Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
3930 replies to this topic

#3381 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

@ronaldo:

- in 008 nuke general wont have base defense, so you could drop this idea
- approximated time for finishing trailer should be in 2-3 weeks
- i agree for particle cannon, its a weakest superweapon in game, it was suggested few times, and rejected
- any good suggestion could affect contra 008, but it must be really good because everything is almost ready for release
(yet, some good ideas are still under development between project team)

@kkasll:

- battle fortress is a strong unit, but it can be easy taken down.

The best way to destroy it is this way:

- first attack with few plains
- then with artillery
- if not destroyed use regular units (with some luck or skill, you can defeat it without losing any unit

I guarantee you this!
Posted Image

#3382 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

Iv had best success against super units by using ECM. Disable any superunit with ECM, then they can't fight back because they're ECMed.
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#3383 Guest_ronaldo_*

Guest_ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

laser is the best general using laser weapon so why dont you change its particle cannon increase its firepower or change it with better laser because he is laser so how you give laser like robot general or superweapon general

#3384 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:33 AM

Iv had best success against super units by using ECM. Disable any superunit with ECM, then they can't fight back because they're ECMed.

I think every superunit is immune to ECM in 007 onward (balance reason).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3385 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

I think every superunit is immune to ECM in 007 onward (balance reason).

I know not in 007, because I can remember once I had a Shaitan in online play (on Garena) and they dropped an ECM Bomb right on it. I couldn't move or fire for 2 minutes, then they just sent in all their units to destroy my shaitan. I had same thing happen with the Fafnir before, it's very annoying.
Amat Victoria Curam

Posted Image

#3386 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hmmm....ECM bomb might work while ECM tank doesn't.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3387 Guest_ronaldo_*

Guest_ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

laser is the best general using laser weapon so why dont you change its particle cannon increase its firepower or change it with better laser because he is laser so how you give laser like robot general or superweapon general

#3388 Guest_mm_*

Guest_mm_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

I would like to suggest to balance the supply airport, what send you vehicles or infantry, when you capture it..when you are playing fro GLA demolition general it will send you 3x suicide motocycle+ 3x bomb truck ( you can get these vehicles even if they are available on 3rd rank and you are on 1st rank, what is very unbalanced)..but when you are playing for e.g. china tank general, it will send you only 3 or 4 (im not sure) basic tanks...if you compare it, demolition gen. is very boosted by bomb trucks and the number of sent crops...I think that supply airport what you can capture on map should be more strategic- it should send you only tanks/infantry you can get on 3rd rank...its unthinkable when gla gets on 1st rank the bomb trucks and tank generals only basic tanks...get tank general the overlord or manticore sent by that building, get airforce general helicopters sent by it ( btw why the AF gen. recieved his tanks sent by it , but not helicopters?? compare AF shity tank vs. bomb truck...there would be a lot of examples of unbalanced staff sent by it...

#3389 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

I never really noticed that. It should be fixed. Nice Suggestion. Demo will probably be given different units that drop from it instead of bomb trucks.
Amat Victoria Curam

Posted Image

#3390 Guest_mm_*

Guest_mm_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

let the bomb trucks be there and add the overlords (or its modification in flame or nuke gens, or ATGM operators in infantry gen) or helicopters ( in AF gen), plasma paladin (laser gen), shield gen (SW gen) and spider mech (cyber gen) or other staff available at 3rd rank when you capture that building with mentioned general. You have wanted to make the game more balanced- this would definitely do it ! the battles would not be only within the base, but also e.g. on the another place on map far away from your base to get this unit. Of course you would have to modify the number of sent staff, e.g. 1x shield generator would be sent when you are playing fow SW, but 3x spider mech for cyber general, or 3x helicopters for AF= 2x bomb truck for demolition gen., or smt. similar according to thier power and usage in game...Also another question- why the assalut general havent had a suicide motocycle and bombtruck or tunnel network available on 5th rank? it makes him most weak from all generals in the game ( my opinion), his tank on 5th rank= shit against other staff on 5th rank (omega canon, nuke bomb truck, B-3 wywern...),no tunnel, no stealth abilities, only katusha is great (again my opinion)...How have you modified assalut general?

#3391 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

Assault gen might use bomb cycles (assault > quick and heavy), it would suit him IMO.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#3392 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

@mm
If you might have noticed, Assault Gen style is more conventional military and less terrorism. He has a unique strength, which is artillery. To play Assault Gen effectively, you must rely artillery (as damage dealer) and mixed other types of units (to defend artillery and finish the enemy). With more conventional military style, Creator removed the suicide units from his arsenal.

If you have follow the change log or news or the trailer, you will see that Assault Gen has new superunit (which is very big and tough artillery) and got a lot of adjustments.

Regarding tunnel and stealth, he has sneak attack tunnel and GPS scrambler in 007. His defenses can be upgraded with camo net too. What you describe is inaccurate. What version did you play?

In 008, he also gets tunnel at rank 1 and stealth tunnel at rank 5.

About Demo dropping Bomb truck, I think there should be balance adjustment, which would remain to be seen.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3393 fieldwings

fieldwings
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hm. I thought of something to do with the Wyvern; upon MOAB upgrade, have it randomly drop mini-MOABs (maybe 1:3 ratio to normal bombs so it's not too OP, even 1:2 worked out well when I tried it); also, what about having the Aurora Alpha drop a normal high-explosive bomb until MOAB upgrade, and then when that's received, it drops its normal mini-MOAB weapon? (Speaking of that, I don't remember if it was fixed or not for 008 but the AI won't purchase the MOAB or Improved Cluster Bombs upgrades at all.)

