758 replies to this topic

#401 IconOfEvi

IconOfEvi
  • Members
  • 181 posts
  • Projects:Allies Revenge 2

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:22 AM

Here's a map I worked on a bit when bored since last year

Still working on it, so whoever I somehow insulted, please don't kill me :thumbsupsmiley:

Attached Thumbnails

• Red Alert 2 MO - World-2.png

Edited by IconOfEvi, 03 March 2011 - 01:23 AM.

#402 c007

c007
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:48 PM

well, you are doing a really good and heavy work with the mod, but i think that you need to add at least one high range defense system to all epsilon and soviet faction, equitative to a grand cannon defense that in YR only france has.

maybe it is a foolish for too many people, but i think that if you want to make the game more balanced each faction need to be in the same defense range. And its obiously that the allied, and epsilon needs a hero unit but not too strong, i think.

#403 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

Still working on it, so whoever I somehow insulted, please don't kill me ;)

Slightly different than what we have in mind for 3.0. :thumbsupsmiley:

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#404 c007

c007
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

hey speeder i need to make only AI computer player more harder to beat, and i need some help from you because is in mental omega that i need to make it happen. not for posting or anything of some kind, is just for me, for enjoy playing with a bestial AI player.

i've found a ini modifications for yuris revenge, but the mod doesnt work pretty well with this files. aimd.ini and rulesmd.ini.

this version is overpowered but very fun. I wish that you can help me to make the modication.

these are the files that i used from the internet.

http://www.gamefront...VANCED-AI-V2.0/

#405 zFlashz

zFlashz
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:08 AM

i hope one day, we can build ... on the water ;)
so if we want to play RA3, just download MO and have fun :D

#406 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Not happening. If you want to play RA3.. go play RA3. :D

#407 mattywise

mattywise
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

got bored at work today and started to think of ideas for the next mo game -as you do- and i had a brainwave for the potential expansion of superweapons in combat.

(@Alien55234 we had a conversation about MO 2.0 in the bugs & suggestions thread a week or 2 ago and i was giving a semi praising semi critical review of it, in the long run i loved and still love it and 99.999999% sound that it is a better game in every which way than yuri's revenge the only niggles i havnt got over yet are the kirovs and game speed be good to have a speed in between 4 & 5 since the new 5 is radically faster)

So here are my ideas for a new way of doing Superweapon Battles, Each unit has a 'Nuclear Building' which is required to build particular nuclear units, it must be fairly large and diverse looking. The idea of having a building which the units depend upon allowed me to reign in my ideas by still keeping them powerful but also keeping them expensive and allowing them further limitations. Each Nuclear Building is followed by the two Nuclear Units it can create.

Allies:

Airstrip
Description: basically a runway with a couple barracks sized buildings attacched to it and maybe a tower or something to keep it looking diverse.
Requires: Aircraft Headquarters + 1 support pad and a Battle Lab.
Cost: $2000
Special Abilities: Can repair Planes so long as you have a Service Depot.
Used to build: Nuclear Bomb, Aeroprisms.
Power Usage: 1000

Nuclear Bomb
Description: A Large Plane equiped with a the biggest bomb. should have more armour than a barracuda but less than a kirov and be about as quick the airplanes used for paradrops and also have 2 small machine guns as a very light defence.
Requires: Airstrip
Cost: $2500 for the plane + $1000 to rearm
Damage: Bomb-About the same as a Demolition Truck, Machine Guns-Each the same as on the old Nighthawks
Special Abilities: Can Drop the bomb at any site by double clicking the aircraft
Potential Drawbacks: Can only build 1, Takes 7mins & 30 secs to rearm, will automatically drop bomb when and where it is destroyed, if airstrip is destroyed you will loose this unit.

Aeroprism
Description: Should look kind of like a mig with the weapon of an aeroblaze attached underneith, could have the speed of a harrier and armour of a mig and come in packs of 12 in column or row formation which the ai decides randomly. They come from outside the playing field and fire down a heavy barrage of powerful that destroy tanks and infantry if hit directly or land very close by but do limited damage to base defences and structures perhaps if the attack is in column formation and all attacks hit their mark they should put a construction yard down to yellow on the life bar but if they attack in row formation then they can hit a variety of buildings taking weak structures and arments down to red on the health bar but doing very little to the tougher ones.
Requires: Airstrip
Cost: $2000 for first attack, reduced to $500 for any following waves and a waiting time of 4mins 50 secs
Damage: Should rapidly fire prism blasts only one or two tiles in front of the aircraft and the blasts should carry on for the length of two/three power plants doing light damage to tough buildings heavy damage to the weakest buildings but not destroying them and destroy any units that get caught in the storm should take 2/3 direct hits to take out a battle fortress.
Special Abilities: Appears from outside the map so they can not be targeted prior to assault.
Potential Drawbacks: Armour is not all that heavy and is thus manageable for most base defences although the numbers are quite large for such a destructive weapon they can be easily reduced, the assaults can be stopped by taking out the airstrip, the styles of the attacks are random meaning they can come at any angle in either row or column formation making them very difficult to predict but also to control.

