• This topic is locked This topic is locked
451 replies to this topic

#141 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

nice idea, sounds like the pic on filefront. :good: like that idea lots. it'd give the good sides and isengard something extra.

hehe that what inspired me.

if someone had to go through and add the Rock_vendor objects to all the maps I could do it, if it comes to that.

#142 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:50 PM

hehe that what inspired me.

really? thanks! :umad: thats actually my picture! really glad it inspired you! :good: :xcahik_:

Edited by Thorongil45, 02 December 2007 - 07:50 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#143 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:52 PM

Hey a New Idea/Suggestion:

Remember in Vanilla BFME2 arrows would sometimes STAY for a couple of seconds within the body when they hit it?

How about exploiting this feature/error ( <- :thumbsupsmiley: ) and make "FIRE" arrows stay within buildings?
So what I am actually suggesting is making Archers able to fire arrows at a building ONLY when the fire upgrade has been purchased, and with the arrows staying and not dissapearing it would look realistic, like the building is set to flames by fire arrows. In my opinion lag wouldn't be much of a problem since the sticking arrows are a 2d model. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#144 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:54 PM

We already have that. You can only attack structures with archers, if they have either fire arrows or silverthorn arrows. The trouble with burning buildings is just putting the FlammableUpdate into all of them and then make the damage received as well as the burn duration somewhat balanced. Of course all burning structures will need some flame FX installed when burning as well. A bit of work ahead. I believe it has even been on our ToDo list for quite some time. :thumbsupsmiley:

Oh and arrows do still stay sticking out of an enemies body for a short while. I think the duration has got something to do with your graphics settings as well as the number of objects already rendered every frame.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#145 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's Special Extended Edition (Player)
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:50 PM

I want to be able to climb onto Mumikil and kill the haradrim on it, but that's just me. :sleep:
Posted Image

The Valar had to nerf Dwarves, or we would of taken over the world before it even began... :D

#146 WingSephiroth

WingSephiroth
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

i found some bugs while playing with the nine nazgul (my favourites):

1. when all nine nazgul are on horses running in one direction, and i decide to attack someone behind them, they continue to do the horse running animation but stay in the same spot and dont attack anyone! anoying :( lol

2. when i group the nine nazgul as ctrl+1 (incl witch king) and then toggle them to fell beast or mounted or on foot, they just get out of the grouping... :(

yeah...

also, it would be cool if you could highlight all nazgul and witchking and make the toggle mounts and fellbeasts together, because the witchkings always the odd one out. :sleep: and like when theyre all on fell beasts and you want to make them all unmount their fell beast at the same time.

and maybe when the nazgul are on the fell beasts they can fly down to the ground like summoned dragons (though without any arms :evgr:) and attack by whipping their tail like the witchking did to theoden. then maybe the fellbeasts can be mounted and unmounted like horses! wouldnt it be nice? dah dah dah dah.... cadbury.

another suggestion i have always ponders is if giant eagles could be mounted by heroes or can carry heroes, like when the eagles with gandalf saved frodo and sam from the fires of mount doom...

yep! it would be nice if these were considered! thanks! ;)

#147 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:12 AM

i found some bugs while playing with the nine nazgul (my favourites):

1. when all nine nazgul are on horses running in one direction, and i decide to attack someone behind them, they continue to do the horse running animation but stay in the same spot and dont attack anyone! anoying :( lol

2. when i group the nine nazgul as ctrl+1 (incl witch king) and then toggle them to fell beast or mounted or on foot, they just get out of the grouping... :(

yeah...

If you want to help us notice and fix them, post bug reports in the BugHunt-Thread.

also, it would be cool if you could highlight all nazgul and witchking and make the toggle mounts and fellbeasts together, because the witchkings always the odd one out. :sleep: and like when theyre all on fell beasts and you want to make them all unmount their fell beast at the same time.

and maybe when the nazgul are on the fell beasts they can fly down to the ground like summoned dragons (though without any arms :evgr:) and attack by whipping their tail like the witchking did to theoden. then maybe the fellbeasts can be mounted and unmounted like horses! wouldnt it be nice? dah dah dah dah.... cadbury.

another suggestion i have always ponders is if giant eagles could be mounted by heroes or can carry heroes, like when the eagles with gandalf saved frodo and sam from the fires of mount doom...

yep! it would be nice if these were considered! thanks! ;)

They already have been considered.

