Erebor (Dwarven) faction

• Please log in to reply
556 replies to this topic

#241 Biermann

Biermann
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:44 PM

Sorry then. I didn't noticed, and I was watching T.T.T. yesterday and that idea came to me. But you didn't said anything about an equipable ram :)

#242 Biermann

Biermann
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:42 AM

I was looking around in the stuff of other mods, and i found this http://img204.images...arfcrossrj2.jpg
Belongs to The age of Men, mabye it could be traded by any of the models exclusive of this model. It's a perfect looking dwarf crossbowman.

#243 frinkmakesyouthink

frinkmakesyouthink
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

I was looking around in the stuff of other mods, and i found this http://img204.images...arfcrossrj2.jpg
Belongs to The age of Men, mabye it could be traded by any of the models exclusive of this model. It's a perfect looking dwarf crossbowman.

It looks like his beard is made from GOLD!

#244 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

I have just agreed to a second "alliance" (or rather cooperation), this time with the Age of Men mod, which means we will trade some things with each other. I have already thought about that model :shiftee: The skin can be changed to that of the SEE axethrowers (which is also good since the mods wont look the same in all traded things) :grin:

Posted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 26 July 2007 - 09:37 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#245 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

Mybe would should change the helmet to silverish
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#246 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:53 PM

personally, I'd love to have dwarven archers.... knowing'that'will'never'happenly, I'd love to have crossbowdwarves over axethrowers.....
no'idea'whats'been'said'on'last'pagesly, is this a replace or an addition, if you'll throw it in?

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#247 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:04 AM

Haven't decided yet... :s

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#248 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:58 AM

I've always thought that the axethrowers weren't giving enough damage to enemies. I mean, realistically, what's going to hurt worse? An arrow...or a freakin' axe in your chest.
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#249 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:03 AM

Agree, and that is the aim - have them be the strongest range wepon. It's just a question to what extent it's being used...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#250 Guest_Kili_*

Guest_Kili_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

How about some faster infantry? I end up losing because of the lack of respond against econemy creeping way too often. I have some idea's:

1 (my favourite) Get the ability to upgrade Boots or Stamina training,

2 Something like a tranport vehicle. I was thinking about just an unupgraded Battlewagon.

3 Light scout unit(mentioned before)

4 Reduce the cost of that mine spell..

I hope u like my idea's.

About names for heroes: The Hobbit hosts alot of Dwarves and so does the background book (I only know the name in Dutch.) And about the axethrowers I have the same opinion as Nazgul.

Keep up the good work!

#251 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:55 PM

The Dwarves weakness is supposed to be they are slow...

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#252 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

I'm glad you like the mod, but as Strider says, Dwarves are supposed to be slow but STRONG :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#253 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

I myself like Axe Throwers..
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#254 Biermann

Biermann
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:51 PM

And wich would be the add heroes for the Dwarves in Beta 4.5?
And about this crossbowman discussion?
Hey Naz, I think you should keep the thread for suggestions for the general gameplay.

#255 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:00 AM

As for the speed issue, maybe to could give them a Power (kind of like the Elven Gifts), added to the Spell Book, giving them a boost in armor/attack for all the Dwarves except for the Heroes of course. So that way, they're still slow, but can really take/give out damage. Simple, yet highly effective for their cause.

Edited by Downfall, 01 August 2007 - 12:01 AM.

"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#256 Harad King

Harad King
  • Project Team
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

Ideas
Dwarven Crossbows - Basic Archers
Dale Spearmen - Elite Pikemen

Edited by harad king, 01 August 2007 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#257 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:00 AM

- Bows: read thread ^
- Dale : no more dale =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#258 Guest_Kili_*

Guest_Kili_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

Hi all,

About my previous reply: I sure understand your way of thinking. And about something else I have another idea. As Dale archers are moved from archery range and according to this thread maybe the new Dwarven crossbowmen are/is added, I was thinking of re-introducing the archery range but this time with a completely new, more Dwarvish look. I hope you guys like tho I think there is quite a possibilty I'll be wrong again... I'm making some sketches(sp?) and I hope you will like idea.

Greetings all.

#259 Guest_Kili_*

Guest_Kili_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

hmm....i can see the crossbow thing. And may i say a craftsman and a technician are one in the same, to the dwarves. I like crossbowmen, though maybe best suitd as a hero. i like the idea of dwarven bowmen having an axe throw ability.

And I like the axe-thrower hero because the axethrower is one of EA's better models. I mean, why don't archers ever run out of arrows, eh? Why don't your people ever sleep or eat? It's part of those things that make the game TOO realistic. Plus, it'd still be something different.

So... because you dont run out of arrows is your argument to add axethrowers with unlimited axes?

Axes are large, heavy and require more training and less range to be effective, and Tolkien states they used bows. Thats my argument.

Hi all,

First: I actually don;t want to participate in this debate, I just think this has to be said, so don't blameme or something like that.

About the weight of axes: Dwarves can carry allmost anything without tiring them any further the usually would be. For example: In The Hobbit King Dain's Troops carry enough food for several weeks, full armour and walk as fast as they can, nd asif that;s not enought after that kick a bunch of goblin ass in The BattleOf Five Armies.(I know, that sentence is WAY too long)

#260 Biermann

Biermann
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

But is easier to think that there's 100 arrows in the quivers than 100 axes. I tink that the best idea would be a ranger like unit, like a basic axeman/archer, an hybrid unit who switch from crossbow to hand axe. They would have a small range and little meele damage, but with fast production, been like a early game span unit. Mabye if this ranger like unit could be add the axetrovers could be keeped as elite or medium game archer unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users