• Please log in to reply
1712 replies to this topic

#1221 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:29 AM

For your Glorfindel idea Mike; Would you want it both for Arnor and Rivendell/Elves?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1222 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:31 AM

No, different Glorfindel powers for Arnor and Rivendell/Elves.

#1223 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:32 AM

Thought so.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1224 Guest_Guest_Arnorite_*

Guest_Guest_Arnorite_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

First of all, I would like to say (without sounding like a suckup) that I am a big fan of RJ-RotWK, and that this is my first time on a forum.
I have a few suggestions concerning Arnor and I hope I won't offend anybody.
My suggestions are:
1. Instead of buying the Elven, Dunedain, and Istari Alliances at the Fortress, Arnor should have a building where you could buy the upgrades called and "Alliance Beacon" or something like that, so that you could build the Dunedain Camp and Elven Barracks also on fortress maps.
2. If my first idea is not good, then Arnor should get a few more "Arnor" units (such as Arnor Royal Spearmen [which could look like the spearmen pictured in the intro movie in the Angmar Campaign.] and Arnor Knights [cavalry units]).
3. Remove Cirdan's beard (he was an elf).
And 4. Revert Arvedui's skin to look the way it did in version 1.05 so that he matches his palantir portrait.

Thank-you for reading my ideas (I hope I didn't come out as obnoxious or anything).

Arnorite :ohmy:

#1225 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

Not obnoxious at all, welcome to the forums!

Edited by Yoda_, 14 March 2009 - 11:35 PM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#1226 Guest_Arnorite_*

Guest_Arnorite_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

Not obnoxious at all, welcome to the forums!

By the way, where would I post questions about Worldbuilder?
Thanks!

#1227 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

The worldbuilder forum in the main place. I like the beacon idea... definitely should be implemented in my opinion. :D You should register... :)
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#1228 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:55 AM

Interesting as the idea is, my concerns are: if taken away from the Fortress, Arnor is short 3 upgrades to the building itself. If that should be resolved and the beacon idea pulls through, is it just one as far as building features go? Off the top of my head, I guess it could be put on the barracks, but I think that would take away from the Elves. Granted the issue is evident about playing defense on Fortress maps.

#1229 Dragonforce

Dragonforce
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

OT:Shadow,are you from germany? T: Your ideas are good but I think it makes Arnor too similar to elves
Posted Image Dragonforce
Posted Image

#1230 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:26 AM

OT: hehe nope, I'm from the US. :)

back on topic: I agree DF, I had the notion in mind as i posted the brainstorm. :D

But perhaps the beacon idea can be used on the Dunedain Camp and Elven barracks respectively? Have both available when you start the game, build your camp and Elven barracks , then build the beacons after completion.

Edited by shadowcreature, 15 March 2009 - 07:30 AM.

#1231 Guest_Arnorite_*

Guest_Arnorite_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

The worldbuilder forum in the main place. I like the beacon idea... definitely should be implemented in my opinion. :D You should register... :)

Thanks!
How do you register? And is there some sort of fee?

#1232 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

Next to login at the top of the page :)

No, it's free.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#1233 Eärendur

Eärendur

The last High-King of Arnor.

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

One (more) suggestion that I have for Arnor is the fact that they have a Gondor Trebuchet, which in my opinion take away some of Arnors originality (they are already comprised of many units from other factions [Elves and Dunedain]). I think that they should have an Arnor Catapult, which could basically be a reskined Mordor Catapult, and instead of toggling between fireballs and corpses you could either not toggle and have to upgrade them with flaming munitions (or silverthorn munitions), or toggle between Deploy and Un-deploy like the Dwarven Demolisher, or both.
Another thing is that I can't spawn the Arnor Trebuchets in WotR mode and they don't even carry over onto the worldmap from a realtime battle. Is it just a problem with me? Or have other people experienced that too?

Sorry if I sounded rude, I'm still new to this,
Arnorite
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1234 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  Learned student and studier of lore

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

I've always said that Glorfindel should be in Arnor. He was a huge part of the defeat of Arnor. And Earnur should be in Arnor as well. If you want to talk like, years-to-death ratio in the game, Argeleb 1 and Arvedui Last King existed almost six hundred years apart from one another. =\ I've heard people say that the Ring shouldn't be able to bring back dead characters like Isildur or Erol or Elendil, but guys who lived six or seven hundred years apart from one another can fight together. Angmar can fight Rohan. You can resurrect dead heroes in your castle. XD But thats off topic.

Anyways. Glorfindel and Elrond should stay in Arnor!

'The Twilight of Man is nigh, and coming ever closer. The days have shortened into cold, forlorn darkness and sunrise to sundown is a bitter struggle for survival. But do not think for a moment that we shall not fight. We shall not go quietly into the dusk. We shall not throw down arms and flee, or surrender. We will go on, we will not falter. And even should we die, we shall make an end that will be remembered for thousands of years. For beautiful Arnor that is, for glorious Númenor that was! We are the Dúnedain, we are the Men of the North, and our foes will remember our steel!'