Docking Station:
Description: two wooden piers stretching to the sea from the land quite long and 2 tiles apart with a small boathouse and radar on shore.
Requires: Naval Base, Service Depot, Battle Lab
Special Abilities: Only building which can repair the Nuclear Submarine so long as their is a Service Depot under your management. Halves the time taken to restock ammo for Nuke Sub if the submarine enters it before its next attack.
Used to Build: Nuclear Submarine & Chrono Frigate
Power Usage: 100

Nuclear Submarine
Description: Massive Submersible about 2 tiles longer than a aircraft carrier and 2 tiles in width, only surfaces when attacking, using its special ability or at the docking station however it can be seen moving about the battlefield as it should have a fine strip of green smog protruding from its rear wherever it goes and a dark shadow of its presence will appear on the surface of its current position. Should have around perhaps even more armour than a centurion and the speed of a destroyer and fires dual missiles alike a boomers but bigger. Has range similar to that of an aircraft carrier give or take a couple tiles.
Requires: Docking Station
Cost: $2500
Damage: launching two missiles at a time it should put a construction yard in the orange verging on red after one attack but has very limited area damage unlike the standard nuke with no toxic aftermath instead it releases a red glow which has no effect on tanks but all infantry nearby instantly start running around on fire until they burn to a crisp. Also contains dual short range torpedos that always hit their mark and kill all animals in one shot but are nothing special against other naval ships.
Special Abilities: If you click this unit twice it will surface and for 3mins reveal every submerged unit on the field however during this time it can not move or attack and should be well defended. Can also half the time it takes to rearm by stopping by the Docking Station. Can Launch 1 missile at a time.
Potential Drawbacks: Can only have one of this units on the field at a time, although it is submerged it is never truly invisible to the human eye but units will not automatically fire at it, after fireing a set of missiles and submerging again it must wait 6 mins before it can attack again with 2 missiles and 3 mins to attack again with one and must stay surfaced for one minuit after attack, missilles are fast and rise up into the air and off screen then come back down onto the enemy base but they are lightly armoured and if your base is rammed with flak canons they are possible to destroy, these units fire slowly so are vulnerable the moment they rise to attack, although they remain on the battlefield even if the submarine pen is destroyed they can no longer fire missiles upon the land until it is rebuilt but can release any missiles that it has already been armed with.

Chrono Frigate
Description: Looks like a destroyer and is the same size as one but instead of an osprey it has two prodtruding chrono canons! Has the same speed as an Aegis Cruiser armour is a little bit greater than that of an ordinary destroyer. Its range is double that of a chrono tank.
Requires: Docking Station
Cost: $1750
Damage: Damage is dependent on how many other Chrono Frigates you have attacking the same target, one chrono frigate can instantly make any unit that costs up to $1000 dissapear If there are two of such units attacking then any unit up to $2000 is completly chorno'd out and if you have 3 of these units then any unit or naval building up to $2500 will be instantly whiped off the map and if you use three of these units you can whipe out any naval superunit at 10secs however a single chrono frigate can not destroy naval buildings or have any effect on any unit that costs more than $1000 and even 2 chrono frigates have no affect on units above the price of $2000 or buildings.
Special Abilities: If double clicked it can chronoshift itself plus any adjacant units anywhere on the battle field but will be destroyed if placed on land and if you take longer than 30 secs (reduced by 10 secs for every other chrono frigate involved) to decide on a spot your units will be chronod out however you can cancel this by clicking on the frigate again. Note in chrono shift mode all adjacant units are invulnerable and imbilized. You may build up to 3 of this unit. Can Repair at Naval Yard, after it is built is has no ties to the docking station.
Potential Drawbacks: Can not see submerged units, can not attack with any other weapon, takes the same amount of time as a chrono tank to recharge, Possibly the weakest superunit in terms of overall danger but with abilities unlike any other naval unit.

