MO 3.3 // Campaign, Cooperative & Challenge Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2298 replies to this topic

#2181 Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

1. ROC is probably linked with Yunru as members of Foehn. American rebels will probably meet with Foehn in next Foehn missions, but Europeans? Foehn doesn't have any way to find them, they're not humanoid Drillers.
2. Because Rashidi and Yunru hate it.

The faction with the least numbers of troops hates cloning? Despite facing a war which will decide the fate of humanity forever?

There should have been Covert Ops missions in which the Allies steal Cloning tech (Act 1 right after Chicago) and later the Soviets (early in Act 2)

The ability to multiply the army over a dozen times is the second-most powerful technology in the Red Alert Universe. First is mind-control

Foehn should have lots of Terror Drones and Robot Tanks in later missions. Maybe have their entire army immune to basic mind-control in the campaign

#2182 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:47 AM

1. ROC is probably linked with Yunru as members of Foehn. American rebels will probably meet with Foehn in next Foehn missions, but Europeans? Foehn doesn't have any way to find them, they're not humanoid Drillers.

The faction with the least numbers of troops hates cloning? Despite facing a war which will decide the fate of humanity forever?

There should have been Covert Ops missions in which the Allies steal Cloning tech (Act 1 right after Chicago) and later the Soviets (early in Act 2)

The ability to multiply the army over a dozen times is the second-most powerful technology in the Red Alert Universe. First is mind-control

Foehn should have lots of Terror Drones and Robot Tanks in later missions. Maybe have their entire army immune to basic mind-control in the campaign

Cloning against an army that can turn those clones against you, one way or another (mind control or Brute mutation) does not sound right. There's a reason Foehn uses more robotic units than clone armies.

hT8PHUN.gif

#2183 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:38 AM

To define the 'hate it', cause the Foehn is always known for their 'ethics value' - reflected in explanation in the VOLKNET briefings. That's why Rashidi didn't choose to steal mind-control technology for own use either when he's in Epsilon.

#2184 Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:19 AM

To define the 'hate it', cause the Foehn is always known for their 'ethics value' - reflected in explanation in the VOLKNET briefings. That's why Rashidi didn't choose to steal mind-control technology for own use either when he's in Epsilon.

I thought Scorpion Cell had both cloning and mind-control tech when they allied with Epsilon? It's not like Yuri somehow cut them access from tech they already have and knew when they broke away. And they have defenses against Epsilon's mind-control which is why Epsilon bribed them with oil money and the Stalin's Fist

#2185 Uzef

Uzef
  • New Members
  • 2 posts
  •  some guy who wandered in

Posted 13 March 2020 - 04:43 AM

Scoripon cell never had any mind control technology (independent adepts under his direct command, much less any advanced manipulation tech like the mastermind ) so rashidi shouldn't be able to steal it on his way out the door, same goes with cloning vats as they were only really present in SC bases with direct psycorp overview, like in Lizard brain. 

Edited by Uzef, 13 March 2020 - 04:47 AM.

#2186 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:21 AM

American rebels

Last I heard about them, they've evacuated along with the rest of the Allied remnants in Hypothermia and are now battling the Epsilon in Antartica

Speaking of cloning, it's probably less about them hating it for ethic reason and more on the fact that the cloning technology is specifically tailored for Epsilon needs. You know, with all the talk about how the clones are often jarringly soulless-like in the MO's description, I think anybody with the least bit of insecurity would forego such technology rather than risking shooting themselves on the foot for meddling with things beyond their understanding

Yunru and Rashidi are more of mechanical genius rather than genetics genius after all

Edited by Handepsilon, 13 March 2020 - 08:26 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2187 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 07:44 PM

Anyone beat battlecity challenge solo on mental difficulty? No superweapons.

Edited by flack, 15 March 2020 - 07:45 PM.

#2188 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:11 PM

Anyone beat battlecity challenge solo on mental difficulty? No superweapons.

Well, it's not the hardest challenge out there. As usual, probably the easiest way to win is to abuse AIs weakness against air units. I'd suggest moving your base as far to the right as possible, this way enemy scuds won't be able to attack you from the highground. As for factions, Foehn should do fine (because Foehn), EU is also a solid choice( pretty sure I beat it as EU). Build some Rocketeers as your first defense and survive the first wave somehow(I spammed GGIs and Gun Turrets). Start spamming out Thors and Rocketeers and build a line of Prism Towers/Grand Cannons, occasionally send some spies to steal cash if it's possible. Once the wave comes, retreat to your defense line and cover it with Force Shield, don't forget about the Lightning Rod. Protect your harvesters so you won't suddenly run out of cash. Once you get enough Thors, just finish your opponents one by one between waves.

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 15 March 2020 - 09:16 PM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#2189 MCFLYYY

MCFLYYY
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

So the Revolution Challenge has a serious issue with pathfinding that made it unplayable - was literally getting like 4 FPS.

I would guess the Mental enemy sending hordes of units to attack up the left side interfered with the units on the "parade" route across the screen and eventually enough of them got in each others way that they blocked it completely?

Not sure if this happens every time or not, but basically by the time we were able to survive the first onslaughts and build up a base and take out the first iron curtains/grumbles in our immediate area, the frame rate had dropped under 10 because of that slog of units. We started to mass our own units to go deal with them, but by the time we got there the game had slowed to under 5 frames.

gMLlS3y.png

#2190 Katten123

Katten123
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:20 PM

How in the hell do I beat Relentless? I lose the non stop onslaught against the Weather Controller and only by cheesing a bit I managed to keep it up in time although I lose it instantly after. Am I supposed to be able to defend it? When I get to the building phase I have no chance since the front base easily kills my chrono miners while being unable to push due to no resources at all. Hardest mission by far so far.

