1109 replies to this topic

#421 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  I don't have a position

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:01 PM

I fell that angmar just takes way to long to spawn units, sorta like rohan, you have to buy a unit then summon hordes, i like the spawning from structures.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#422 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:08 AM

technically yeah - angmar units take pretty loong to pop out. all units. Even the weak wolfs that are ment for harrasing take longer than basic swordsman in most other factions
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#423 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

In addition there's either no or a lousy announcement concerning unit training finishing except for the Numenorian fighters, rangers and sorcerers. It can be a hinderance for some Angmar players I'm sure. Anybody know the situations of some of the heroes? i.e. Rogash being taken out. I'd like to see him out and replaced something similar to Burzolog in Mordor. I was thinking maybe the new Troll being related to him, like maybe an earlier ancestor?

#424 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:12 PM

instead of that we should ask ourself : " Must there be a troll hero ? ", i mean there were a lot of good ideas, maybe we could eventually make some orc chieftan hero, or Black numenorean hero, or something
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

#425 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

agreed myrdin.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#426 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

Me too.
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#427 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

I second Myrdin's idea. Now that we've said that, I think that it's time for someone to suggest something :p . I have no ideas, so I'm next to no help at the moment.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#428 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

you couldnt say anithing better :p

soo yet again i gonna enjoy this:
Soo lets start with the first hero -
Gromachk
a little lore ( of course its made up, just to tense the pace :p ) :
Gromachk was originally an warlord of Beast fangs clan, a weak small clan of Gundabad orcs. He siezed the position of warlord after killing the last warlord Marghnak. Gromachk, then continued in taming his new clan, in changing his ways. As his origin was unknow, he himself was feared for his (for orc) unseen fighting skill. He was often seen in battle taking on several enemies, just to uterly defeat them. His fawourite weapons are one bladed runic axe, which is said he stole from tombs where the dead sleep, and a 2 metres loong chain with sharp doubled hook on one side. He is cloacek in bear skin which is said to belong to one of the beorings. in the last years Gromachk, defeated other clan warlords, and created one huge tribe of orcs, that ruled the whole mount Gundabad. Leading this armies under the Blood Banner, thus being called by the people living in its reach the Tribes of Gundabad ( yeah right my ToG ;) ). After this, the tribes had several clashes with the goblins living nearby, and after many bloody battles they decimated theyre enemies, thanks to the mighty warlord. As his tribe grew stronger, Gromachk started to think about siezing the rich lands under the mount Gundabad. Now Gromachk rules from his Hill fort Brazmurg, which took much efort and lives of goblins slaves, to be finished, preparing wisous plans of conquest.

As a mighty warlord and a exchange for Rogash, Gromachk is skilled warior, good at boosting his own troops, as well as taking on enemy hordes. ( this is a lead how to do his stats, hp, dmg, etc ). Thx to his double wielding he can strike more enemies per attack ( like Haldir ).
abylities:
Warlord of the tribes - lvl 2 - leadership power, increasing the dmg dealt by units by 100% (no armor bonus no xp bonus)
Chain lash - lvl 4 - Gromachk swings his chain, hooking anything in his path, thus laing wast dmg to it (deals AoE dmg, i imagine the whole thing like Balrogs whip, just reskinned and weaker ), if a enemy hero is hitt, he is crippled for 5 seconds
Blood Banner - lvl 5 - Strong is the aura of the blood banner, fierce are the hearts of units marching under it. Gromachk places a Bloody Banner on the ground, all units near the banner recieve only 10% of dmg as loong as the banner stands. The banner lasts for 30 seconds ( like the Heroic Charge ). Only affects the units that are in the area of the Blood Banner.
Champion of War - lvl 8 - known for his superior battle skill, unmatched by any of his tribe nor most of his enemies Gromachk, can sink into battle frenzy in which he can slay uncountable number of enemies. Gives Gromachk 300% dmg boost, and 3ples his attack speed, doubles his movement speed. Lasts 8-10 seconds.
Dark Axe of Gothmog ( or Runic axe ) - lvl 10 (ultimate) - No one knows the origin of Gromachks dark axe with stingi blood like runes. Found in the depts of ancient tomb, with monstrosious burried skeletons of ancient beasts, its said that this axe was crafted from the blood of the ancient Balrog lord Gothmog. This axe can give its wielder unholy power, but in exchange it sucks out his life energy. Single target power, deals INSANE amount of dmg (around 2500 magic dmg vs living being, and 2500 slash dmg vs anything else - buildings, etc), but in exchange takes 50% of casters hp (Gromachk), thus can be fatale if used, without thinking about consequencis.