The WK stands out, because of his scale issue (his size when a pedestrian), so he still uses the old mounting modules, which are making the WK's mounting and the Nazgûl's mounting very different powers, which can't be triggered at the same time.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#148 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:44 PM

Ok thanks for the reply on my post Sûl :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#149 Guest_thedestroyer_*

Guest_thedestroyer_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:15 AM

It'll be great if you will add some replies for Witch-King from RotWK. Like "I bring death to the West", "Die now", "My hour has come" and some others. Really, guys, it'll be GREAT. And better Screech for him too. And, aaaaaa... I think it'll better if nazguls will be able to fly on the fellbeast from first rank :p

#150 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:24 AM

That are suggestions again:P
But:
The soudns of RotW are bad.
I don't think a Nazgul sounded like that...
And If they could mount Fellbeasts at Level 1 it would be very imbalanced and they would be to strong.
And look at the films: First they were the black Riders on horses. First in LotR II they began to use these fellbeasts.
So I think it's great as it is now
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#151 King_of_Blades

King_of_Blades
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:22 AM

Maybe add an option to add/not to add flyboys? Personally, I find it quite irritating to create a massive army and have it demolished by The Nine, or two Giant Eagles (if playing against Elves), or Drogoth.

However, one thing I do realize is that to disable flyboys, it would be to disable The Nine altogether... :p

Sorry, this was my post. Forgot my log-in information. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

92% of today's teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this to your signature.

#152 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:32 AM

^ You're just not totally familiar on how to counter attack them :p Use fire, silverthorn, magic and ranged heroes...

I want to be able to climb onto Mumikil and kill the haradrim on it, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

Who wouldn't want that... Like THIS!

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#153 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

It will be in? ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#154 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

Do you think you could add a delay between the time a unit leaves an area and the fog of war regrows like in C&C? It just makes sense to me that a unit should know at least for a few seconds what's behind them. It's a simple edit of the UnlookPersistDuration value in object/gamedata.ini, I think 10-15 seconds is good.

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 11 December 2007 - 06:22 PM.

"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#155 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:15 PM

For now, we are not going to touch anything in the gamedata-block so we can avoid the settings-reset-bug.
I am wondering though, if there isn't another solution to that (*clapping my forhead and trying something obvious*). :p

#156 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:32 AM

I know what I wanted to ask.. Is there anyway to get Witchking's voice into S.E.E.?
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#157 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

Sure, and we will do that ^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#158 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:46 PM

Excellent! :thumbsupsmiley: I really love the new orc voices when you make a orc pit or troll cage, but I can't wait to see how Witchking is gonna sound..:sad:

Oh and I really love the ground textures for the armor and production speed of the buildings.. That was really a great idea.. If only you guys worked for ea lol
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#159 RAZOR1703

RAZOR1703
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

Ok. But maybe you will add some replies of Witch-King from Return of the King movie?
And I've got some suggestions again. I Know you don't like it but it will be really great:
1. Will you give the names of Morgomir and Khamul to two other nazguls?
2. I think it'll be better if you will give "Mount/dismount" ability for Merry, Aragorn and for Legolas & Gimli together, if it's posssible.
That's all for today :sad:
Guys, don't be angry with me, but your mod is the BEST of all!!! I'm suggesting some things which will be the most interesting parts of your mod for me and many others, i'm sure.
P.S. Excuse me for my English :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by RAZOR1703, 13 December 2007 - 06:09 PM.

#160 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

next time here suggestions:
http://forums.revora...?showforum=1645

to first:
I don't think they should have names because all names are just invented by other people than Tolkien.
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users