Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#1241 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

Tesla Trooper/Pyro combo is really good ATM. I don't get how a range reduction could be good for a faction, range and speed are the two things you need to actually cause damage: mirage,marauder, dune rider, speeder trike and mortar quad are good examples, you know what ranges they have? 7/7.75/8/9.5/10. And you want a 3.5 that is even worse than conscripts, that is a free kill for dune riders/adepts/elites/seal IFV/knightframe.They would need to be immune to mind control and fast as hell to be actually useful

So what we've actually done is Made a Russian Lancer.

Tesla Trooper is just fine, we don't need to go creating units for the sake of creating units.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#1242 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:05 AM

Well, in 'mo' you get more range whit your bare hands than using fire weapons (dune rider, suppressor) So arm these soldiers with 'Tesla Javelin' and there you have the new t2 tank killer for Russia. (jk)

#1243 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:32 AM

He's right boiz. New plan, give the Tesla Trooper a pokeball so he can throw a suicidal Pikacu at the enemy. It's the perfect plan. No way it fails.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#1244 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

You screwed up. Voltrob looks like actual pokeball and it can learn autodestruction move. Would fit way better.

#1245 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

Now you guys are creating a unit who does basically what Volkov's tesla grenade does :v

...except it's tanks instead of buildings

Edited by Handepsilon, 25 April 2017 - 07:51 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1246 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

Voltrob Trooper

#1247 Kerbiter

Kerbiter
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:09 AM

What about giving Eureka ability to shoot down air targets? That will make it more useful and unique (we have no AA ground heroes).

#1248 Destroyencio

Destroyencio

Black Snow

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Projects:Mapper for RA2 mods.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Libra.

#1249 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

Is it possible to dramatically increase the mouse scroll rate? It is incredibly slow even on fastest setting

#1250 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:44 AM

Holding mouse right click?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1251 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

Can I suggest that when genomines explode, brutes become alligned with your side instead of becoming "neutral" otherwise they keep mauling your own base defenses.

If not possible, does anyone know how to effectively use genomines in that manner? Advice is appreciated..

#1252 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

The problem is they should be aligned to player. Brutes appearing as neutral is a bug that should be fixed in 3.3.2

#1253 Kerbiter

Kerbiter
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

Libra.

Damn, forgot about her :v

1. What about returning Voltmortar (nerfed and without stealth, ofc) as Russia-only T3 infantry? Because Russia is the only USSR subfaction that lacks T3 subfaction-specific infantry.

2. I have an idea about rebalancing Fractured map (maybe as Fractured II). Here is quick Paint sketch:

Безымянный3.png

red/blue circles - spawns;

(1) circle - upper expand point with single artillery bunker (not reaching bases);

(2) circle - lower expand with ore field;

gray/yellow squares - oil derricks;

middle gem field;

corner ore fields behind the bases.

Edited by Kerbiter, 30 April 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#1254 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

I actually like the idea of bringing back Voltmortar as a Russia-only T3 infantry since they don't have their T3 infantry while China has Gyros and LC has Arsonists.

#1255 Gameman112358

Gameman112358
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:54 AM

I actually completely forgot about the Voltmortars. Having them as a T3 Russia-Exclusive infantry would definitely work. A mobile siege infantry unit (it actually has the same speed as a Half-Track, funnily enough) that uses Tesla shells. Definitely fits the Russian mobility and tesla theme. From what I saw in 3.0., It is pretty specialized at building destruction, though I'm not sure how effective it is at anything else. Compensates for this by being relatively fast, and with the fact that its weapon is powerful, long ranged, and cannot be intercepted by anything (Scud Launcher missiles can be shot down by enemy AA if they have enough). Great against defenses, and I can imagine some good harassment and guerrilla warfare coming from these units.

Though if it's stealth capabilities are removed and its stats get nerfed, I would probably lower the price as well, to something like $1100-$1200, and allow the Voltmortar to get buffed by the Overcharge support power. Also, perhaps make it so that it can attack without deploying. That's just what I'm thinking at the moment. Still, a great idea for Russia.

#1256 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:51 AM

Scud launcher: the forgotten Artilary Vehicle.

That's we will name the SCUD if the Voltmotars actually do get implimented. But, I have a feeling it would not. Simply because of the similarities with the mortar quad.

