• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#421 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

If I was a skinner I would, but I can't. I'm no modder, I'm an imaginer.

I found somewhere in one of the movie books I have that one of them had some kind of emblem on their forehead, that sort of resembled an eye, possibly an emblem of Sauron, I could design it for you, when I find it again.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#422 Bengamey

Bengamey
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

Your second concept for the fortress is awesome and I love your buildings. I want to play those goblins now! (and thanks for the cauldron)

#423 Adamin

Adamin
  • Project Team
  • 180 posts
  • Projects:Edain Mod
  •  Skinner, 2D-Artist, Isengard-Freak

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

There're just enough orcish emblems from the movie, that don't resemble the red eye. You just have to search for them.
Dunno how to describe them, though...

This should be known: http://www.flaggenpa...ges/orc_big.jpg
I think it's supposed to be the skull moon of Minas Morgul, but this is just a theory.

Then there is also one that resembles a dragons head, and one that looks like a screaming face with some kind of spider legs on each side (would be a good Dol Guldur banner in my opinion). And I remember one, that looks like an animals skull.

I gathered them once but I don't know where I left them on my computer. ^^
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien-
"Obstacles are those terrible things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
-Unknown-

#424 Wanderer∞

Wanderer∞

title available

• Members
  • 273 posts
  •  Movie Critic

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:50 PM

Love the new fortress Uruk!
And I like the new banner idea as well.

I think most would agree that the fortress power should be the drum, but its affects still need to be debated. For instance, my ideas are 1) a map-wide boost in damage and speed with fear on the enemies, 2) a boost in production speed permanently (not like the pp but maybe like a 40-50% increase in speed), and 3) something to do with the balrog, like increasing his duration or increasing damage or even increasing his size to match something more like the movies, so in a sense its like the istari arnor power.
Posted Image
How 'bout a magic trick?

"Never give up. Never surrender."
-Captain Jason Nesmith

#425 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

Do goblins even have call the horde in this beta? I can't remember, but I know rob was intending to remove it.

I like the that idea the best, but maybe it could only affect caves within a certain radius of the fortress, instead of being mapwide.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#426 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:47 PM

These are all terrific ideas. As of now the Goblin faction imo is so utterly pathetic and pointless to play. (The EA one) Rob did a decent job shaping it up a little bit. Loves Uruk's fortress. Looks amazing. Now i do think the faction should be renamed to Moria like in SEE if they are going to use the fortress because they use old dwarven architecture. I also think the faction needs new heroes. Bolg should be added, and maybe the Great Goblin. Who cares if they are dead, because Azog is dead as well. Also for the RJ maps with the fortresses it would be nice if the towers built on the build plots were a more scaled down version of the Goblin Battle tower, because they do look to Isengardish.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#427 Wanderer∞

Wanderer∞

title available

• Members
  • 273 posts
  •  Movie Critic

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:02 AM

Honestly I think the goblin tower needs to be re-skinned as well, but I really could care either way.

And as for the Call the Hoard pp, I dont know. I dont really ever plays as goblins, but if it was removed then I guess it could kinda be added to the fortress power. If thats the case then the way I see is the drum permanently increases goblin production speed but has a rechargeable power of Call the Hoard which does what it always has
Posted Image
How 'bout a magic trick?

-Captain Jason Nesmith

#428 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:20 AM

Goblins do have Call the Horde yes.

#429 Wanderer∞

Wanderer∞

title available

• Members
  • 273 posts
  •  Movie Critic

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:41 AM

What would replace call of the horde?
Posted Image
How 'bout a magic trick?

-Captain Jason Nesmith

#430 Gr1m

Gr1m
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:12 AM

Now i do think the faction should be renamed to Moria like in SEE if they are going to use the fortress because they use old dwarven architecture.

Basically everywhere the Goblins took over was old Dwarven halls, not just Moria. Mount Gundabad was the birthplace of the Dwarves, so it would have been a considerably dwarven city at some point or another imo. Possibly even Goblin-Town could have once been Dwarf occupied. The 'back door' didn't really sound very Gobliny to me.

Besides which, Dragons, Mountain Giants and Spiders aren't exactly very Moria-ey.

#431 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

Perhaps a replacement of Call the Horde (which as a fortress power should be renamed to Drums in the Deep) could be a sort of "Fear" power that sends everyone in a small area running, including your troops? Something like "Balrog's Ire" for a name (yes, I meant IRE. For non-English speakers, it means anger)... it would be good for cleaning out large groups of enemy troops bottlenecking places, or attacking a hero.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#432 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

Aye but if missused on your troops, it can cause your forces to become useless. But all the same it sounds like a good idea :mellow:

Posted Image

#433 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

^ That was actually the point of it. Everyone is terrified of the Balrog, and that can be a two-edged sword. :mellow:

#434 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

True, but would that be possible for Heroes to react so as well? If it's possible coding wise ok, but just saying considering they're immune to the fear and terror powers.

#435 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:12 PM

If the heroes were to be affected, it should be a delayed reaction.

*goblins run away*

Boromir: What is this new devilry?

Gandalf: [over 12 seconds] A Balrog of Morgoth, a demon of the ancient world. This foe is beyond any of you... RUN!

*Fellowship runs*

I'm not sure if that counts as resist fear or Gandalf having a drawn-out line, though. ;)

#436 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

That wasn't fear, that was a tactical retreat!

I think it would be a fine addittion to the Goblins, it would give them an edge no other evil faction has, if slighty OP in a good way. There should be some sort of warning, like a loud Balgorg bellow before all effected units start succumbing to fear.

Posted Image

#437 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK Mapping Team
  •  Loremaster

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:52 AM

I love the new ideas for their buildings. The EA ones are rubish

#438 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:52 AM

I like this idea. :good: I can see it now: Soldier fighting against Goblins. Epic battle going on but then it goes silent. "What's going on? *Balrog roar* "Oh shi-" :D

I was thinking on my Wild Uruk idea the other day and came up with another name, Uruk Ferals. iirc also, Half-Troll also means foreign, so the Half-Troll announcement can still stay.

#439 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

Could the Goblins not get the Tainted Land spell? They weren't about defense anyway, and though they may have been as destructive for their own purposes as Mordor orcs, it just leans to close towards Mordor, they need something else.

Posted Image

#440 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

I've always kind of wondered why the higher PP powers are always "bigger and badder," with progressively longer recharge times. For this fear power, how about a very fast recharging 12 PP spell to replace Call the Horde, which affects units in a small area. Essentially Shelob's fear power, except faster recharging.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users