#421 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

Um.. I disagree about Tech Buildings. Most of maps will have an even amount of tech buildings so the key is to capture yours as fast as possible, protect them and take out or capture enemy ones. They will not become invincible.

No.. flying miners would be nice if such unit didn't have to fly up and down every time it moves to another cell with ore.

Sight has been balanced. Infantry has more sight than units, scout units have most of the sight. And Epsilon doesn't have dogs anymore - it has Dream Weavers now.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#422 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

The only thing I can currently think of for the Allies as a replacement for the Spy Sat is perhaps a superweapon using Ares' unit delivery to spawn a recon drone of some kind, which can be controlled. Perhaps give it a self damaging weapon so it won't last forever.

Damn, wish I'd thought of that. :)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#423 IconOfEvi

IconOfEvi
  • Members
  • 181 posts
  • Projects:Allies Revenge 2

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:44 AM

We're no longer looking for country suggestions.

The tears, they are endless :)

#424 Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

dead and back again

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  Fallen Dragon

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Umm, well if Different cloak types gets around to being programmed, how about just a weaker cloak that can be detected by most at close distance and at long range by higher tech units? Or just an Anti-Drone Cloak :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

according to our determinedly dopey Prime Minister Mr Brown, Obama also has a beach in Normandy named after him. If that can't win you an election, what can?

#425 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

About the Epsilon Warminer, I've two ideas:

An hovercraft is one of them...

The other is an flying miner, which can both drive and fly.
It usually drives, but it has the ability to fly (using the deploy command). However, it flies very slowly and therefore, in the sky, it is an easy target for anything that can target air units, especially Harriers.
The chaos gas blob should be removed... being capable of flying is powerful enough if you ask me.

Oh, something entirely different: Decimators are too powerful once someone can build them. A group of five is unstoppable without huge Mig groups, and capable of killing Centurion Siege Crawlers in seconds...

#426 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

Um.. I disagree about Tech Buildings. Most of maps will have an even amount of tech buildings so the key is to capture yours as fast as possible, protect them and take out or capture enemy ones.

Well, the problem I tried to fix is that not up to yourself but up to your opponent if you both fight over the tech buildings; if your opponent doesn't want to he just destroys your tech buildings when he has a temporary advantage or attacks with very fast units, e.g. air planes, which make it virtually impossible to react, and then you have to do likewise.
Another idea is to let tech buildings reappear a while after they have been destroyed, that way you could still hamper your opponent's economy, but his chances for a comeback are better.

No.. flying miners would be nice if such unit didn't have to fly up and down every time it moves to another cell with ore.

I thought that it wouldn't be easy to code a behavior like that.
Is it possible to code a Driller miner? Such a miner would move underground when moving between refinery and ore field, and overground when harvesting. The refinery has a open spot in the middle in the middle where the miner has to unload the ore; this has two purposes: 1.) Without a change to the Driller movement AI the miner would automatically move from refinery and ore field underground 2.) The player has and area where he can click on to dig itself in immediately no matter where it currently stands.
While underground the miner is immune to Terror Drones; in addition, the miner also becomes invisible or has better armor if underground, dunno what is easier to code.

Give all infantry a sensor range of 1; although the Epsilon Miner is most likely getting removed it is ridiculous that it can run over infantry and they can hardly do anything against it.

#427 eil

eil
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

I don't think it's possible to do cloak while moving alone, and I don't think we want any type of cloak on a miner.

strange. i may be mistaken, but it seemed to me that there are different cloak types in "rules" that can be used(like while moving, while standing, all the time). why no cloak at all? to stand in line with soviets harverster(with good armor and machin-gun) and allies(with less armor and chrono-return) epsilons one(with moderate armor as it seems) ought to be either flying or digging.
flying= flies to ore-field, deploys to harvest with some "slaves" coming out. as defence should have some "protectors" to come alone with "slaves" while been deployed(like few harpoons or brutes - enough for some protection but still a chance for terror drone to slip). yet it should be cloacked while flying. why? the thing it flies gives it almost none of advantage- it still can be easyly shotted down by rockets or planes, but more over- while it flies, unlike other harvesters it can't be repaired, and that's a disadvantage i propose to cover with cloak.
digging= nothing better than flying 'cause has same weak sides: needs defence with some ability or deployable troops, can't be repaired while moving, if drone gets in harvester's gone.
and i don't think that removing chaos gas is a good idea.. it already almost disappeared as a weapon(

I would also like to hear some suggestions for an Allied alternative for revealing shroud. The Spysat is imho way too imbalanced, as once you have it, it is impossible for Soviet or Epsilon to make any kind of surprise attack. Naturally, it should be unique, so no 'terrain scan' or something similar to a Spy Plane.

spycat, yes, but how about Epsilon's cloak tank? both can detect Epsilon spies with no way to prepare for that or clear the way. by the way- who else does it? i notices several times as my Epsilon spy was detected in soviet base though they had no Infectors there..!
allies revealing= how about rebuilding radar so it can show what was revealed with units, then after about 5 minutes(or any other time) it gives an ability to open more of a map(radial size with center as radar), and after same 5 minutes again that ability opens all the map this time.

#428 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:31 AM

The other is an flying miner, which can both drive and fly.
It usually drives, but it has the ability to fly (using the deploy command). However, it flies very slowly and therefore, in the sky, it is an easy target for anything that can target air units, especially Harriers.
The chaos gas blob should be removed... being capable of flying is powerful enough if you ask me.

Oh, something entirely different: Decimators are too powerful once someone can build them. A group of five is unstoppable without huge Mig groups, and capable of killing Centurion Siege Crawlers in seconds...

