#81 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:26 PM

Drop the attitude. You seem to know it all better.
I'll start with one: The Nazgûl names where invented by Iron Crown Enterprises, they where working closely together with Tolkien Estates and had made it a point of providing quality gaming material that was able to be considered 'secondary source', without contain contradictions to any publicised works of Tolkien and keeping as much in line as possible. So even if invented, it's about as accurate as possible.
Next up: We once had Rohan builders, and dropped them for a simple reason: The hardcoded AI can only make use of a single builder type. That would be crippling for the AI of MotW, making it impossible to have them as an enemy faction.
And some more: Hobbits already are the cheapest and fastest to build unit in the game. And they are good too. Eagle and Fellbeast spam is exactly what we want to avoid. We are even going to reduce the numbers more. And wtf why exactly would the WK's fellbeast hang around Isengard?

How about presenting your demands as humble requests? And what makes you think we haven't noticed that there are heroes of non-dwarven origin in the dwarven faction? We put them there! For a reason! The only thing i may have not noticed until now is that it is apparently a reason for you to be annoyed about it. :p

Some of your suggestions are good, but:
It's almost always a good thing to present ideas to integrate or to suggest things that could make the game better. But next time it would be good if a) you read up on what we have already changed/integrated and the reasons for it, and b) increase your chances of being taken seriously by using a different approach of presenting your ideas and integrating them into what's already there, including the reasons for it.

Duh!

And while you are at it, here are some helpful links:

Links to Read:

And most importantly, read this:

Thank you for listening.

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 18 November 2007 - 09:33 PM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#82 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:07 AM

Obviously, when units "enter" the fortress the "slave" units would fight them, sometimes defending it and killing all the attackers. On the walls, and in the courtyard. This could also give an opportunity to make fortresses Larger. Also there could be upgrades that put the slave units there and give you guards in the fortress who respawn to defend it and stuff.

I know that that won't work, but I know that in the BFME 1 Elvenstar mod there was a hero that you could recuit (Cirdan, if you wanted to know) who would walk around the building. Would it be possible to, instead have a unit (or units) that would patrol the fortress and be pretty strong?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#83 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:11 AM

Isn't there the patrol function built in already? You plot where you want them to go and select Execute. Then they patrol and engage anything they autoacquire in the patrol process.

Is that sort of what you mean?

Edited 2x (I did the first one wrong from memory...): in case anyone wants this, here is how to set your heroes, etc to "Patrol" and engage/attack while on patrol and return to patrolling after battle automatically....

Left click on who you want to have patrol. You can select multiple units by boxing or using Shift+Left Click

Press Z on keyboard; Sub window pops open on screen

Right-click the route you want them to patrol and the last right click, click back on the first mapped point.
Then click "Execute" on sub window

Now they will run that route, engage etc and continue until you click Z and select Delete Action or you click the unit(s) and press S for Stop.

Edited by av8r, 19 November 2007 - 10:18 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#84 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:56 AM

ehh....make it kinda like lairs almost...just not so spiratic on patrol.

having peasants do that with farms (already know you guys like this particularly awesome idea of Sul's =D) would...well, yeah. parenthesis took care of dat 1.

Edited by Garrison Nomad, 19 November 2007 - 05:56 AM.

If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#85 dragontamer

dragontamer
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:00 AM

What I really miss from BFME 1 is the units celebrating at a victorious game over. I believe all or most humanoid units have a joy emotion for when heroes approach. Could this be activated when the victory condition is met?

They did this after a lot of moments didn't they? Surviving a battle, and capturing buildings? Even a heroic statue?