Area 51
Description: Appears to be a giant bunker with the number 51 etched into the top with a gian garage like door for letting out the freaky projects that go on in there. Appears to have a small gap generator and radar scrambler on roof.
Requires: War Factory, Spy Satalite & Battle Lab
Special Abilities: Generates a very small gap on radar alike a mobile gap generator but a tiny bit smaller and is also stealth thus it can't be seen unless enemy units are right next to it. If destroyed leaves a large toxic waste area
Used to build: Champion Tank & Freedom Tank
Power Usage: 800

Champion Tank
Description: Appears to be what you get when you cross an iron dragon with an abrams tank but this unit is more lethal than both with the speed of a grizzly tank, the size of an apocalypse tank, the range of a prism tank and with armour that rivals that of a centurion it will be a unit not to mess with.
Requires: Area 51
Costs: $2000
Damage: has a gun which takes 2 hits to destroy ALL standard base defences, 4 hits to destroy ALL standard buildings and 5 hits to destroy a construction yard, nuclear building. contains a mini ifv type gun on its rear end which can be garrisoned by any unit and will be affected in the same way as an ifv however unlike an ifv it does absolutely nothing if left ungarisoned. This unit destroys all infantry and tanks in one strike.
Special Abilities: if clicked twice it will first evacuate any garrisoned infantry and if clicked whilst ungarrisoned it will self destruct causing explosion large enough to wipe out all immediate units including your own. Its armour is also part of its special ability as it is unaffected by anti tank weaponry and receives the same amount of ordinary armour as a centurion. Once build they do not need the Area51 Structure.
Potential Drawbacks: Only one of these units can be built at a time, getting to click happy could result in your opponent detonating his own unit, they are expensive, destroys allied units when it self destructs.

Freedom Tank
Description: Take the gun off of an apocalypse tank then put a elongated defenders gun in its place then add a spinning gap generator with a radar scrambling pole extruding from it and there u have it, the freedom tank. This tank is as fast as a mirage tank and can also change shape to look like a tree, this unit also has the range of a sniper but has very little armour (only as much as a terror drone perhaps less). Once built they do not need the Area51 building.
Requires: Area51
Cost: £1800
Damage: Destroys all tanks from sniper range in one hit combined with its ability to blend in with the tree's it makes for a deadly ambush weapon however it is inaccurate when attacking infantry so doing so could lead to nothing more than revealing your position.
Special Abilities: When double clicked this units gap generator and radar+scrambler will spring into action although it will not be able to attack or move for 7mins whilst in this mode it does reveal every single stealth unit or structure on the map and negates the effect of gap generators for 3mins however more than one these tanks can not do this within 10mins of another. Also 5 of these units can be built at one time.
Potential Drawbacks: They have very weak armour and are very vulnerable to infantry and base defences if they get too close, also when not deployed these units can be detected on the radar.

Armoury

Description: Warehouse stacked to the brim with goodies.
Requires: Barracks, Radar & Battle Lab
Special Abilities: All infantry within a large radius get increased fire power and fire rate. Creates a nuclear explosion when destroyed although no toxic area appears the effect is similar to a nuclear sub missile in that the area glows read and all infantry burn.
Used to build: Thunder Arrow, The L.A.W.
Power Usage: 80

Thunder Arrow
Description: This is a man with a very good plan, moves so fast even attack planes would struggle to get a lock can dig into ground and fire an anti tank mortar at incoming enemies in large groups, moves with main weapon on back so as to keep moving quickly has about the same armour as a navy seal and can swim and fire his mortar but no c4.
Requires: Armoury
Cost: $1700
Damage: Main weapon is a weather altering canon which when fired causes a lightning storm over the unit he has targeted also note that he is impervious to the storm and the storm itself effects half the area of the usual catastrophic lightning storm and does not scramble radar but leaves this unit stunned for 5mins. The mortar which can only be used when this unit is at sea or dug in is a long range bomb which does a manageable amount of damage to a large group of in come soldiers but will destroy nothing in only 1 or 2 shots apart from maybe a couple terror drones, has no affect on buildings though.
Special Abilities: can dig in and launch a mortar. Can swim Does not rely on Armoury once build.
Potential Drawbacks: as a lone ranger this unit is simple enough to destroy with tanks, although he is fast he is not as fast as a terror drone and is prone to sniper fire also can only fire his main weapon when he is within 6 tiles of his target.

