MO 3.3 // Campaign, Cooperative & Challenge Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2298 replies to this topic

#1401 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

i'll try it again (This challenge is quite...unique with its replay-ability, a test of one's siege skills.) as Latin Confederation, i can already see some things that would work, since bases are without detectors, i think i could burn down most bases with arsonists. Blob of catastrohe tanks filled with desolators, Morales to snipe some vehicles and bombard defences and then just blob catastrophes and Iron Dragons.

Edit: Epic fail. Cyborg commando can solo entire army of catastropheses (full of desolators) and morales and Buratinos firing at it.

Well then, that just happened.

Edited by mrvecz, 15 January 2018 - 05:26 PM.

#1402 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

i'll try it again (This challenge is quite...unique with its replay-ability, a test of one's siege skills.) as Latin Confederation, i can already see some things that would work, since bases are without detectors, i think i could burn down most bases with arsonists. Blob of catastrohe tanks filled with desolators, Morales to snipe some vehicles and bombard defences and then just blob catastrophes and Iron Dragons.

Edit: Epic fail. Cyborg commando can solo entire army of catastropheses (full of desolators) and morales and Buratinos firing at it.

One single terror drone I mean Chitzkoi

Edited by PACER, 16 January 2018 - 11:41 AM.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1403 ahmed.osama

ahmed.osama
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  Visit Egypt as a tourist and don't live in it. you will die slowly...................

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

why not dragon flys and alot of nowa canons

#1404 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

One single terror drone I mean Chitzkoi

I am 80% sure that last time i played as Russians terror drones cannot insta kill cyborg commando. But as Russians, Cyborg commando was no threat due to wolfhounds. But as LC, this challenge will take much more time than i thought.

#1405 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

Terror Drones can't

Chitzkoi is probably another story tho

If you're LC, try Vultures. Desolatrophe won't work since Cyborgs are radiation immune

Edited by Handepsilon, 16 January 2018 - 01:57 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1406 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

In Epsilon-9 Killing Fields the intro is RNG dependant. Depending on where  exactly your Initiates will unload, more or less of them will be damaged by Terrorist's explosion.

EDIT: Example pic.

oksgpf.png

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 16 January 2018 - 04:09 PM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#1407 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

I had this problem too. Another one I spotted with Epsilon is that Singularity's difficulty is... unstable. Meaning if you get through enough resets, the difficulty of the map change with groups of units spawning you fit for higher difficulties appearing when Easy is a challenge enough, Terror Drones which were not there in precedent attempts too... Die and retry is a thing, but I'm pretty sure changing the rules over resets isn't an intended feature.

#1408 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

Not sure about Singularity, never noticed anything like that( I played it on Mental quite a lot, and 2 times on Easy).

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#1409 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:13 AM

You probably didn't notice the terror drone before

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1410 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:36 AM

I'm not making this up. And while I could have indeed missed a drone, that I'll admit, I doubt when I tried this over a dozen times on a row, I have a more tangible proof: in some runs I can go as far as the Tesla Coil before the Psicorps Trooper without rear-guard troops spawning on the sppawn point, and I play quite slowly on this map. Only to have them appear quickly on other runs, before I can get past the Ore Reffineries, and these ones are annonced with an alarm sound. Hard to imagine or miss these ones.

Edit: And no, I'm not playing nowhere near fast enough to avoid these spawning in my runs. And I settled the difficulty on Easy, and I guess these aren't supposed to appear on this difficulty.

Edited by Hardric62, 17 January 2018 - 08:42 AM.

#1411 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

The engine simply doesn't have the "increase difficulty after each reload" mechanic, all the actions that happen on the map are defined by triggers which always work on all difficulties or on certain ones. However, I did notice some strange things which happen if you don't start the game from the launcher but instead play the mission after finishing the previous one, like AI being more aggressive and fast in the latter case. But I couldn't really confirm it so far.

Edited by Damfoos, 17 January 2018 - 09:03 AM.

#1412 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:52 AM

Maybe some triggers are not working properly and we get the old ra2 behavior of all units in the map rushing to a waypoint

#1413 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

On the first load of each mission (by extracting from mix files), MO creates a save file prior to launch in order to load it faster in the future. Could it be the still-WIP S/L feature which causes this mess?

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1414 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

I remember some people reporting something similar earlier before too, some missions becoming either easier or harder after restarting.

#1415 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

The game always creates a savegame when starting a mission. This is kinda a replacement for saving and making the campaign progress available. They also could have saved the progress differently, and maybe added a menu to select "unlocked" missions directly.

edit: Afaik, there's no code supporting to change the difficulty of a mission by restarting. Without solid testing data, this cannot be verified anyhow. I suspect it is a mixture of the RNG rolling dice slightly differently each time (and sometimes with more favourable outcomes than at other times), and confirmation bias. And the bandwaggon effect is just setting in. :p

Edited by AlexB, 17 January 2018 - 06:18 PM.

#1416 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:40 AM

Now let me whip a quote from last Monday

all hail RNGesus

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1417 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

This may have been asked before but in the mission The Mermaid, what is owl and friends?

#1418 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

A rather inside joke.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#1419 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

The Deception challenge needs a improvement, destroying said main base (Lets say MCV, Radar, Pandora's hub and war factory) should reveal all their associated units and structures.

I tried the challenge as European Alliance, and after i annihilated everything i could find, sweeped entire map with robot tanks. i couldn't find the last remaining Scorpions units. And i tried hard and sweeped everything and i just couldn't finish it off.

#1420 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:40 AM

It's impossible. Short Game as a toggle only really exists to make the co-ops possible, playing other skirmish/multi modes with Short Game off is something I'd never recommend.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users