#86 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:24 AM

Totally forgot about it. Yeah, i'll look into the old BfMe1 victory scripts.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#87 Jewbacca

Jewbacca
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:12 AM

im getting bored with the CAH options. there should be some more armor and weapons and such

#88 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:23 AM

Search the main forums for that, and you'll find a topic where a small collaboration of modders at T3A are thinking about that. Personally I find CaH totally unfitting and I never use them anyways. They also seem to cause some crashes in mods... I hate CaH =p

@Balroog: Do listen to Sûl ^ and do try to formulate your next post/request in a MUCH more humble way... Respect - that's the code we live by here ;p

Edited by Nazgûl, 20 November 2007 - 09:25 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#89 Jewbacca

Jewbacca
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

i kinda like the CAHs. theyve gotten me out of tight situations before. its fun havin a unit that you created in the game. but they are insanely powerful

i guess i have more fun picking out their armor than actuallu using them :p

i definately agree that they cause crashes and i could live without them.

#90 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:24 PM

Yeah creating them is fun,but i dont need to play them :p

Edited by elbenmensch, 21 November 2007 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#91 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:25 PM

YEah, we're gonna have to make an executive descision about CaH pretty soon, unless "we" (Sûl) can solve the darn fuggin crash bug crap (sorry for those words, lol) that we're having now upon relaoding saved games. It seems like the crash is related to CaH somehow, and if we can't solve it, I want CaH out. It's not worth the instability of the game... :/ But anyways, this is not the thread to discuss that :p Go to Support Forums if you wanna read about this CaH matter =)

EDIT: I do agree on the Create part... That is fun. Kinda like Sims, hehe

Edited by Nazgûl, 21 November 2007 - 01:28 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#92 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:56 AM

well at least with CAH out the skins and such can be used for heroes and other units.

I was having a map related thought today and thought Id share my brain storm with you all, Would it be possible to make the gondor fortress from bfme1 a capturable building, like the outpost, inn, etc? I was thinking for Cair Andros it would be unique to have that fortress built and placed on the Island as a point of interest. this way 2 players could fight over the fortress in the center. this would follow the war of the ring history as well. the fortress was lost to mordor and then retaken after the battle of the pellenor. It wouldnt need any of the trebs or towers because it wouldnt look right if a mordor player took the fortress and could build trebs with gondor soldiers operating them, :dry: the only thing needed to make it work is ownership of the walls and the gate or maybe just the gate and the walls could be neutral. let me know what you think.

#93 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 06:42 AM

been reading the forums and noticed the thing about the wargs looking like hyenas when they should't, anyway found a wolf type that might work, i think it's from the 4 ages mod but not sure, will check out tomorrow. (picture below) posted this here because it affects both isengard and moria.

Posted Image

Edited by Thorongil45, 22 November 2007 - 06:43 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#94 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:53 PM

Judging from the Orcs that looks like 4 Ages mod =) And the Wolfes are the free roaming wolfes you see on some maps. Cleaver useage. I wonder how they solved the anims though. Personally I would like to use the RotWK-wolfes for Moria and keep the Wargs for Isengard and mix in the grey skins we have for Moria now...

@NJM: Interesting thought... *noted* =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#95 Jewbacca

Jewbacca
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:03 AM

new unit:
Rohan Royal Guard

for those of you that dont know, the royal guard was the personal bodyguards of the king. one of the few positions in the rohan army that was a career. theoden had about 50 during his reign. they were trained to figth on horseback, on foot, and could use bows.

this would be an elite rohirrim battalion. there should like only 2 battalions able to be produced
it would be awesome if they could dismount and fight on foot, and switch between swords and bows on foot and horseback. a spear throw power would be pretty awesome too.

#96 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

Could you make banner carriers a single unit and rename them (faction name) captain, but for Mordor and Moria rename the banner carriers chieftain and give all of them leadership?

#97 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:30 AM

Give Frodo the ring.
Take away hero CP.
I like the hunting lodge idea.

#98 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:42 AM

Frodo having the ring would make the whole Ring System a bit pointless wouldn't it?
Posted Image

#99 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:13 AM

Dont know that heroes cost command points, do they?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#100 Jewbacca

Jewbacca
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:49 AM

heros dont cost command points. thats what i love about SEE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users