#1141 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

Argeleb. His skin and anims are Rohan soldier ones reused from TTT video game.

Edited by Elrond of Imladris, 01 February 2009 - 11:34 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#1142 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

It's not that terrible, though... it actually goes with his PP. I'd keep pretty much everything the same about Arnor's kings, apart from taking Arveleg's beard away, since it isn't in his PP... :p

Edited by ithilienranger732, 01 February 2009 - 11:56 PM.

BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#1143 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:39 AM

PP is what?
Also, seriously... it's a Rohan skin. He NEEDS a new one. And the anims are glitchy.

Edited by Elrond of Imladris, 02 February 2009 - 01:40 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#1144 shadowfoxt

shadowfoxt
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:28 AM

can we make the 2 "Isuldor" copies different. give arvedui and whatever the other guy is a new skin. Or have they alredy done that for this release?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1145 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:42 AM

Arvedui has a new skin. Argeleb and Arveleg need new skins. Arveleg's should be an altered type of the royal armor, whilst Argeleb should get something entirely unique, OTHER than what he has now.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#1146 shadowfoxt

shadowfoxt
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:51 AM

ok sweet as
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1147 Argeleb

Argeleb

title available

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

Argeleb has sometimes a bug that he keeps hitting the ground even after all enemies are dead :p (not me, the hero)
Fan of mods:
RJ-ROWTK, Massive Middle-earth, Elven Alliance,
Battles of Narnia, Lone Wolf, Rhovanion Alliance,
Age of the Firstborn, The Fourth Age, Battles of Gondor,
Note: Mods are not "how much I like them" order
Argeleb Posted Image

#1148 Thrândoér

Thrândoér
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

Argeleb has sometimes a bug that he keeps hitting the ground even after all enemies are dead :D (not me, the hero)

Yep he does :shiftee: Also he is slow as hell in striking enemies.
@Yoda, Rob etc - Is it possible to make Elrond a bit more peaceful/calm? He's engaging all the time, though his sword does not seem to have any effect on the enemy. Which is anoying. :mellow:
Or - Why don't you replace him with Glorfindel? At least Glorfindel did help Arnor (by the books) - Elrond just sent help (Glorfindel plus followers)
Concerning Arveleg and Arvedui - Is it possible to shift their HP? To me it seems, that Arvedui is more powerful than Arveleg.

Edited by Thrândoér, 03 February 2009 - 08:18 AM.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like - and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve! (Bilbo Beutlin)
Posted Image

#1149 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

Argeleb strikes fast enough... and "Elrond," PP means Palantir Portrait. :shiftee:

#1150 Thrândoér

Thrândoér
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:37 PM

Argeleb strikes fast enough... and "Elrond," PP means Palantir Portrait. :D

Hm.. ok. You're quite right. Let me specify what I meant: The time passing between him throwing down his sword and repeating this... Always looks like slowmotion :mellow: - His attackspeed (running to enemies, attacking on his own) is accurate.
But still I do think Arveleg and Arvedui should shift their "Health Powers (HP)" Arveleg has something about 4500 HP (@Level 10), while Arvedui only 3500 (also @Level 10) Well, as far as I remember :shiftee:

Edited by Thrândoér, 03 February 2009 - 08:14 AM.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like - and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve! (Bilbo Beutlin)
Posted Image

#1151 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

Well, of course it goes with his PP, E.A. made it so! But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be tweaked and recolored to look more Arnorian. The markings on the chest are distinctly Rohirric.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#1152 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK Mapping Team
  •  Loremaster

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

Yeah his skin sucks. It is actually an old skin from BFME 1 that was meant for the Rohan Royal Guard that weren't put in.

#1153 Thrândoér

Thrândoér
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

Is there actually a reason why Arnor does not have an developed Inn-Section? Because in my opinion those Rohan Civilians are of no concern, also totally useless.

Just had another Idea how to use that "Dunedain-Alliance" Fortress Upgrade: How about allowing Arnor (after purchasing) to build some Gondor Buildings and Units. Of course not all, but some special ones. That way "Dunedain-Alliance" would fit. Though I think in this case that upgrade should be much more expensive.
Posted Image

#1154 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:18 PM

as for the lack of an inn faction for arnor, i believe it is because we have yet to implement the new system for either angmar or arnor. this is most likely because the options need to be different than the other factions in the game because they are of a different era and we cant mix-and-match like that. so i would expect it eventually, but not in the next release methinks.

i dont know about using gondorian buildings in arnor. i dont really see the purpose; it just fudges the line between the two factions. besides, i like the current symmetry that we have in those alliances: they each allow you to build one building from which you can build units of that alliance. adding multiple gondor buildings removes that for no reason that i can see other than 'just because'.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1155 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:46 AM

I agree; I like the current Arnor alliance system. :p

#1156 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  Learned student and studier of lore

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:00 AM

Arnor seems to use way too many trebuchets. They're constantly creating them rather than a normal army: no other army creates that many trebuchets in a single battle. I'd recommend either toning the power down or changing the scripting so that they only spawn one or two every few minutes rather than ten or eleven in rapid succession.