thats it, for my orc chieftan hero idea. hope you like it. Tomorrow i post a Dark Numenorean hero.

#429 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

Before everybody starts breathing fire at Myrdin for the lack of lore, keep in mind that you could just change the names and history of the powers and the name of the hero to fit the lore!

So let's talk some gameplay...

-I think that his last power is a tad overpowered. I suggested something barely similar for Eowyn. And I noticed that we both made a mistake: There are too many effects for the level 10 power. My suggestion is cut half of the effects out because half of the stuff you described could give the same effect. One of the things that I suggest that should stay is the health-draining part because it gives him some originality. The originality in the health-drain (for me) seperates him from Lurtz. I'm not going to talk any percentages and timers since I'm no good with those kind of numbers.

-"Champion of War" further supports my comparison between him and Lurtz. Other than percentages (which someone will eventually talk about, I hope), I'd really like to see this power cause Groma (I'm not spelling out his full name - too much effort :p ) to become un-controllable for 8-10 seconds. This would cause the player, in my opinion, to really try and time this power. Plus it would start to really seperate him from Lurtz.

-"Blood Banner" sounds pretty interesting. Finally a better use for Gorkil's animations.. Once again, just the percent and timer numbers would cause this to be an OP power.

-I definitely wanted to see another use for the balrog's fire-whip animation. And that's all I really have to say about Groma as of now.

In the end I feel that maybe Angmar needs another early-game hero other than Hwaldir. And if the team is going to multiply the number of Gunbadad orcs, then maybe this hero could turn into an Early-Game hero? I know that Groma's not set up that way but it could be something to consider since Angmar doesn't have a lot of Early-Game heroes.

P.S: I may have over-emphasized the whole similarity to Lurtz thing in this post.

Edited by Scryer, 07 July 2008 - 08:59 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#430 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:24 PM

heh glad you like it a bit :p
yeh his ulti is WTFZOMGLOLZ strong, but it takes 50% of his own hp, which means, it kicks him more than a FU army of lets say towerguards. That makes the player think before eventually using in on battlefield with many enemies,becouse if he uses it, the hero might get slaughtered, after all -50% is really not a little amount. As for the similariti to lurtz, hmm didnt notice that, when i was creating the power ( Champion of War ), it was more like that thingk that Glorfindel has, Blade of purity or whats the name. The blood banner, yeh i was thinking about gorkils animation, as this power wouldnt be OP becouse theoden has the same thing at same lvl, and it affects units themself, thus they can move where they want, this power is reduced just to the totem, if the units leave its " area " then the effect drops. As for Balrogs whip, absolutely agree with you (thats why the whole hero is made up, soo he uses bladed chain, and has such thing as ability)
as for the lore . . . sigh, (throws stun field on mike - just to go sure), it was just MADE up story, just to give him some background, and to make you people enjoy reading the abylities, soo you get an idea, why he has such abylities.

as for the early hero - tomorrow (in earope) im gonna post that BN hero, of which i was thinking as early game, but i fear a bit the similarity with morgomir, since he has that BN/BNA buffing power.

btw: calling him Groma, . . . :p couldnt stop laughing (for some unknown reason), it kinda reasambles Grom Hellscream from W3.

Edited by Myrdin, 07 July 2008 - 09:30 PM.