Welcome to the forums Aasgier. Or should I say.. Vulture? :)

Anyway, we already ascertained that flying miners, as awesome as that might be, is simply not practical. The chaos deathweapon will be removed from the miner though.

As for Decimators, they're that powerful because they are incredibly difficult to attain. Just make sure your opponent can't get them. :lol:

Is it possible to code a Driller miner? Such a miner would move underground when moving between refinery and ore field, and overground when harvesting. The refinery has a open spot in the middle in the middle where the miner has to unload the ore; this has two purposes: 1.) Without a change to the Driller movement AI the miner would automatically move from refinery and ore field underground 2.) The player has and area where he can click on to dig itself in immediately no matter where it currently stands.
While underground the miner is immune to Terror Drones; in addition, the miner also becomes invisible or has better armor if underground, dunno what is easier to code.

I actually like this idea, although I have heard of it before somewhere and it is technically similar to the Chrono Miner..

What would happen if your miner was already infected then? Would the drone be ejected when the miner goes underground? Remember that Epsilon will not have any repair capabilities in 3.0, so you can't just mosey on over to a repair unit.

allies revealing= how about rebuilding radar so it can show what was revealed with units, then after about 5 minutes(or any other time) it gives an ability to open more of a map(radial size with center as radar), and after same 5 minutes again that ability opens all the map this time.

Sounds rather impractical tbh. We're looking more towards a Radar Tech support power which doesn't require constant rebuilding of a building. I do agree with Omegabolt's suggestion and propose we should give it a try in a build some time.

#429 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:42 AM

Welcome to the forums Aasgier. Or should I say.. Vulture?

Heh... do as you please :)

Anyway, we already ascertained that flying miners, as awesome as that might be, is simply not practical. The chaos deathweapon will be removed from the miner though.

I suggest it moves on the ground until called to fly... it does not fly when harvesting but could easily flee into the sky when dangerous forces are nearby. That way, it doesn't suffer from the practical issues when mining because it stays on the ground when mining and it drives faster than it flies.

As for Decimators, they're that powerful because they are incredibly difficult to attain. Just make sure your opponent can't get them.

The AI doesn't really guard it's Battle lab with dogs and walls, especially not if the first one was destroyed.
A Crate with Yuri (or Allied) Conyard is all it takes for an Allied (or Yuri) Player to be capable of building them in a FFA 8 player match then.

Edited by Aasgier, 28 March 2011 - 08:43 AM.

#430 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

In that case, I'll take your suggestion in. Sounds pretty good, but it's up to Speeder what he wants to do.

AI will be updated to actually make spying tougher and, in my opinion, stolen tech will be more worth it. :)

#431 eil

eil
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Sounds rather impractical tbh. We're looking more towards a Radar Tech support power which doesn't require constant rebuilding of a building.

i didn't mean that it would be needed to rebuild it, i ment you'll need to give it an ability to reveal the map but make it some way so that it opens small from the begining and more with each next time. the balance would be in time needed to open full map and fixed radial opening area.
with tougher spying it should be really balanced(pointing to inability to spy with totally invisible detectors)
again about miners: if making it as a digger maybe then give it as a protection some "magnetron-like" beam to stop terror drones or any other infantry(it'll release drone after been enough away) = it'll make it even with others

#432 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

:) Probably not considering my two-phase spying strategy... which is usually sufficient to not only spy all buildings of the AI, but also cripples his entire base.

#433 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

I actually like this idea, although I have heard of it before somewhere and it is technically similar to the Chrono Miner..

What would happen if your miner was already infected then? Would the drone be ejected when the miner goes underground? Remember that Epsilon will not have any repair capabilities in 3.0, so you can't just mosey on over to a repair unit.

Hm, I was expecting that the Salvage Disk would stay.
Well, some workarounds:
1. A small repair building inside the refinery (like a Medic IFV inside a Tank Bunker): It can only repair Miners (cause it cannot go out of the refinery), and it would only repair 1 HP per tick, so it wouldn't make much difference (if 1HP repair would be sufficient to destroy a Terror Drone).
2. The Terror Drone is ejected when the Miner comes to the surface again, and e.g. a Railgun Tower makes short work of the Terror Drone. This would also make the mechanic more different from the Chrono Miner.

Although you're not looking for country suggestions anymore, what do you guys think of an all-out offensive country, that means it could not build any defensive structures, but e.g. as compensation buildings, infantry and units are produced a little faster?

Edited by DesertRose, 04 April 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#434 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:37 AM

A weapon with Sonic=yes on the warhead to remove TDs. IMO it's crazy to let Yuri that vulnerable to them.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#435 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

I forgot to mention that we are also looking for more unique game modes. Espescially something that hasn't been done before in a mod. Let your creativity fly! *dramatic pose* ;)

#436 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

Sorry, but the unique gamemodes I'm planning are special Ares logic-based ones, so I won't leave them that unique for you. I can share.

CraTech - Radars acts as reverse-engineering facilities (Ares 0.2), new tech must be collected through crates.
Tech Nodes - Similar, but instead of crates, buildable Secret Labs (called Tech Nodes) will give access to new tech.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#437 Consript

Consript
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:03 AM

Can you make add many Super Weapon, Aircraft, Ship and Air Units? :p

:xcahik_:
I come from an other region, I write English not good. Do you understand?

Y!M and Email: Taigamathoi@yahoo.com

#438 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

Only where absolutely necesssary to preserve balance between the three factions. We are not planning to add extra units to skirmish game for the hell of it.

#439 Consript

Consript
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

Why? It too low unit and super Weapon. :xcahik_:
I come from an other region, I write English not good. Do you understand?

Y!M and Email: Taigamathoi@yahoo.com

#440 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

We will have more support weapons and more units than in 2.0.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users