{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK Mapping Team
  •  Loremaster

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:08 AM

Posted Image
This is a rough sketch I did for the vamps.

#582 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  •  Loremaster

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

Here are some images I did for my concept Angmar Tower.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#583 Jaguar6

Jaguar6

title available

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

They look pretty good! But what about adding Gundabad Archers and redesigning the Rhudaur Nobles?

#584 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:51 PM

Woot.

#585 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

One fun little idea could be for Angmar to have Smeagol as hobbit hero, and maybe Arnor having Deagol.
Then again, it might not make sense to have Smeagol alive the same time as Gollum's skulking around the battlefield.

Might Angmar be able to recruit Wights from their Lvl.3 Temples of Twilight? That would be an interesting idea. There could also be an upgrade you can purchase there to increase the number of Disciples your Sorcerers can have at once.

Also, will anything be done with the new Wraith hero? I'd rather he was removed if he's not going to be worked apon. But if he is, that'd be interesting.

#586 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  •  Loremaster

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

new Wraith hero?

#587 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

Karsh, I believe. If Carthaen's in the mod, I say keep him. AND KEEP CARTHAEN TOO! (he's my favorite hero. :blink:)
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#588 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Theres the new wraith hero too...el kevo's brainchild. :blink:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#589 shadowfoxt

shadowfoxt
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

nice name :blink:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#590 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

What is his name?

#591 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

"Easterling Captain", I believe :blink:

#592 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  •  Loremaster

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

I haven't really checked out the latest mod version. I've been way to busy.

#593 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

Oh, "Easterling Captain". Never bought him. I thought it was a mistake or something... But I'll try him now. :blink:

#594 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:35 PM

yeah he never got named because, atm, he is jsut a model and a skin :blink:
im sure he'll get worked on at the same time as the rest of angmar.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#595 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

If by that you mean brutally torn apart, then reconstructed into a greater whole, then I wholeheartedly agree :blink:

#596 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

aye, that is what i meant to type...you know, the keys are all like right next to each other :blink:

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#597 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

If by that you mean brutally torn apart, then reconstructed into a greater whole, then I wholeheartedly agree :p

I second that. btw, what would you guys like to see gone from Angmar?
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#598 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars: TOTR/RJ-ROTWK/S.E.E.
  •  Modeller. Animator. Light Coding/Skinning

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:30 AM

pretty much everything, I don't like anything from Angmar, the whole design fails to flow with the rest of the factions, a huge overhaul of design and units is necessary, either that or a whole lot of reskinning, Angmar are too Warcraft atm for me, I hate playing them cos they look cartoony

Posted Image

#599 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  •  Loremaster

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

I would like to reiterate my idea.
Angmar needs to be dark and terrorizing. Large angular stone structures that project power and fear. Height would help a lot. I think that the second art work I posted really captures that feeling of power and dread. Not like Mordor where it is filthy orcs, massive iron, and blackness. Mordor is projects power through sheer size. They are massive amounts of units. They strike fear into their enemies with their immense size. I imagine it like this:

The Gondorian Soldier sees hundreds of thousands of orcs marching towards him, his heart fails b/c he realizes he is out numbered 10 to 1. There is no hope of victory. He may slay 20 or more but he'll never win. Mordor projects fear through size. To fight Mordor is hopeless.

Isenguard on the other hand is like a machine. They aren't individual Uruks they are one massive organism. They aren't as large as a Mordor force but they feel unstoppable. The steady chanting and thud of the heavy iron boots unnerves their enemies. In battle that kind of disciple is really shaking to an enemy. Soldiers see a machine and you can't stop a machine.

Now Gobs don't real inspire fear, more they just inspire desperation. They die easy and aren't that huge but for the love of God they just don't stop coming. They aren't an army that throws their enemy in to terror at the start rather they just slowly wear them thin.

Angmar, well now we arrive at the purpose of this post. Angmar is totally different then all the others. They don't inspire fear through numbers, they don't unnerve their enemies through an unstoppable machine, and the definitely don't feel like they never end. Yet they are the most fear inducing force of evil. They cause fear and terror through sheer horror. They are the force of evil that aproaches under a dark cloud of vampire bats.
The Arnor soldier sees a thick black fog approaching and all he sees are monstrous outlines and the dark shadows of crazed screaming barbarians. He doesn't hear the screeches of goblins, the growls of orc, nor the steady thud of iron. No all he hears are screams of terror, roars of bizarre beasts, and the sounds of his nightmares. His captain advances in-front of the line to try and bolster his men. He advances towards the oncoming terror and faces his men. As he raises his sword in defiance and starts to utter a battlecry, a dark shadow swoops from the sky and engulfs him. He disappears into the wings of a vampire and his battlecry becomes a scream of terror and pain. It is cut short as the vampire jerks violently. His men are in shock and terror. The vampire lifts its bloody mouth and wails as it takes flight again. A soldier falls over crying in horror as his comrade throws down his gear and flees. The line breaks as men flee cursing and full of terror. The generals try to stop their men and gather small pockets for defense, but to no avail. The wildmen fall on them crazed with battle. The few brave men left fight valiantly against these barbarians. The wild hordes are not a formidable enemy but they are crazed and fight like men drunk on blood. Then monsters fall on the pockets of bravery. Trolls armed with weapons of torture, wraiths that drive men mad, and huge wolves and wargs tear into men's flesh. The brave men of Arnor are still holding. Their numbers are equal to their foe. They might yet win the day. Then a madding fear comes over the men and most flee. The general's body guard is all that is left. The world itself seems twisted by this approaching dark terror. His men quake in their boots as the wildmen halt for a second and pull away, clearly they to feel this oppressive fear too. Then as a dark fog flows around the bodyguard and the sky turns black as nature seems to be twisted in horror. With a roar massive werewolves jump out of the fog as vampires fall from the sky. The brave men of arnor are torn to pieces. The General his stunned senseless. The monsters are about to him, his death is near, when suddenly they stop. Even these beasts of terror pull back as a dark cloud of fear comes up. It is the Witch King himself. He pulls a long dark sword covered in vile runes and cursed with morgul. The brave general of Arnor raises his sword in defiance. The Witch only laughs and mocks him, "I see that the fallen men of Numenor still have the hearts of their fathers, too bad they don't have the strength." He laughs a cold chilling laugh as the champion of Arnor's sword shatters from the Witch King's spell. The General's eyes open wide in horror as the black morgul blade pierces his heart. His last dying bodyguard watches in sheer terror as his leader withers and shrivels from the vile stab.

That's how Angmar induces fear. I think a semi-good idea of Angmar is the forces of Evil in the Narnia. They had a lot in common. C.S. Lewis wrote to his friend J.R.R. about it.

#600 Wanderer∞

Wanderer∞

title available

• Members
  • 273 posts
  •  Movie Critic

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

Wow... That was incredible...
And, along with AA IP'e and Ed Of The 3rd Kind, I feel that Angmar doesn't seem to live up to what Tolkien thought imagined it as. The structures, more in the units imo lack the fear described above.
And beautiful concept art by the way :p

Edited by Wanderer∞, 22 January 2009 - 03:14 AM.

Posted Image
How 'bout a magic trick?

"Never give up. Never surrender."
-Captain Jason Nesmith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users