Arnor

• Please log in to reply
1712 replies to this topic

#121 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

arnor doesnt need any decent unit as cawalery, they already have one ( or more precisely 2, dunedains on horses and elf cawalery )

or you want just absolute mirror race of gondor

Hey think about Mote, they have three calvary units as I remember. I'm sure that Rohan has 3 calvary units as well. One early game and the other two are mid to late game.
Posted Image <---2nd Sig I Made
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#122 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:20 PM

yup, but wain riders are uselles right now ( cant trample, ranged attack, too weak etc )

and their early game cawalery ( haradrim one ) costs same as mid cawalery ( rhun )
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#123 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

how could arnor possible become a mirror of any faction? they have 2 unique alliances with the elves and dunedain and i dont think that adding an early-game cavalry unit will do anything to change their uniqueness. it will simply give them an earlier alternative to the other cavalry already in the faction. i feel the pony riders should be added; it will add a better feel to it.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#124 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:21 AM

ok soo hear my noble plea

i want to see a replay of Arnor vs Gondor. and both players should be pro ( i watched the one with yoda as isen, + arnor gondor, fast burned my eyes, i dunno what cash did you start with, propably 1k but it was omg game, only yoda was ofensive enough, and the guy playing Gondor was , sorry, idiot, gamereplayes.com. there are replayes worth of watching )

for the arnor player, he was good, but he had 3 chances to crush isen, he didnt use them, in the end he forgot to even close the gate on his fortress and combo army of berserkers and deatbringers killed him. Though he was sitting middle he had a good perspective to win, but he lacked the curage to rush on his enemy

if you could arrange such fight and post replay here, becouse im really not convinced that these two factions arent mirrors. ( with the late game stuff i even think gondor is weaker ), set your cash on 4k, and play it on normal not castle map.
This is not a comand, its a " please please " from an unbeliever :thumbsupsmiley:

though this is ment to be after next wersion of game ( with the cawalery for arnor of which we argue soo much ) but id like to see one too that doesnt have the balances of next wersion yet

Edited by Myrdin, 15 March 2008 - 09:22 AM.

"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

#125 Dalmp

Dalmp
  • Project Team
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:23 AM

I don't think the problem with arnor is lack of units, the problem is that the tech tree is not a steady climb - it comes with a massive and slow middle-game gap. Also the problem is that instead of complimenting your first buildings, later buildings obselesce them completely. So you end up with old junk buildings with no real use.

And then there is a bunch of weird tech issues. For example, when you first start making your basic archers, you dream of getting them fire arrows. But if you actually do get them fire arrows someday, there's no need to use them anyway because the fire arrows also came with better archers. Which ruins the point of having that upgrade capability.

If not for the hero cavalry coming from a basic barracks, I suspect arnor would seem really underpowered.
Amateurs study Tactics. Professionals study Logistics.
-Napoleon

Posted Image

#126 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

i want to see a replay of Arnor vs Gondor. and both players should be pro ( i watched the one with yoda as isen, + arnor gondor, fast burned my eyes, i dunno what cash did you start with, propably 1k but it was omg game, only yoda was ofensive enough, and the guy playing Gondor was , sorry, idiot, gamereplayes.com. there are replayes worth of watching )

for the arnor player, he was good, but he had 3 chances to crush isen, he didnt use them, in the end he forgot to even close the gate on his fortress and combo army of berserkers and deatbringers killed him. Though he was sitting middle he had a good perspective to win, but he lacked the curage to rush on his enemy

if you could arrange such fight and post replay here, becouse im really not convinced that these two factions arent mirrors. ( with the late game stuff i even think gondor is weaker ), set your cash on 4k, and play it on normal not castle map.
This is not a comand, its a " please please " from an unbeliever :thumbsupsmiley:

though this is ment to be after next wersion of game ( with the cawalery for arnor of which we argue soo much ) but id like to see one too that doesnt have the balances of next wersion yet

Sorry about that, I just can't help but play cautiously on RJ maps, especially with Yoda, and yeah the gate was a big mistake on my part. I'd love to play a 1v1 on a non-castle map, though with 1k resources so that the players have to go through the early and mid game to get the expensive things. I don't know of any Arnor players that are better than me, so I'll play as Arnor and Yoda's getting interested in Gondor iirc, so he can play as them. The Gondor player knows about gamereplays btw.

As for the uniqueness of Gondor, they do have citadel and tower guards, which Arnor doesn't have and they're heroes are better than Arnor's heroes imo.

If Rivendell Riders are available earlier (IE only require lvl1 elven barracks+cheaper Elven Alliance upgrade), then I won't want Hobbit cavalry as badly, since Arnor already has 3 cavalry units.

Also, see Dalmp's post :D

Edited by dojob, 15 March 2008 - 02:02 PM.

Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#127 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

i want to play too but i dunno where you guys play online? just via rotwk itself or with gamereplays or smth??

#128 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:02 PM

Get hamachi and we play over the network.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#129 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

We've actually played several of those games, with my superior force ending up being crushed by Legendaries :D 4k is for campers and people who can't handle setting up an econ, I don't like it ;) As for non-rj, I'd probably lose since that throws a giant wrench into my strat. Why normal and 4k?

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#130 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

first : Caution is always good, but i was shocked when when you stood in middle, after destroying yoda kombo bats, at that moment you had military strenght to raze down his pits and maybe fortress. But i liked the game you were good, and had to defend at two fronts since that lame gondor player attacked you at same time as yoda did. Soo a bit more courage and trust is needed and you ll be oponent feared by you enemies :thumbsupsmiley:

as for the question yoda asked :

4k game, well its a personall matter, giving 4k to a brutal enemy ( doesnt matter if pc or player ) means that you got huge spectre of different ways you can pull the game. You can get elite hero wery soon, if you r lucky ( ive seen a game though it was in BFME2 not rowtk, gobs vs mordor if i remember corectly. They played 4k propably becouse Drogoth was in game wery soon. gg, same with witchking in diferent replay ).

as to make it short, playing at 4k, i feel more freedom, and it gives the game a punch of adrenaline, becouse you know you
that you did what you could, but you still fear that enemy had 4k as well and you imagine every single tactic or manouwer (sp) that he could use, " what awaits you in the fog of war ? " :D not being sure about anything, hart beating fast, and when the first units of your enemy show up, you ll see if you prepared good or wrong. Thats the " game spirit "

and of course the game goes swifter, starting with 1k and waiting 10 minutes to get up decent economy ( not even talking about fighting each other during this ) thats too slow

and as for the rj map, i hate them, nothing more to say, for Isen is something diferent though, but MotE aint working on this maps ( if you r mote ). And actually i like the freedom to build where i want and as much i want.

btw yoda theres one thing bugging me all the time, in the replay. ( when you were isen ) why the hell didnt you get Lurtz ? his leadership could help you a lot breaking through dojob defenses in middle ( you fast broke him with deathbringers, but he survived, thats before you destroyed him ). I mean lurtz is one of the best and most wersatille heroes in BFME, you could kill his argleb with him sooner, i thought that you lacked recourses, but well getting 3 deathbringers up, thats quiote expensive heh. ( you let die lvl 6 deatbringers, when i watched them diyng i fell sorry for those guys, if they could get deathwish . . . pwnage )
dont take this bad, im just asking, not trying to offend you

#131 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

Get hamachi and we play over the network.

tell me wich server and im on :thumbsupsmiley: you have to guide me trought starting up tho (A) kinda forgot how it worked :D

#132 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

same here, got it installed for some time, but forgot how it works :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Myrdin, 15 March 2008 - 05:20 PM.

#133 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

I didn't get Lurtz just because he cost 1500, and I needed to keep up constant zerker and siege spam. He doesn't have great armor and health, so he woulda been taken out pretty quick and wouldnt have done as much good as 5 zerkers i think.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#134 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

lvl him on 2 and carnage, same pwnage as zerkers :thumbsupsmiley:

#135 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

I also prefer non-castle maps for the freeness, and for the fact that it's decentralized; instead of everything being safe behind a big castle or a bunch of cheap sentry towers, it's in the open and not only resources, but production as well. I feel less inclined to mass an army to take out the castle on non-castle maps, which means that I act more aggressive.

5 more zerkers are better than Lurtz against me imo, since if I see Lurtz, then I immediately want to run him down with numenor knights, whereas with 5 zerkers, it's just 5 more zerkers to me so I may as well go after something that's more threatening like DBs :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#136 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

well but if it happens, and lurzt has at least one pike horde around him, they gg for your knights :thumbsupsmiley: but still the leadership, and resource aura, + all his other abilities makes him into hero that is worht the money, and if hes backed up with army, then he can be pretty big pain in the ass for enemies

Edited by Myrdin, 15 March 2008 - 07:53 PM.

#137 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

I have a question... what is going to be done with Arveleg's skin? And Argeleb's?
I'm creeping, not gone.

#138 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

well but if it happens, and lurzt has at least one pike horde around him, they gg for your knights :thumbsupsmiley: but still the leadership, and resource aura, + all his other abilities makes him into hero that is worht the money, and if hes backed up with army, then he can be pretty big pain in the ass for enemies

Last I checked, the numenor nights run over pikes as well (they're very overpowered), and it seems like the only Isen unit that can take them on are DBs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#139 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

And only then because of knockback that they have.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#140 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:11 PM

well deathbringers go down pretty quick, soo the knocback is kinda ok, whats worse, that they do friendly fire knocback, dbs kills other dbs horde, which is kinda lame lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users