Edited by fieldwings, 25 March 2011 - 11:15 PM.

#3394 Guest_Nunya bisness_*

Guest_Nunya bisness_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

You have incured my wrath. for the last month-ish i have thought about the king tiger as a gla assault general unit and made my argument: The king tiger might have an outdated 88mm main gun but that is still going to murder light tanks (Thats sort of the heavy tanks job).

its not fast but (They did it in ww2 so don't say i am lying) they were camo-netted thus stealthed and meeting hit and run doctrine.

it's not too strong for gla as marauder tank is on par-ish with the overlord when upgraded(Salvage uses).

I have military frends (Not just grunts by the way)who agree With my King tiger beats abrams comments (Some even went as far as to say that it would win in urban combat: The king tiger would have a huge disadvantage in urban combat as the turret moves hellishly slow).

Different ammo for different senarios(H.E. shells for anti-personel and A.P.C.R. Shells-Armour piercing composite rigid-for anti armour make for a fun unit.

The king tiger WAS NOT EVER!! pierced by infantry anti armour (as company of heroes can attest to)And even the mighty kv-2 heavy artillery/Tank (With 40 Kilogram shells i might ad)Had difficulty with its armour.

The king tiger was a dicisive military weapon-fifty light tanks vs a king tiger was a fair fight.

it has enough weaknesses not to be overpowered:Slow,slow turret small-by todays standerds-main gun and not built to withstand modern air based attacks.

maybe consider it as a marouder

#3395 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

In the end, it's not up to you or me or someone who posted the suggestion. It's up to Creator.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3396 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

You have incured my wrath. for the last month-ish i have thought about the king tiger as a gla assault general unit and made my argument: The king tiger might have an outdated 88mm main gun but that is still going to murder light tanks (Thats sort of the heavy tanks job).

its not fast but (They did it in ww2 so don't say i am lying) they were camo-netted thus stealthed and meeting hit and run doctrine.

it's not too strong for gla as marauder tank is on par-ish with the overlord when upgraded(Salvage uses).

I have military frends (Not just grunts by the way)who agree With my King tiger beats abrams comments (Some even went as far as to say that it would win in urban combat: The king tiger would have a huge disadvantage in urban combat as the turret moves hellishly slow).

Different ammo for different senarios(H.E. shells for anti-personel and A.P.C.R. Shells-Armour piercing composite rigid-for anti armour make for a fun unit.

The king tiger WAS NOT EVER!! pierced by infantry anti armour (as company of heroes can attest to)And even the mighty kv-2 heavy artillery/Tank (With 40 Kilogram shells i might ad)Had difficulty with its armour.

The king tiger was a dicisive military weapon-fifty light tanks vs a king tiger was a fair fight.

it has enough weaknesses not to be overpowered:Slow,slow turret small-by todays standerds-main gun and not built to withstand modern air based attacks.

maybe consider it as a marouder

Yet, current anti tank infantry arms would shred it. Also, current arty uses much more heavy shells. Let alone rocket artillery which utilize anti tank missiles, HE missile, or even thermobaric/nuclear charges. King tiger wouldnt be able to do something about those.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#3397 Guest_mm_*

Guest_mm_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

another suggestion- when you upgrade your Overlords with any of their abilities, and klick on them later, you dont know, which one of the abilities you have purchased...the only way how to find out it is to zoom your tank...but when you upgrade your tank with radar, and you select it after that purchase, you can see a picture of what have you purchased in tank menu...show this picture for everyupgrade, it would be more transparent and you would lost your time with zooming...if I want to have a group of 1xgatling overlord, 1x healing overlord, 1x with radar and 1x with antitank missile, it takes a lot of time to manage it

#3398 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

There is a limit number of upgrade displaying slots. It can't show everything. Also, the Overlord add-on is very easy to see (no zoom is needed at all) already. I wonder why you have hard time seeing it.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3399 Guest_ronaldo_*

Guest_ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

CASOJIN

WHY EVERYTHING IS UP TO CREATOR
IF EVERYTHING IS UP TO CREATOR THEN WE MIGHT SAY AN IDEA YOU DON'T LIKE CASOJIN BUT CREATOR LIKE IT AND YOU SAY WHEN ANYTHING YOU ANSWER THEN CREATOR WILL NOT READ IT BUT IF NOBODY ANSWER HE MIGHT READ IT AND LIKES IT SO NOW CREATOR NEVER ANSWER US ONLY YOU CASOJIN AND LIL TASMAN AND dcesarec ANSWER US.

#3400 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

WHY THE CAPS LOCK??? SEE HOW ANNOYING CAPSLOCK IS? CREATOR HAS NOT EVEN RESPONDED TO US IN LONG TIME, SO WOULD YOU RATHER ALL SUGGESTIONS GO UNOTICED WHEN WE DONT POST? We filter the bad suggestions out, the ones that are debatable we mention on private forums, and the great suggestions we tell Creator directly. Creator himself hardly ever talks on this forum. If you want complete control over a mod, go make your own!!
Amat Victoria Curam

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users