MO 3.3 // Campaign, Cooperative & Challenge Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2189 replies to this topic

#2181 Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

1. ROC is probably linked with Yunru as members of Foehn. American rebels will probably meet with Foehn in next Foehn missions, but Europeans? Foehn doesn't have any way to find them, they're not humanoid Drillers.
2. Because Rashidi and Yunru hate it.

The faction with the least numbers of troops hates cloning? Despite facing a war which will decide the fate of humanity forever?

There should have been Covert Ops missions in which the Allies steal Cloning tech (Act 1 right after Chicago) and later the Soviets (early in Act 2)

The ability to multiply the army over a dozen times is the second-most powerful technology in the Red Alert Universe. First is mind-control

Foehn should have lots of Terror Drones and Robot Tanks in later missions. Maybe have their entire army immune to basic mind-control in the campaign

#2182 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 211 posts
  • Projects:Unofficial Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Unofficial Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:47 AM

1. ROC is probably linked with Yunru as members of Foehn. American rebels will probably meet with Foehn in next Foehn missions, but Europeans? Foehn doesn't have any way to find them, they're not humanoid Drillers.
2. Because Rashidi and Yunru hate it.

The faction with the least numbers of troops hates cloning? Despite facing a war which will decide the fate of humanity forever?

There should have been Covert Ops missions in which the Allies steal Cloning tech (Act 1 right after Chicago) and later the Soviets (early in Act 2)

The ability to multiply the army over a dozen times is the second-most powerful technology in the Red Alert Universe. First is mind-control

Foehn should have lots of Terror Drones and Robot Tanks in later missions. Maybe have their entire army immune to basic mind-control in the campaign

Cloning against an army that can turn those clones against you, one way or another (mind control or Brute mutation) does not sound right. There's a reason Foehn uses more robotic units than clone armies.

hT8PHUN.gif

#2183 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:38 AM

To define the 'hate it', cause the Foehn is always known for their 'ethics value' - reflected in explanation in the VOLKNET briefings. That's why Rashidi didn't choose to steal mind-control technology for own use either when he's in Epsilon.

#2184 Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:19 AM

To define the 'hate it', cause the Foehn is always known for their 'ethics value' - reflected in explanation in the VOLKNET briefings. That's why Rashidi didn't choose to steal mind-control technology for own use either when he's in Epsilon.

I thought Scorpion Cell had both cloning and mind-control tech when they allied with Epsilon? It's not like Yuri somehow cut them access from tech they already have and knew when they broke away. And they have defenses against Epsilon's mind-control which is why Epsilon bribed them with oil money and the Stalin's Fist

#2185 Uzef

Uzef
  • New Members
  • 2 posts
  •  some guy who wandered in

Posted 13 March 2020 - 04:43 AM

Scoripon cell never had any mind control technology (independent adepts under his direct command, much less any advanced manipulation tech like the mastermind ) so rashidi shouldn't be able to steal it on his way out the door, same goes with cloning vats as they were only really present in SC bases with direct psycorp overview, like in Lizard brain. 

Edited by Uzef, 13 March 2020 - 04:47 AM.

#2186 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Mapper and Mix Hacker

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  No, I don't main PsiCorps. I suck at it.

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:21 AM

American rebels

Last I heard about them, they've evacuated along with the rest of the Allied remnants in Hypothermia and are now battling the Epsilon in Antartica

Speaking of cloning, it's probably less about them hating it for ethic reason and more on the fact that the cloning technology is specifically tailored for Epsilon needs. You know, with all the talk about how the clones are often jarringly soulless-like in the MO's description, I think anybody with the least bit of insecurity would forego such technology rather than risking shooting themselves on the foot for meddling with things beyond their understanding

Yunru and Rashidi are more of mechanical genius rather than genetics genius after all

Edited by Handepsilon, 13 March 2020 - 08:26 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

(Sorry for any double posts, my mobile browser is messed up atm)

#2187 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 07:44 PM

Anyone beat battlecity challenge solo on mental difficulty? No superweapons.

Edited by flack, 15 March 2020 - 07:45 PM.

#2188 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:11 PM

Anyone beat battlecity challenge solo on mental difficulty? No superweapons.

Well, it's not the hardest challenge out there. As usual, probably the easiest way to win is to abuse AIs weakness against air units. I'd suggest moving your base as far to the right as possible, this way enemy scuds won't be able to attack you from the highground. As for factions, Foehn should do fine (because Foehn), EU is also a solid choice( pretty sure I beat it as EU). Build some Rocketeers as your first defense and survive the first wave somehow(I spammed GGIs and Gun Turrets). Start spamming out Thors and Rocketeers and build a line of Prism Towers/Grand Cannons, occasionally send some spies to steal cash if it's possible. Once the wave comes, retreat to your defense line and cover it with Force Shield, don't forget about the Lightning Rod. Protect your harvesters so you won't suddenly run out of cash. Once you get enough Thors, just finish your opponents one by one between waves.

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 15 March 2020 - 09:16 PM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#2189 MCFLYYY

MCFLYYY
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

So the Revolution Challenge has a serious issue with pathfinding that made it unplayable - was literally getting like 4 FPS.

I would guess the Mental enemy sending hordes of units to attack up the left side interfered with the units on the "parade" route across the screen and eventually enough of them got in each others way that they blocked it completely?

Not sure if this happens every time or not, but basically by the time we were able to survive the first onslaughts and build up a base and take out the first iron curtains/grumbles in our immediate area, the frame rate had dropped under 10 because of that slog of units. We started to mass our own units to go deal with them, but by the time we got there the game had slowed to under 5 frames.

gMLlS3y.png

#2190 Katten123

Katten123
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:20 PM

How in the hell do I beat Relentless? I lose the non stop onslaught against the Weather Controller and only by cheesing a bit I managed to keep it up in time although I lose it instantly after. Am I supposed to be able to defend it? When I get to the building phase I have no chance since the front base easily kills my chrono miners while being unable to push due to no resources at all. Hardest mission by far so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users