, but I HATE their god damn f-ing scripts that HIGHJACK your browser window! F-UCK I could kill someone for simple things like this *annoyed* ;) ;) :mad2:

Well, I'.. be back with more screens in a bit... Thanks for all replys and especially to 2Play for your offer ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#54 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:37 AM

YEY!!! Next reskin done! The Lórien Warriors (aka "Elven Guard") that I added from the start to this mod, has always bugged me in the way that they are 94x94 skins... All other elven units are maximum; 512 x 512. So after having reskinned the worst elven heroes, Haldir and Legolas, and polisehd the HA of the other units, I figures I needed to have a go at these... So by using Haldir as a base and then using bits and pieces from almost all other elven units I was able to map together a almost identical skin to the 94x94, but in TRUE 512x512 (no scaling). It turned out great I think! ;)

Lörien Warriors - S.E.E. exclusive - light armor! :xcahik_:
Posted Image

And in Heavy Armor!... I really spent a long time with coloring in Photoshop to try and get that feeling of the "super special elven armor in goldish look", that I imagine it. The goal is to only have elves using "golden" look, so I will adjust the other elven skins again, to match this perfectly (in my taste) darker saturated look ;)
Posted Image

And finally, lets see them together, and also the details of their hair, helmets and wepons and so on... ;)
Posted Image

Next up, are the Noldor Warriors, for the same reason... but this one is gonna be even harder... :sad:

Edited by Nazgûl, 28 March 2007 - 02:38 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#55 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:20 AM

Phfeeew... I think I did it... same procedure. A high res model to pick details from and lots of photographs from the net to cut up in pieces, scale and mount above the original skin. So here we go - the noble Noldor Warriors in 512x512 high res skins! :xcahik_:

Direct sunlight...
Posted Image

Light from behind...
Posted Image

There you go... All elven units reskinned ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#56 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

Man, that's really, really cool! Great stuff!

#57 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

that's awesome! :) I couldn't match that Noldor skin even if I tried too! Really great work! :D Even though you "cheated" on the Lorien's :p it's not cheating though ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#58 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

:p You're my hero!

About the Party Poker crap: get Firefox. With it you can block all the banner/google/crap advertising.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:21 PM

Those skins look amazing :) You really have managed to bring realisism to BFME2 imo.

And if PartyPoker bothers you, get a PKR :D Much better and realistic that PartyPoker :p

#60 girtacos

girtacos
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:31 PM

Did you get rid of the Spider Riders? Those were in fact NOT original. It's another idea stolen from Warhammer by EA :) (there probabably IS a fan among them :p )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users