The L.A.W
Description: The L.A.W is the heaviest infantry out there appears to be nearly identical to guardian gi but is even slower and much more heavily armoured. Takes 3 hits to be killed by sniper due to new heavier armour but has half the speed of a guardian gi.
Requires: Armoury
Cost: £1600
Damage: when it is mobile these unit has an automatic rocket launcher which quickly fires destructive rockets at a single tank, aircraft or naval unit to do destroy them within 6/ shots depending on the armour of the unit (can be greater than 6 shots in special cases) when dug in it has a the latest model of the L.A.W which is fires an anti structural rocket, with range just short of a snipers it has an ammo of 2 rockets each one capable of destroying any single building including super weapons but only brings construction yard to one bar of health (nothing a couple harriers cant sort out so long as they can reach it) once its fired its load however it must wait 4 mins for reload but can bipass this by getting more from the armoury.
special abilities: digging in to use new L.A.W siege weapon. Very Slow, 2 can be built at one time however.
Potential Drawbacks: with great power comes a great lack of speed, although this unit can waste any building and resist 3 sniper shots it inst actually fast enough to escape 4 sniper shots making it easy to destroy when against an allied or epsilon opponent. Does not reload if armoury is destroyed.

well there u have it, decided to leave it at allies for now and will keep the other ides to myself but this stuff should keep u guys dreaming of your own ideas for new superweapons even if they are not included in the new game, if people actually like these ideas then i will conceded to you my ideas for soviet weapons such as 'napalm strike' and 'Red Bomber'(who's power lies more within their ground forces than the allies) and yuri ideas (any ideas i have had for these guys are very far fetched not got much on these yet really). MAJOR APOLOGIES about the length but once i started i just had to finish took me like 2 hours!
Matt W!Z3

#408 eil

eil
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:43 PM

more of a question than a suggestion- currently, based on YR, if countries, colours, places and groups were chosen, after battle only 1&2 are remembered = will MO 3.0 remember all the parameters since last battle? it bores to put each time the same thing when in scrimish, especially when just needed to restart.
by the way why not let flak track insiders to shoot? its armor rather wick so it won't make much of disballance.
got few other ideas:
-how about some tech building or smt that gives a massive paradrop(lets say 40 infantry) once in a 8-10 vinutes(like superweapon)?
-can it be implemented an ability to use drop with what you choose? i mean you build some units, put them somewhere(some transport airport building or even better huge drop-plane that can be build in your own airport, maybe with some extra-requirement), and then point a place where it will be dropped. ofcource it should carry not much(somewhat like amphibia does).

Edited by eil, 19 March 2011 - 11:19 AM.

#409 IconOfEvi

IconOfEvi
  • Members
  • 181 posts
  • Projects:Allies Revenge 2

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

Still working on it, so whoever I somehow insulted, please don't kill me :thumbsupsmiley:

Slightly different than what we have in mind for 3.0. :popcorn:

Slightly as sarcasm or slightly as in close :thumbsupsmiley:?

#410 mattywise

mattywise
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

Slightly different than what we have in mind for 3.0. :popcorn:

Slightly as sarcasm or slightly as in close :thumbsupsmiley:?

It looks cool! probably a bit more than they had planed though. Although i suppose if they wanted to they could use the idea and slowly add more and more nations to the game even if they dont use exactly the same ones as you picked out. Massive overbalance between allies and soviets most prominent of which making iraq an allied nation all of a sudden :S
Matt W!Z3

#411 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:48 PM

Are you still looking for country suggestions or are they are already mostly fixed?

#412 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

We're no longer looking for country suggestions.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#413 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

Renamed thread. We no longer need country suggestions.

#414 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:08 AM

One thing about MO 2.0 I dislike is that the functionality of the air force of the different sides are way to similar to each other. Ignoring balance I liked YR on this account way more: Allied's air force was all about mobility, Rocketeers weren't powerful, but could constantly attack weak spots due to their high movement speed, Harriers/Black Eagles breaked into the enemy lines, destroyed one unit and hopefully could retreat again; Kirovs were a slow, highly resilient airship which attacks destroyed everything almost immediately, Siege Choppers needed to be deployed, which means having to sacrifice their mobility, to utilize their full power; Floating Disks were in the middle ground, neither bad nor excelling in any aspect, but its unique ability to disable the opponent's energy supply greatly helped them to attack a fortified position.
In MO 2.0 every side has an air field and each enables them to build up to 4 fast, hard-hitting airplanes, and all these five different airplanes are very similar to each other.

Criticising something is easy, providing a solution is hard; but here are my ideas how to make each side more unique again:
- Barracuda missile's have an area of effect, making them efficient against clusters of infantry; otherwise they don't change, bad against vehicles, good against buildings.
- South Korea gets their Harriers replaced by Black Eagles or gets another unique unit; both units are too similar to be produced by the same country.
- Soviet loses the MIG and Airfield.
- If there's a need for a replacement they get a moderate fast moving attack helicopter which shots air-to-ground anti-tank missiles; in its mobile form the ROF is slow, but when deployed, e.g. by extending its weapon plattforms, the ROF increased.
- Epsilon loses the Starflare and Airpad.
- Floating Disk is no longer effective against infantry or vehicles and/or buildings anymore, but in return the cost is decreased.
- The new air unit for Epsilon fills the gap the Disk now has.

