#81 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

it would be good if the mahud chieftan could mount mumakil, i hope this is going to be an option would be really useful

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#82 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:18 PM

that is tough to do modeling wise
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#83 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:22 PM

It is tough to do as a model, but the idea that I was playing with would be not that he could mount a mumakil in the sense that Eomer, Gandalf, Theoden, etc. can mount a horse. He would be able to mount a mumakil the same way that the haradfrim lancers & archers could mount the Mumakil.

But at a higher level I've been toying with the capability of letting him summon his own personal mumakil. He would only be able to have 1 on the map at a time, but he then would be able to summon his mount and then climb on board.

Edited by robnkarla, 27 July 2007 - 08:22 PM.

#84 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:25 PM

sounds good but i am thinking it would have a major recharge time
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#85 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:30 PM

Yes, it would have a major recharge time and I also want it so you cannot use it twice without the mumakil dying. I'm playing around with the coding so nothing is set, but that is where I would like to head.

Also, he will also have bonuses to Oliphants and Mumakils that are near. So while Evil Men currently does not have a long distance siege, a major part of the siege is not added. (Oliphant horde as well)

#86 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

or you could have it grayed out till the mauakia dies and then have a recharge after the mumak dies
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#87 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

Hm, I remember you said there will be an oliphaunt horde (3 smaller mumaks without tower), and I see beside mumaks also oliphaunts in the ini. Does this mean they are already coded but not in-game yet?
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#88 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

the Rhun barracks is dancing, when it's heavily damaged. The Mahud chieftain has elven powers. Evil Men have Gondor Music in battles.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 Dzhon

Dzhon
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

Consider making Wainriders a single larger unit like the Battlewagon. I think this would both look and perform better in game. Those ponies are little bright too.

If you really wanted to think out of the box with the "Evil Men," consider giving them an option to "see the light" and have a branching tech tree that makes players choose between an FoL or FoD orientation once they they start teching up. My understanding is that the Haradrim and maybe even the Easterlings had some legitmate gripes against the Men of Numenor that halped sway them towards allegiance to Sauron. Didn't Gandalf even travel to Harad to try to steer them away from Mordor?

I think at least one mod has one Blue Wizard remaining true to the Istari Order while another became corrupted.

Edit: it was the Wars of the East mod that has one Good and one Evil Blue Wizard.

Edited by Dzhon, 01 August 2007 - 07:37 PM.

Posted Image

#90 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

thats an interesting idea, but the men of harad/rhun hav been 'corrupted/evil' 4 a long tim, even b4 the wotr, so it wuld b kinda odd 4 them 2 just switch after so long.
def agree w/ the wainriders, they look lik chariots from heaven they r so bright lol. making it individual wuld b kool 2.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#91 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:58 AM

I really liked how how Wars of the East mod did do that though with the Blue Wizards. One of them was good while the other was evil. Pallando in Wars of the East was the evil one who went to the East, and became a powerful figure, while Alatar stayed with the Elves. Rob have you decided what Powers the Blue Wizards will have?
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#92 Dzhon

Dzhon
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:53 AM

My idea was a little far fetched, I know, but I still think it would be interesting to have a faction like this. In terms of storyline, it is possible. Faramir pondered whether his slain Haradrim enemy was really so irredeemably evil, and there were those Druedain "Wildmen" who helped Theoden's army pass unimpeded through the forest. In general, I always got the impression that the Haradrim served Sauron out of a mixture of greed and a desire to avenge past injustices at the hands of Gondor. It's a little dicier with the Easterlings, since Sauron had a stronghold in Rhun which he inhabited between his defeat at the hands of the Last Alliance and the building of Dol Goldur.

The fate of the Blue Wizards is ultimately unclear too. One possibility is that they were corrupted and founded magic cults, etc., but another was that they were somewhat successful in fomenting rebellion against Sauron's domination as not all of Rhun and Harad answered his call to arms.

You could even leave some Rhun/Harad units with Mordor but still creating a separate faction anyway:

My reasoning: the Easterlings and Haradrim were not unified nations but rather loose confederations of tribes that frequently fought among themselves. I'm no Tolkien buff, but did Gandalf have faint hopes of dissuading the Haradrim (and maybe the Easterlings) from joining w/ Sauron? So...having SoRs, Haradrim, and Mumakil present in both the Mordor and a hypothetical Rhun/Harad faction wouldn't be all that strange.