On a completely different note, I really wish there was some kind of machanic to 'grow' gems. Often, a map would just have a gigantic patch of gems in the middle that, if one player moves his MCV after building a barracks, would give a completely unfair advantage. If it is at all possible to replace huge patch of centralized starting ore with something akin to the slow growing patches of blue tiberium in CnC3 it would make the world of difference to balancing. The maps in question are Renassiance, and the Eye of Terror (I think).

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#1257 Gameman112358

Gameman112358
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

I wouldn't say that. I would still want to use SCUDs, for a couple of reasons:

1: Their armor type and HP. Voltmortars, while fast, are pretty fragile. If they lose their stealth ability, they're going to be a lot more vulnerable to enemy attacks, since the stealth was what made them so nightmarish to face against; you had no idea if they were near your base or not. Infantry go down reaaaaaaallllly easily in this mod; every faction to my knowledge has a very strong anti-infantry unit in their arsenal (US Riot Troopers, Euro Alliance Snipers, Soviet Desolators and Eradicators (If China), a lot of the hero units, etc), and even the toughest of infantry struggles to stay alive when these infantry killers come into play.

Also, Voltmortars can still be run down if they're not deployed. I imagine that my idea of making them attack while undeployed would make them vulnerable to simply having vehicles run over your very expensive investment (unless Voltmortars are changed to not be crushed in general, not just when they're deployed. SCUDs, on the other hand can take a good amount of hits for an artillery unit IMO, and their armor type means that they won't quickly die to bullets, radiation, or whatever else Voltmortars will instantly die to (Flashbangs, poison, etc.). 

2. Range and Damage. If Voltmortars get nerfed in stats, they're not going to be doing as much damage as a SCUD will, and they're certainly not going to be able to fire as far as a SCUD either. Voltmortars would be great if you're dealing with AA defenses (which can destroy SCUD missiles if you have enough), or if you want some long range guerrilla warfare (Voltmortars are fast, don't forget). Otherwise, if you're looking for a pure siege unit, I'd still use SCUDs simply because they fire from such a long distance and do a lot of damage.

Way I see it, Russia-exclusive, rebalanced Voltmortar+My proposed Russia-exclusive Tesla Trooper replacement will make Russia much stronger than it is now. Currently, people seem to complain that Russia doesn't really have much compared to the other two Soviet factions; China is this heavy, powerful, nuclear+EMP-happy juggernaut that crushes everyone that crosses them, and the Latin Confederation are capable of causing mayhem with their relatively quick/annoying units (Jaguar, Mortar Quads, Arsonists, etc.), while still having a lot of firepower and armor (Catastrophes are reasonably fast, can attack everything, and have a passenger fire port, which makes them more versatile. Buratinos aren't something you should scoff at either, since they're also good at taking down large groups of infantry and supporting your army in a push). I'm just throwing ideas out there that help Russia not be considered "weak" or "boring" or "slow to play", as a lot of people claim.

#1258 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

You know what, I think a certain Russia main would have something to say about that last comment, dunno what he'll say really.

I don't think Russia is nessarily weak, but they certain do have a lot of their unique strats locked in teir three. A tier two upgrade would be really neato.

#1259 Gameman112358

Gameman112358
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

Oh, I'm not the one saying Russia is weak. That certain Russia main is barking up the wrong tree if they're thinking that I'm the one saying Russia is "slow, weak, and boring". Tell that to some of the people on this forum, not me. XD

I actually think Russia's not too bad in its current state. Does it need something to help play up it's faction themes more? Yes. Does it need massive buffs? Heck no. That's why I was suggesting a Russia-exclusive replacement for the Tesla Trooper, and a rebalanced version of the Voltmortar for T3; both use Tesla weapons, and both are relatively mobile (Which fit 2 out of 3 of Russia's themes: mobility and Tesla weaponry).

Neither of those are particularly game breaking, at least I think (Voltmortars are going to be nerfed, and they lose their stealth, so they're squisher, and easier to kill, since they no longer have the element of surprise. A stronger version of the Tesla Trooper is not going to be that game breaking either).

#1260 Kerbiter

Kerbiter
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

Also I think that Russia needs some T3 ground AA. Not Wolfhounds. For example, for coutering Thors, as Flaktrack is weak and Flak troopers will be ded as soon as they get in range of Thors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users