'The Twilight of Man is nigh, and coming ever closer. The days have shortened into cold, forlorn darkness and sunrise to sundown is a bitter struggle for survival. But do not think for a moment that we shall not fight. We shall not go quietly into the dusk. We shall not throw down arms and flee, or surrender. We will go on, we will not falter. And even should we die, we shall make an end that will be remembered for thousands of years. For beautiful Arnor that is, for glorious Númenor that was! We are the Dúnedain, we are the Men of the North, and our foes will remember our steel!'

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

My political compass: http://www.political...=1.62&soc=-4.56 (A lot has changed.)

#1157 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:17 AM

Despite any Trebspam they may do, their trebuchets need a power upgrade. Either that, or Mordor Catapults need to be nerfed... they put other factions' siege weapons to shame, from my experience. :p

#1158 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:25 AM

@Yoda, Rob etc - Is it possible to make Elrond a bit more peaceful/calm? He's engaging all the time, though his sword does not seem to have any effect on the enemy. Which is anoying. :p
Or - Why don't you replace him with Glorfindel? At least Glorfindel did help Arnor (by the books) - Elrond just sent help (Glorfindel plus followers)

Sorry for not answering, no idea :crazed: All I can say is it will be looked at at some point in the future.

The AI has been adjusted...I think ;)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#1159 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  Learned student and studier of lore

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:18 AM

I had another idea for Arnor. I seem to remember Glorfindel being in there somewhere, but he isn't now. Why? Glorfindel played a HUGE part in the fight against Angmar. I took this from a LOTR Biography.

'In recognition of his (Glorfindels) skill after dying in battle against a Balrog of Morgoth, he was sent by the Valar back to Middle Earth either as a precursor to, or companion of the Istari to aid the fight against Sauron. He allied himself with Elrond, and led the Forces of Rivendell to aid Arnor in its fight against Angmar. During the Battle of Fornost he was the major reason why the evil Witch-King of Angmar was defeated. After the battle was over, and the Witch-King had fled, it was Glorfindel who predicted that the Witch-King would not be defeated by any mortal man. This prediction would come true when the Witch-King was defeated by Éowyn (a woman).'

Even though I personally think the Witch-King wasn't really fully defeated. Only owned, like Sauron was when he got the ring taken from 'em. >.>; But maybe thats just me hoping. The Witch-King of Angmar is one of my favorite characters. Anyways, I digress. Back to the point.

Elrond is available. I personally think Cirdan is a waste of time and effort, because he was never really elabourated on very much in the books. You've got to really go in depth online to even find any information on him, and usually THAT information isn't very reliable, if even canon in the least.

Replace Cirdan with Glorfindel. Glorfindel is one of my favorite heroes and would be a great addition to Arnor. Hell, just rip 'em from the Elves and throw him into Arnor as the basic Elven version: he was pretty much the same. Consider this, I've thought it over quite a bit. :D

Edited by Lord_Faramir, 05 February 2009 - 06:26 AM.

'The Twilight of Man is nigh, and coming ever closer. The days have shortened into cold, forlorn darkness and sunrise to sundown is a bitter struggle for survival. But do not think for a moment that we shall not fight. We shall not go quietly into the dusk. We shall not throw down arms and flee, or surrender. We will go on, we will not falter. And even should we die, we shall make an end that will be remembered for thousands of years. For beautiful Arnor that is, for glorious Númenor that was! We are the Dúnedain, we are the Men of the North, and our foes will remember our steel!'

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

My political compass: http://www.political...=1.62&soc=-4.56 (A lot has changed.)

#1160 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:29 AM

If I recall correctly, the mod is planning on moving Glorfindel to Arnor whilst having another one in the Elves. Elrond will be a hero exclusively to the Elves. Elladan and Elrohir will likely be inn heroes, as it would be the most canonical way to go.
I'm creeping, not gone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users