Photo

Comments & Suggestions for Beta V!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
451 replies to this topic

#121 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:41 PM

Hi, I think that every fraction should have at least two siege weapons, ex. rohan battling ram, gondor bolt thrower, dwarven siege tower?, elven ladder, etc. What do you think

#122 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

In the movies Sauron greatly feared that sword because of what it did to him in the past and he believed it held some sort of power against him (which it pretty much did).

#1 Anduril had no power against Sauron. Sauron was not even fighting against Aragorn ever. (Who to be completely accurate, did not even fight at the battle of the Black Gates. If you read the books, it tells you that he was standing at the top of a hil watching and directing the battle.)
#2 Also, Sauron did not fear the sword so much as the fact that an heir to the kings of Gondor and Arnor was still alive.
#3 Aragorn's Elendil power does not even have anything to do with Anduril anyway. He is just shouting his battlecry. Sauron wouldn't be affected by this because he killed Elendil.
#4 Sauron is the cockiest b*****d in Middle-earth. He's not going to be scared by some paltry human (even if he is the rightful heir to the thrones of Gondor and Arnor) screaming the name of a man he killed hundreds of years ago.

Edited by LordEcthelion, 30 November 2007 - 01:10 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#123 WingSephiroth

WingSephiroth
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:57 AM

i like see, i have alot of problems rite now but im not asking for help.
i just wonder, why dont you put see in an install file?
it would be lots more easier to install, it will even look professional.
the end.

#124 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:49 AM

there may be problems with an installer (remember the game.dat mistake).So its easyer to make it yourself in my opinion
Posted Image
Posted Image

#125 Soviet

Soviet
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

#1 Anduril had no power against Sauron. Sauron was not even fighting against Aragorn ever. (Who to be completely accurate, did not even fight at the battle of the Black Gates. If you read the books, it tells you that he was standing at the top of a hil watching and directing the battle.)
#2 Also, Sauron did not fear the sword so etc...

yea...got you...

anyway, I know why you have the battalions of units limited for elite units and I'm totally fine with that, it adds a lot of strategy to the game, but I also like huge battles. I tend to pump up command point limits to 2x or higher sometimes. Would it be possible to implement a system where when you set the command point limit higher, the amount of elite units you could build would increase as well? ex: 1x : 2 Battalions, 2x: 4 Battalions 8x: 16 Battalions, etc.
Posted Image

#126 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:56 PM

doubt that's possible..

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#127 orcabn

orcabn
  • New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

Hi, I am new. Anyways, I was the
guest who posted at the top of the page. I will repeat what I said. I think that every fraction should have at least two siege weapons, mainly moria, elves and men. Some of my ideas are:

for men:

1. rohan battering ram
2. gondor bolt thrower

for elves;

1. elven ladder
2. elven battering ram

for moria:

1. ladder( it's in the movie)
2. not sure any ideas?

I also have one idea for the dwarves:

dwarven siege tower.

It would have a mordor-like model with a more stone-like skin. Those are my ideas, tell me what you think

Edited by orcabn, 01 December 2007 - 11:01 PM.

#128 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:05 PM

I am curious about your reasoning. Hopefully it's not to equalize the factions. Keeping them a bit different would be nice, as there are a lot of things that we have added or are about to (like wallupgrades) that already puts them closer together. And i which scene did you see goblins use a ladder? And what would they need it for in the game, seeing they can climb walls without a ladder?

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#129 orcabn

orcabn
  • New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:14 PM

I am curious about your reasoning. Hopefully it's not to equalize the factions. Keeping them a bit different would be nice, as there are a lot of things that we have added or are about to (like wallupgrades) that already puts them closer together. And i which scene did you see goblins use a ladder? And what would they need it for in the game, seeing they can climb walls without a ladder?

Well in the fellowship of the ring in moria when the fellowship is walking through, you see at some of the shots of the cliffs, ladders left there by the orcs. I was just thinking of ideas for more siege weapons for fractions that only have one, because one type of siege weapon can not do everything. I am only trying to help. Sorry.