#2191 Kscsai890

Kscsai890
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:40 PM

In Panzer Ace the cooperative campaign, after defending the bridge, the following tank division just stupidly run into soviet base and get destroyed easily by 3 Tesla coils and few desolators. They almost fail to discover apocalypses (really happened once). I wonder why they attack in such ridiculous way instead of in order. Should there be some seal-AMC & siegecadre-AMC in the tanks force for des & coil? 

Edited by Kscsai890, 16 July 2020 - 04:48 PM.

#2192 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:47 AM

In Panzer Ace the cooperative campaign, after defending the bridge, the following tank division just stupidly run into soviet base and get destroyed easily by 3 Tesla coils and few desolators. They almost fail to discover apocalypses (really happened once). I wonder why they attack in such ridiculous way instead of in order. Should there be some seal-AMC & siegecadre-AMC in the tanks force for des & coil? 

Yeah they're really supposed to fail to strike, you get a second phase shortly afterwards

unless you're talking about the Paladin Tanks, which would be odd

Edited by Handepsilon, 17 July 2020 - 02:48 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2193 Kscsai890

Kscsai890
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:17 AM

Yeah they're really supposed to fail to strike, you get a second phase shortly afterwards

Not fail to strike, they fail to find out Apocalypses, then the game cant continue and the second phase never comes. I have to start over.

Edited by Kscsai890, 08 August 2020 - 09:18 AM.

#2194 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:44 AM

Honestly, Foenh should at least try to develop several more robotic-type units.

3qPyjQ8.png

#2195 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:47 PM

May I suggest alerting the player before the first paradrop wave in Shipwreck? A newcomer without prior knowledge will most certainly be knocked out even on Easy. That's kinda disturbing.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#2196 Jaghatai Khan

Jaghatai Khan
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:05 AM

Will we learn of Yuri's intentions? He seems to plan some sort of extremist utopia. I'd like extra lore.

#2197 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 08:06 AM

I have returned. The forums seems to be more dead than before I left, but oh well.

I noticed that there have been updates to the website since the announcement. Lore was updated, the faction info and tech stuff have been updated, but to me the most interesting change was to the Campaigns section. It seems, that from the wording used there now, that Foehn Origins might just be the only Foehn Campaign that we will get, no ACT 3 or anything. Maybe I'm wrong, I heard of rumors in the years past that there will be an Act 3, that it will be nothing we ever seen before, and there were some old files in the mix archives of the released versions that pretty much confirmed an Act 3. But now, I'm not sure.

I can understand the reasons behind it, because development can take a LOT of time, and obviously people in the devteam have lives, jobs, all that stuff, and this mod have technically been in development for probably more than 15 years now. Still, on the other hand, it would be disappointing if there was no satisfying conclusion to the war with the full might of the Foehn in display.

EDIT: Btw, the changes to the lore all around the site are interesting. Yunru is no longer a child and got updated, less cartoony anime icon and such. Libra too.

Edited by Solais, 12 November 2020 - 08:45 AM.

#2198 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 09:33 AM

The forums seems to be more dead than before I left, but oh well

Couldn’t agree more on this. Many new topics or questions ended up being ignored. I guess the long gap in between updates (especially between 3.3.4 and 3.3.5) prompted many of the forum users to leave, except a few that loyally remained here to provide feedback and suggestions. Heck, even many of the beta testers and some devs left from what I saw from the updated credits list. People grow up and more IRL stuff gets in the way of development. 

I noticed that there have been updates to the website since the announcement. Lore was updated, the faction info and tech stuff have been updated, but to me the most interesting change was to the Campaigns section. It seems, that from the wording used there now, that Foehn Origins might just be the only Foehn Campaign that we will get, no ACT 3 or anything. Maybe I'm wrong, I heard of rumors in the years past that there will be an Act 3, that it will be nothing we ever seen before, and there were some old files in the mix archives of the released versions that pretty much confirmed an Act 3. But now, I'm not sure.

Now that you’ve said it, it kinda makes sense on why many of the unit lores got trimmed off their “origin stories”, like the Foehn stolen tech units that previously had details on how old Allied/Soviet tech are related to them and references to the Act 2 storyline. But IMO I’m still positive that there’ll be a potential Act 3 though, because without that it kinda defeats the purpose of MO having Foehn as the 4th side at the first place with established connections to the story. Plus, Speeder’s recent Twitter poll results showed that majority of the MO players enjoy Campaign the most. So I don’t see why the dev team would just end the entire story on a cliffhanger or unfinished .

#2199 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 01:58 PM

My theory is that Speeder just wants to make sure that he doesn't promise something that he can't deliver anymore. Like, there -might- be an Act 3, but at the same time, it is also possible that it will never happen because of life reasons. So maybe he just wants to avoid making promises like that.

EDIT: An interesting new story bit in FinAlize description is this: "Within the ruins of the lost world, an unexpected event has occurred: one of the many expeditions to the other side has come across a pair of survivors". Why is the old world called as "the other side"?

EDIT2: I wonder if the forums are dead because the link to it from the main website is broken...

Edited by Solais, 13 November 2020 - 08:45 AM.

#2200 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:17 AM

Tech inconsistency in A12 Sunlight:

1. The player has access to Charon - miniaturized Chronosphere technology, but not the Chronosphere itself. A Chronosphere would be most convenient for an cross-channel assault (as seen in vanilla A11).

2. No Sniper?

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users