#431 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:41 AM

Liking Groma quite much Myrdin. Very interesting for him fighting against goblins, the way he rose to power sounds very Warcraft-like. I'm wondering if our lore experts can say anything regarding Gundabad Orcs. I hope he does get implemented for Angmar though. I'm intrigued for the Black Numenorian hero to come now. :p I also agree that Angmar is in need of early-game heroes.

#432 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:06 AM

it's just a bit too much imo... an orc chieftain with the blade forged from the blood of a balrog(wtf??).. and a bearskin from a beorning.. able to kill alot of people And heroes...

#433 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars: TOTR/RJ-ROTWK/S.E.E.
  •  Modeller. Animator. Light Coding/Skinning

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

that's a big NO from me anyway, don't really like that idea, although it's a step in the right direction, perhaps a new hero with an invented history which takes place in accordance with the lore of Tolkien, I particularly like the style in which they handled this for "The Third Age" game - perhaps something similar? Blades embued with the blood of the Balrog seems a bit "By The Power Of Greyskull" - for those of you old enough to get the reference :)

Posted Image

#434 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:13 PM

It's fine to take lore into account when thinking up heroes...
But f**ucking with the lore? Oh no you don't...

Why can't you just have a chieftan orc, random name and random orc.. No need for an orc to have a history, is there? All they do is eat and kill anyways...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#435 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

now wait a second budies - no im not gonna defend myself, nor im gonna apologize. NO ONE not even Tolkien himself, ever said you cant F*CK around with his work, yeah ?! WHAT ?! soo i cant write my short novel stories with absolutely made up character

It's fine to take lore into account when thinking up heroes...
But f**ucking with the lore? Oh no you don't...

and why not ? haa ? tolkien made up a LIVING world, DONT YOU EVER TRY TO TELL ME, that only becouse somthing wasnt writen down it couldnt eventually happen, . . . ( i pasted part of you coment Lauri, becouse it suits what i need to tell, dont take it personal )
i MADE UP that history, and if you dont understand the term MADE UP, it means - FICTION, UNREAL, CREATED, etc etc, i just picked a random orc, of which tolkien newer spoke of, and made him into something. Hell, just becouse he wasnt pointed out as a lore hero, he couldnt be a hero ?, in some other topic, was writen there were many other personalities, in LOTR who werent heroes, though trough what they did was " heroic ".

Why you guys even care ? i DIDNT mess even SINGLE THING of the original lore soo whats your problem ?!, when i tell you that my novel stories are based up on Uruk Hai that survived helms deep, then what ?! you gonna tell me it rips the lore apart ? im gonna just laugh in your face.

Why can't you just have a chieftan orc, random name and random orc.. No need for an orc to have a history, is there? All they do is eat and kill anyways...

seriorusly, and whats soo bad, when i do that ?, you ever heard of " thicking the pace " ?, why couldnt even an orc have a his own story, full of blood and battle, even soo. but things like this tend to say people who usually dont raed books, soo thats why im a bit shocked that you say something like this.In books, even the lowest of characters can have his own story, thx to that you understand the things he does, and why he acts the way he acts.

Though i might push it with the axe forged in the blood of balrog, i just wanted to give him the touch of power, thats why theres the skin of bearing, if you remember, ( mike could help here ), there were few strong orc wariors, one even could bear a short fight with that elven swordmaster.
I just wanted to create a powerfull baddass that has his own story line, his description and all that that a random powerfull orc could have, no one ever said he was famouse man slaying orc, that riped apart his enemies, during a certain age ( if ya than THIS would be that F*cking up with lore ).

well nevertheless, if you people wouldnt be soo tied up, and instead of thinking about me as someone who " attacks " tolkiens world, you would rather think that im someone who tries to use the rests, which werent really finished up, to bring something new and refreshing, it would be much more fitting. But i cant show something to those who willing keep their eyes closed. - none of you will stop me, at doing what i like most, and that is to bring up new fictional characters to life, taking them trough before unknown adventures.
And for thoose who actually liked Gromachk, and his story, soon i present the second - Black Numenorean hero ( but as i learned something from the other posts, ill make him a bit more fitting and not soo outrageous )

-*-*- i apologize for any wrong SP, hope you dont mind much :)

#436 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars: TOTR/RJ-ROTWK/S.E.E.
  •  Modeller. Animator. Light Coding/Skinning

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

although i don't agree with certain aspects, i do certainly think it's a step in the right direction, i like that you involved yourself enough to go to the effort to come with a backstory and everything.