#130 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:27 AM

orcabn, sul wasn't getting mad at you or anything but ladders wouldn't work that well in bfme2 (non-walk on walls) and helping is what this topic is here for, but not all suggestions are going to be used or even considered by the SEE team.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#131 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:55 AM

Well in the fellowship of the ring in moria when the fellowship is walking through, you see at some of the shots of the cliffs, ladders left there by the orcs. I was just thinking of ideas for more siege weapons for fractions that only have one, because one type of siege weapon can not do everything. I am only trying to help. Sorry.

Hehe yes, don't dispair Orcabn! :xcahik_: Sûl was not mad - he was just asking counter questions :p Sometimes we (both him and me) tend to sound annoyed, and sometimes we are, but this was not one of them. :crazed: As long as you post politely like you did, you are welcome to leave as many suggestions as you like. The "only" rule we have is that you must realize that even if we read them all, we might not accept them into the ToDo List :xcahik_:

Now, about the siege machines. For the time being I find most factions to have enough. But we might toy with something of that for later on. Ladders for Moria won't happen though since the ladders you see in the movie are not made or put there by the orcs (goblins) but rather by the Dwarves who inhabited Moria before it was overrun by the goblins. And indeed the goblins would not need them since they already climb most things with ease =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#132 orcabn

orcabn
  • New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:38 AM

Hehe yes, don't dispair Orcabn! :xcahik_: Sûl was not mad - he was just asking counter questions :crazed: Sometimes we (both him and me) tend to sound annoyed, and sometimes we are, but this was not one of them. :xcahik_: As long as you post politely like you did, you are welcome to leave as many suggestions as you like. The "only" rule we have is that you must realize that even if we read them all, we might not accept them into the ToDo List :)

Now, about the siege machines. For the time being I find most factions to have enough. But we might toy with something of that for later on. Ladders for Moria won't happen though since the ladders you see in the movie are not made or put there by the orcs (goblins) but rather by the Dwarves who inhabited Moria before it was overrun by the goblins. And indeed the goblins would not need them since they already climb most things with ease =)

Understandable! Well I try to do that and I understand what you are saying, just tossing ideas around. :p

#133 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:47 AM

It would be interesting if the giant eagles could pick up rocks and then drop them on the battlefield, and perhaps the isengard fells could do the same.

#134 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:54 AM

nice idea, sounds like the pic on filefront. :good: like that idea lots. it'd give the good sides and isengard something extra.

Edited by Thorongil45, 02 December 2007 - 07:55 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#135 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:01 AM

On the new maps there are sadly no ROCK_VENDOR objects like you had in BfMe1, so for it to work, a ROCK model would have to be integrated into the GiantBird's models, or else lots of ROCK_VENDOR objects introduced on every map.

There is something i have been thinking about putting back in though. In BfMe1, many buildings (if not all) could be 'salvaged' for throwable parts, damaging it in the process. Ents could rip out chunks (with a special ability) and throw them at enemies (remember the good campaign map at Isengard?).

I might reintroduce this feature some time in the future, but it will require a lot of recoding of all the structures. But if i am at it, i think i can add this ability to GiantBirds as well. :good:

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#136 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:09 AM

I haven't tested it yet, but are Moriagoblins able to climb over Helms Deep/Minas TIrith Walls?
In the normal game they weren't able, but I think they should be able to climb this walls, but therefore they get no thing like ladder. (I don't like ladders for goblins)
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#137 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:11 AM

I suppose they really should be able to do that. *making note*

#138 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:20 PM

It would be interesting if the giant eagles could pick up rocks and then drop them on the battlefield, and perhaps the isengard fells could do the same.

Rocks? Ack! My poor Tolkien! :good:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#139 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

lol yes your pic Thorongil :good:

Now if you'll all excuse me I'm going to search these forums as to why we can't create walkable walls :umad:

Edit: Found it :(
A shame though, I mean we are taking stuff from Bfme1, why not learn or take walls from that game to find out how to make them, but well if Sûl AND Naz say it, it can't be done :xcahik_:

Edited by Wundai, 02 December 2007 - 01:17 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#140 orcabn

orcabn
  • New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:52 PM

Hey guys! I just thought up a great anti-wall/siege unit for evil men.

The Haradrim Sabatoger(not sure how you spell it )

It would be a two man unit that would have one purpose, to sabatoge walls and bring them down. They would hit with a hammer the weak spots and it would fall down.

what do you think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users