Anyway, just an idea to make an "Evil Men" faction really stand out from others.
Posted Image

#93 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:10 AM

intresting idea Dzhon. I kind of like it. Very...intriguing

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#94 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:27 AM

im kinda skeptical, but id lik 2 c wer it culd go...

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#95 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

i dont no... i mean i rllly never minded it when they layered units/heroes between factions minimally, like WK in both Angmar and Mordor, cause it has a great logical sense to it... but about these units just being ther in two places for no substantial reason? I think the more ideal way for MOrdor to get their Evil Men Allies to provide some help is either through powers, or through the inn? I mean personally i think that that would rlly be the only way to provide the new Evil Men faction with some of their own real "meat" if u get wut im sayin'..... :tongevil:

Also rob im not sure if ne one has pointed out the really suitable unit to take on the Siege role for EVil Men, but i wus thinking of say some sort of Scorpio-ballista-ish catapault (<-actually i got this idea from some wher, a source i can't remember :battery: either from a friend of mine who loved writing up factions, or from my other friend who loved writing up factions :wacko: ) ne wayz it could either be mounted on any type of mumak. or just "driven" by men... ur call - but i personally dont think a "catapault" on top of a mumak is too easy to picture :ninja:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

hey sponintz if you took the time to read over your posts to make them be readable it would be greatly appricated thanks :ninja:
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#97 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

i dont c the point in mounting a siege weapon on top of a siege weapon. thats lik puttin a catapult on top of a battering ram.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#98 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:11 AM

i dont c the point in mounting a siege weapon on top of a siege weapon. thats lik puttin a catapult on top of a battering ram. <- whoa actually , thats a pretty creative idea lol and we coudl name it either the "Battapult" or the Cattering Ram? :cool:

well yea, so i personally prefer a separate seige that goes around like the common ones (but is still unique to some extent in how it is used). But i've never been in much favor of an mumak/oliphaunt siege (and even more so for a new horde version) .... something just seems awkward about a gaint elephant charing at your fortress (which is like same size lol) and smashing it down at once... i mean not only does a group of oliphaunts in a horde seem unnatural, but the mumakils can prettty much already do siege (altho rob may have to change it around a bit) so i was thinking something entirely new?

o and....

hey sponintz if you took the time to read over your posts to make them be readable it would be greatly appricated thanks

actually thats the the first time i've heard the same around in places like gr.org either....dry: supposedly, i need grammar lessons, and "need to use paragraphs" :p and sometimes i make too long a' posts, but then again im not allowed to double post! :spam: i mean i don't get it waht is it about my writing that makes it so confuzing??? :grin:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#99 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:55 AM

sum of ur spellings r off, perhaps its just typos. u kinda use a lot of commas, and u hav yet 2 discover the semicolon; a wonderful little piece of punctuation. u also hav sum oddly structured sentences sumtimes. for example:

i dont no... i mean i rllly never minded it when they layered units/heroes between factions minimally, like WK in both Angmar and Mordor, cause it has a great logical sense to it... but about these units just being ther in two places for no substantial reason?

and the longer the posts, the mor problems ppl hav w/ them bc they get annoyed whil readin and thers mor stuff in ther 2 criticize. also, if u get into the habit of makin rly long posts, u get started rambling and ur sentences stop makin sense (c above example).

c, iv become subject 2 my own statement! well i guess ill shutup now lol.
no hard feelings man :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#100 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:05 AM

hey sponintz if you took the time to read over your posts to make them be readable it would be greatly appricated thanks

actually thats the the first time i've heard the same around in places like gr.org either....dry: supposedly, i need grammar lessons, and "need to use paragraphs" :lol: and sometimes i make too long a' posts, but then again im not allowed to double post! :) i mean i don't get it waht is it about my writing that makes it so confuzing??? :sad2:

puncuation helps a whole lot, as well as spelling stuff out and being less random with how you organize ur posts :lol:

Edited by YodaWarrior, 03 August 2007 - 04:06 AM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users