Posted Image

#437 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

Actually, Tolkien did say you couldn't screw around with his work. That's what copyrights and trademarks do. If you wrote something using his characters and it made a huge success, you'd get a lawsuit filed against you and almost certainly lose.

Oh, and no uruks survived Helms Deep :)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#438 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

Now Myrdin, that looong post of yours sure looks like a I-defend-myself kinda post :)

And yes, I was in fact taking it out on your Balrog-blood-weapon-super-duper-kinda-crap-weapon... Worst idea I've ever heard... The power itself? Unique, sounds cool... Balrog blood forged? Almost can't be any worse :) The history of the orc was quite fine if you must know :p

And you didn't pick a random orc, you made one up.. So don't tell me that you just made an orc already made to a hero, 'cause that's messing with the lore :p

And if you do "tell that my novel stories are based up on Uruk Hai that survived helms deep, then what", then "I'm gonna just laugh in your face", since no one made it... That's a fact.. The Balrog super axe isn't impossible, it's just a crappy idea :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#439 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

oooo yeah Lauri thats the spirit girl. Finally some fine offense.

but now really - with that Balrog, blah blah, i know i was pushing this, but i just had to do that :)
its just, that balrog has something like magma instead of blood ( if the movie balrog, is like the book balrogs ), and when magma cools down ( thought its lava after it gets on the surface ), it creates obsidian. The whole idea was that to create powerfull cursed weapon.
Saing its crappy idea, its a bit harsh, since im sure, that if i would make up some kind of story, and in there the weapon would be created ( not just like before i descriped it with two lines ), you migth change your opinion. The only problem is the lack of the right english words, and terms id like to use, and i cant rely on google translator either :p .
But at least you praised the history part, well thx. When i ll do the BN hero, ill make sure to not get such wild ideas about godly cursed weapon, and concentrete more on the history part, soo you guys enjoy it, instead of wondering about some weird thing which sounds too " faar from context "
with regards, Myrdin :)

#440 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

/cracks knuckles

First off, would anyone take offense if I said that I lol'ed at the past few posts? Anyone? Good.
Continuing on...right then.

Tar-Herumor, Champion of Fornost.
-A Black Numenorean general, Tar-Herumor. He is descended from a great Lord of the Haradrim from the Second Age, who fought alongside his brother Ferumir against the Last Alliance of Elves and Men. He is a master of siege warfare, and spent the first eighty years of his adulthood honing his skills in constant war with the Snow-Men of Forochel and the Orcs of the Misty Mountains. Most recently, however, he has allied himself with a new Dark Lord; the Witch-king of Angmar, Chief Servant of Sauron the Enemy. In Angmar's War with Arnor, he commanded the assault upon the walls of Fornost, and won great praise from the Witch-king. Despite his ancestry, the long years of endless conflict have begun to take their tole on the aging warrior; though a pure-bred Numenorean, all Men will succumb to the "Gift of Illuvatar". He wields a longsword, a shield, and wears heavy armour.
Rank One.
-Mount. Mounts an armoured, black horse.
Rank Three.
-The Puppet-Master. Leadership; all nearby units gain a thirty percent increase in movement speed and experience. In addition to this, all allied Siege Weapons near him gain a fifty percent attack speed and damage boost.
Rank Three.
-Dark Arts. Heals nearby units and heroes.
Rank Six.
-The King's Men. Grants experience to all units in a radius.
Rank Eight.
-A Cloud of Serpents. Calls down a large volley of arrows and several catapult stones which bombard a specified area.

Edited by mike_, 30 October 2008 - 11:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users