Edited by DesertRose, 25 March 2011 - 03:41 PM.

#415 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:16 AM

Well, I can tell you this for now.

- Black Eagle did indeed replace Harrier as it was in original game
- Still thinking about Starflare and Epsilon Airpad and I'm on the verge of replacing them with a non-pad aircraft
- Floating Disc is Epsilon T3 flying anti-unit, anti-infantry thing. It will stay as it is.
- There's something I'm going to change about Soviet Migs but that's to be revealed later.

Airforce for three sides will be more unique than it was before.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#416 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:27 AM

Now would be a good time I think to ask for suggestions for what to do with the Epsilon Miner.

Through copious testing, we have determined that stealthed miners are both imbalanced compared to other miners, and it is far too time consuming to destroy them in a non-short game.

We would like to make it unique, but still be able to counter Terror Drones. Chrono Miner teleports to lose the Terror Drone and War Miners can easily destroy the Drones.

Keep in mind that we want a unique way of allowing the miner to counter the Drones, so no weapons/teleporting obviously.

Edited by Alien55234, 25 March 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#417 eil

eil
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

why not just make miner invisible only while moving? that should balance the way to destroy them. still, it's real hard to solve a counter-drone.
how about miner get an ability to some way "consume" one drone= means if only one drone there, it's no harm to miner, but that ability would have a recharge, so second drone would get in miner(like when soviet's miner can shoot one, but second gets in).

#418 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

I don't think it's possible to do cloak while moving alone, and I don't think we want any type of cloak on a miner. It's not possible to negate the effect of one drone once it's infected either.

I would also like to hear some suggestions for an Allied alternative for revealing shroud. The Spysat is imho way too imbalanced, as once you have it, it is impossible for Soviet or Epsilon to make any kind of surprise attack. Naturally, it should be unique, so no 'terrain scan' or something similar to a Spy Plane.

Edited by Alien55234, 25 March 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#419 mattywise

mattywise
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

Now would be a good time I think to ask for suggestions for what to do with the Epsilon Miner.

Through copious testing, we have determined that stealthed miners are both imbalanced compared to other miners, and it is far too time consuming to destroy them in a non-short game.

We would like to make it unique, but still be able to counter Terror Drones. Chrono Miner teleports to lose the Terror Drone and War Miners can easily destroy the Drones.

Keep in mind that we want a unique way of allowing the miner to counter the Drones, so no weapons/teleporting obviously.

Could perhaps give it the ability to grind drones giving you half the cost of a terror drone in return, fits in with yuri tech, counters drones, adds to your funds (which is the point of an ore minor) and not too outlandish.

as for the air pad ideas, I still like the idea of the MIG and giving each faction an air pad (graphics for each are exceptional) just perhaps diversify further the units you already got fitting with the themes of their respective factions i.e make the MIG armoured powerful but slower than other pad aircraft's, make starflare's exceptionally quick but less powerful and perhaps give allies a light aircraft (harrier) a medium aircraft (black eagle) and bomber aircraft (barracuda) which I realise is what you do have but just diversify them more.
Matt W!Z3

#420 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

Another suggestion I forgot to mention is to make tech buildings, at least on some maps, indestructible; in YR and MO 2.0 you just destroy the tech buildings that are closer to your opponent's base when you move out the first time, so as a result they don't have any meaning anymore after the first few minutes. With indestructible tech buildings they would be another place beside ore fields and your own base to protect.

@Epsilon Miners: Make them flying, and to harvest ore they have to land; on an ore field they either deploy themselves and can harvest every ore in a 1-cell radius or drive to the next cell, dunno what is easier to code. They shouldn't fly from ore cell to ore cell as it would reduce the time they are on the ground and therefor their window of vulnerability too much. They could counter Terror Drones by flying up before the Terror Drone can attack them; that would make it a little harder to protect your Miners than for Allied and Soviets as Epsilon has to protect their Miners proactively, while Allied can protect their Miners reactively, Soviets is auto-mode. As a advantage Epsilon Miners would be a little better protected in general as they're fewer units than can attack air units than units that can attack ground units.

@Allied scouting: Is the spy drone Speeder suggested too similar to a Spy Plane?
Another note about scounting: Now that Epsilon has Dogs the sight range of most of their buildings and units should be reduced, as they now longer have to compensate the absence of a cheap and fast scout unit at the beginning of a game.

Edited by DesertRose, 25 March 2011 - 03:52 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users