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

My political compass: http://www.political...=1.62&soc=-4.56 (A lot has changed.)

#1235 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

@arnorite
no, the treb bug isn't just you.

@lord_faramir
Glorfindel can be found in the Wotr fortress as a hero to build. :lol: Earnur is an odd one imo, considering hes from Gondor, their king and all. :crazed: Maybe as an Inn hero?

#1236 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

the time-period debate is not about who was alive to shake hands with whom. its about who was alive during which events. as far as im concerned, if a hero wasnt alive during the wotr (or fall of arnor in this case) then he/she shouldnt make it into the game, period.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1237 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:23 AM

Aye, I agree, Dalf. But all of the wars interconnect in some ways or another. The Last Alliance of Men and Elves could be seen as an extension of the War of the Ring if you look at it from a different point of view, or as the real beginning of the War of the Ring, actually.

Earnur might not belong in Arnor, yeah, not sure what I was thinking. He did come to the rescue of Arnor though, even if he was a bit late. XD But I'll always say that Glorfindel should be a recruitable in-game hero for Arnor because of how much he did.

And that Arnor should be a playable faction during the Fall of Arnor WotR mode. (Are there plans for that by the way?)

And one last thing I've been meaning to ask.
Are there plans to turn rename the soldiers and archers of Arnor?

They're named Dunedain Soldiers and Dunedain Archers. They would be better named Numenorean Soldiers and Numenorean Archers, or maybe Arnor Soldiers and Arnor Archers instead.

Edited by Lord_Faramir, 17 March 2009 - 02:31 AM.

'The Twilight of Man is nigh, and coming ever closer. The days have shortened into cold, forlorn darkness and sunrise to sundown is a bitter struggle for survival. But do not think for a moment that we shall not fight. We shall not go quietly into the dusk. We shall not throw down arms and flee, or surrender. We will go on, we will not falter. And even should we die, we shall make an end that will be remembered for thousands of years. For beautiful Arnor that is, for glorious Númenor that was! We are the Dúnedain, we are the Men of the North, and our foes will remember our steel!'

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

My political compass: http://www.political...=1.62&soc=-4.56 (A lot has changed.)

#1238 Eärendur

Eärendur

The last High-King of Arnor.

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:46 AM

In total agreement there!
Also in regards to the whole Earnur thing, Arnor should be able to purchase an alliance with Gondor at the Inn (and maybe visa versa, with Arnor units and an Arnor hero), where you could recruit Earnur, Gondor Soldiers, Gondor Archers and Gondor Knights. I mean they were sister kingdoms and they fought together in the Battle of the Last Alliance and after the Fall of Arnor Gondor did come to kick the Witch-King from Fornost.
I never understood why you couldn't buy alliances at the Inn as Arnor. Which remind me that in my opinion all the Inns on a map should be separate, so that you could capture more than one Inn and buy more than one alliance, and so that if the enemy captures an Inn you could both have alliances.

Edited by Arnorite, 17 March 2009 - 04:47 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1239 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:45 AM

Well, Rob has a lot on his plate with this mod, as do the other guys working on it. And the Inn system, from what I've heard about it, is a real bitch to program and fix right. I hope within a few patch releases, they'll have it fixed up good. But the Inn system is going to be weird with the Elves. What if you want to use Arnor as a friendly faction?

I guess you could, seeing as how the same Elves would've been alive...it would only be like the Elves asking for help from Arnor, pretty much. It wouldn't be that different. But Gondor couldn't call for Arnor, I'd think. I mean, this games version of Gondor is what, two thousand years apart from Arnor. Maybe Arnor could call for Gondor, if you added a custom hero or two just for the inn system, for Gondor...

Boromir and Faramir and Aragorn of Gondor fighting side-by-side with Argeleb I and Arvedui Last King of Arnor doesn't seem very canon now, does it? XD

Anyways.

Yeah, I think they'll have a custom inn system set up for every faction sooner or later. It should be pretty great.

Edited by Lord_Faramir, 17 March 2009 - 05:56 AM.

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

#1240 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Aye, I agree, Dalf. But all of the wars interconnect in some ways or another. The Last Alliance of Men and Elves could be seen as an extension of the War of the Ring if you look at it from a different point of view, or as the real beginning of the War of the Ring, actually.

now that reasoning is just silly, its nothing but semantics. as long as im here to do anything about it, the time periods are being kept separate.

But I'll always say that Glorfindel should be a recruitable in-game hero for Arnor because of how much he did.

as far as i know, you have a lot of support on this issue, so it'll probably get done eventually.

And that Arnor should be a playable faction during the Fall of Arnor WotR mode. (Are there plans for that by the way?)

this will probably get done eventually as well, but not for a looong time. way too much stuff that is ahead of this on the to-do-list.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users