#61 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:54 AM

Well no, cause if I'd get rid of them Goblins would be even weaker, and they have so little allready. Well they have Drogoth and fire drake, but no walls and not a lot of heroes, so the need their cavalry I'm afraid. I will reskin them though and remove the green Shrek-look in favour of more orc-ish look :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#62 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:59 AM

Even though the spider riders look nice, we better get something much better suited. Since the Wild Faction seems to consist of the evil (under the) mountain folk, we should most definitely find another kind of replacement. No hurry though. Priorities. :p So how about bat riders? Or cave worms?

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#63 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:27 AM

those sound interesting. if you guys came up with a cool way, i would spend an hour just to mass those things :)
*thinks about bats killing everyone* nice :p
*hopes for your sake Zimoo never reads that suggestion or my post* :D
Posted Image

#64 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:39 AM

Sure, will you do the models? :) ;)
Hehe, but seriously, the Goblins have Shelob and Spiderlings, so they feel pretty "spiderish" (love them "ish'es") allready + they really need cavalry, and I DON'T wanna give them horses. The spiders look good and ands versatility, I like them, especially when I get to fix their skins I guess... Bat riders? Isn't that even more far out? ;) And it wouldn't be cavalry, more of artillery if the bats will have bat droppings *lol* But, I'm open for suggestions, sure, but don't forget that no modeling can be done since we have no modeler :p

On with the show... Here's the final fix for Mithlond Sentries and Rivendell Lancers. All with that "special Elven metal" to match the other HA elves... (The Noldors are a bit different in shade to symbolize their older origin) :p
Posted Image

And the cavalry...
Posted Image

Here's how they match up...
Posted Image

And a little action maybe... :p
Posted Image

Guess the ELves are done now :D
Back soon with more...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#65 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:20 AM

Final update for today...

Amongst MotW... the worst looking skins are Boromir and Faramir, so lucky me that I was able to come up with enough material to skin these two 256x256 units :p
Posted ImagePosted Image

And finally, slightly trimmed Rohirrim with better detail on helmets...
Posted Image

Next is Goblins I guess...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#66 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:24 AM

*hopes for your sake Zimoo never reads that suggestion or my post*

I read everything here.

*Spins around in a circle breathing fire, torching everyone who came up with such blasphemous suggestions*

Comment on elves...I hate them...but that's because of PJ's and EA's concepts, not yours...Guess the skin looks good quality though.

The tree on Faramir could do with being improved. The standard MOTW CAH hero has a good tree on a plain background, so it shouldn't be too much work to get that into it.

Edited by zimoo, 29 March 2007 - 09:38 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#67 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:58 AM

Sweet sweet pics! Except the orcs, as yet. :cool2:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#68 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:27 PM

Hehe, Zimoo is a hard man to please, but I think the easy explanation is that you are a great guardian of the books, so to speak, and I'm a great fan of PJ's work... so I guess it's hard to have both. :p That's why I used actual screen shot photos for their faces too. And I like the "golden" concept of the Noldor that I've used for they others too. No other race will have golden armor but the elves. I'll give goblins leather and metal or two different kinds of metal in shades of grey. We'll see... *thinking*

I haven't found that CaH hero breast plate tree, you're refering too :/

BTW: If anyone has any good material for the Rohan heroes; Theoden, Eomer and Eowyn, I'll gladly have a look at it since those are pretty bad too but lack similar skins in high res, to use as bases

But just as of curiosity - how would you have skinned them Zimoo, in both non- and HA-armor? Like descripte-wise? :cool2:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#69 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:32 PM

More good work, but I dont like the bare arms on the sentry. Why would the elves wear vests?! Another of EALA's moments of madness
Posted Image

#70 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:54 PM

Hm yeah, that's a good point, kinda like it... I'll consider giving them cloth on the arms... :cool2:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#71 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:17 PM

BTW: If anyone has any good material for the Rohan heroes; Theoden, Eomer and Eowyn, I'll gladly have a look at it since those are pretty bad too but lack similar skins in high res, to use as bases

You mean pictures of them in the movies?

http://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib.htm

It's a great site :cool2: .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

the spearelves looks bad and childric.... because I dimply don't like the warhammer look EA gave the armor, and the arms are messed up :p why wouldn't they cover their arms? :cool2:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#73 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:04 AM

All heroes of Men of the West - reskinned. Some a lot, some only partially. Most important are faces I think. I used some material from Stelthsnakes "BFMESkinsProject0.9" as bases for Rohan heroes, and the rest is like always a complilation and mixture of other skins, photographs and Photoshop work, except Aragorn who was actually this good from start :sad2: And Zimoo... check out the Gondor tree on Faramir... better? :D

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
]Posted ImagePosted Image

Last pic is Eowyn disguised as Rohirrim (by wearing a helmet *lol*) :p

Edited by Nazgûl, 30 March 2007 - 04:03 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#74 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:41 AM

They look very good. And that tree on Faramir is much better than the first one.

#75 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

I concur ^^

And yes I am a very hard guy to please. Basically, until your mod is 100% true to the books I'll have something to complain about, it's just the way things are :p

For noldor...as you asked...no plate armour...no gold...silver/blue instead.

Nice reskins BTW :sad2:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#76 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:59 PM

...Basically, until your mod is 100% true to the books...

And since it's goal is to be more or less 100% true to the movies, that would be hard... :sad2: hehe
Anyway, thanks guys, I'm quite pleased with the heroes of Men now. Only thing is that EA has used a slightly different model for gandalf on horse, but uses the same skin, which makes him look worse while mounted... actually almost like a monkey in his face (if you zoom in too much). Maybe a modeler could adjust him to use same model while mounted, I dont know... or if we could point to a different mapped skin for the mounted model. It's not the end of the world, but it's a little annoying, since no other mounted hero alters like that while mounted (Theoden, Eomer, Eowyn, Gothmog, MoS, and so on...). I'll get a screen shot of what I'm talking about...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Same skin, but the only hero that acts this way when mounted...
I need a modeler, if we should consider this to be a needed fix? :p
Feels like it's in the same cathegory as the Rohan Stables graphics bug. But for now, I'll move on to Goblins - the last faction in need of additional reskinning.

Edited by Nazgûl, 30 March 2007 - 04:10 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#77 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:32 PM

People won't notice that unless they zoom in loads so I don't see the problem :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

Let's hope so :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#79 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:10 PM

Make Gandalf's forehead a bit shorter. He looks a bit weird this way... :xcahik_:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:17 AM

I'm almost finished with the final faction of reskins now, Goblins. When these are done, ALL factions are thuroughly reskinned more or less :huh: I'll post screens later, and I'll consider the Gandalf forehed. You see, the skin has to follow the model, and on horse it's a good example of what happens when the model doesn't follow the skin. I'll have a look at him again though... ;)

But until next update... FEAST your eyes on the "REAL" Groooooond, and not the puny little babywagon we had before... :xcahik_: :mellow: ;)
Posted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 31 March 2007 - 05:19 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users