1109 replies to this topic

#61 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

hmm soo lets count :

rhudaur axe throwers, ( these barbarians know how to throw steel )
rhudaur spearmen ( i bring filthy spearman from the hills )
Black Numeronean ( we march to wictory )
Black N. Rangers ( we are the elite )
and maybe sorcerers too

not humans ones

wolf riders, gundaban orcs, snow trolls, hill trols, wolfs, troll catapult

its 5/6
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#62 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

I also thought the Angmar faction was a bit "mannish" as in not as may orcs as one would expect.

I do agree with you on this. I was expecting that Angmar would have had some orc units when ROTWK came out. Although I don't mind that this faction doesn't rely on orcs at all, I do think that the orcs could have been early game archers/swordsmen or something. One thing that Angmar doesn't have, is early game archers. And I would like to see orc archers fill in that void. Axemen and Spearthrowers don't cut it for me because I do like that extra range. But then again, I could see why you guys wouldn'tadd in orc archers or something. If anything, I would like to see more Orc involvement with Angmar (besides a lvl 10 power...) because I believe that the Witchking used quite a bit of orcs to destroy Arnor. Sure, there are orcs in the game right now but they're pretty useless and can't survive on the battlefield.

I mentioned, in the General Suggestions, thread that Angmar has this weird edge to it that other factions don't have. As much as I don't want to get rid of it, I would also (at the same time) like to see it strengthened. I really don't know how you guys would go about doing this...... And what's going on with Rogash?

Lastly I think that Karsh is a little OP at the moment. Or his price needs to change.

Edited by Scryer, 02 March 2008 - 06:15 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:48 PM

Witchking s army consisted mainly of black numenoreans, and many troll tribes, the orcs were just . . . . how to say this, . . . like Twix, two biscuits in one packet

uhh and fast forgot, . . . Rogash was weird since he was created by EA, dont let that bother you

Edited by Myrdin, 02 March 2008 - 06:49 PM.

"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

#64 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

Or the Rhudaur axemen get a special melee melee ability with animations, so they could be more specialized close range units good for tackling buildings, with gundabad orc archers for more ranged attacks.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#65 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

speaking of rogash, is his animation gonna get fixed, because as of now, his move speed is too slow for it and he looks odd running. it always bothered me...

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:47 PM

repairng what EA screwed up, GL on it

#67 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

Ya... Rogash has been the most uncomfortable hero that I'd ever had to deal with, for many reasons. Sure he was good, but when I think on it, his character's kinda awkward (and I mean this in a very bad way). Rather have him make troll grunts than actually speak....

Hah, Myrdin, I loved that metaphor with orcs. Made me live a little inside... Anyways, I just think that there should just be one orc horde in this faction to give that little bit of realism to what consisted of the WK's army when he took control over Arnor.... If it was possible of course.

Edited by Scryer, 04 March 2008 - 03:15 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:06 PM

its just sad that we are strictlly holding the book and film examples ( not aiming on campaing now )

as a fantasy hobby writer i got many ideas on warious creatures ( not really a pro ones, but i managed to get some good pictures done - got my " reskinned " wersion of witchking uploaded on pc, soo i bluff into make them " exist " on paper too, not only in ma head )

but maybe becouse we use the book, it wont just be too unLOTR like, its double edged blade huh.

#69 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

its just sad that we are strictlly holding the book and film examples ( not aiming on campaing now )

as a fantasy hobby writer i got many ideas on warious creatures ( not really a pro ones, but i managed to get some good pictures done - got my " reskinned " wersion of witchking uploaded on pc, soo i bluff into make them " exist " on paper too, not only in ma head )

but maybe becouse we use the book, it wont just be too unLOTR like, its double edged blade huh.

To be honest, even though Tolkien's books on middle-earth (and others, like the Silmarrilion (SP!)), I find that you really can't add your own creative spin to it because there is lore to cover that already. And by the way, somebody before me (maybe in another post?) mentioned that the WK never used the Black Numenoreans at all during the downfall of Arnor. I don't mind little things like this at all because having an all-troll/Rhudaur wildmen army wouldn't have been too much fun for me. At the same time, I feel that fire drakes and wyrms were kind of pushing it...

Anyways, I had a point to this post.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I feel that Angmar is the one faction that hardly needs anything added or taken away from. I'm still suggesting some minor upgrades for the Thrall units (Forged blades and Banner Carriers) but that's about it. I honestly feel that Angmar just needs a few minor tweaks (maybe new ring powers) and I think that it would pretty much be ready for this mod. What do you guys think?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:25 PM

i dont really like angmar as is, because its just not my style. i cant think of anything i would want to change about it: additions/deletions or big htings like that.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#71 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:19 AM

i dont really like angmar as is, because its just not my style. i cant think of anything i would want to change about it: additions/deletions or big htings like that.

I've never been an Angmar player (or a good BFME player for that matter :rolleyes: ) either. Somebody in the general suggestions thread mentioned that this faction is over-powered and under-powered at the same time, and I really think that as well. I also realize that I might have brought this up a couple of times in this thread... I believe that Angmar's strength, as a faction, is completely dependant on the player. I've seen Angmar players struggle to survive and I've seen Angmar players easily step out an opponent (of course I wasn't much help ;) ) in online battles.

Honestly, I'm on the fence with Angmar. Because we could tweak their heroes a little bit and we could give some early game units minor upgrades. And with these changes, I would think that Angmar would pretty much stay the same in this mod. Unless you wanted to completely revamp this faction - which I highly doubt that you would do, by the way. Those are the only options that I can see with Angmar, to be honest.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Guest_Orion61_*

Guest_Orion61_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:26 AM

Angmar is a very good faction if you can play them right. I enjoy them greatly. The sorcerers are very helpful

#73 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

i too think angmar is good ( if Rotwk patched, they got the imense catapult splash fixed, but its still good faction )

and thrall masters have the best comments when summoning units :rolleyes:

#74 Dalmp

Dalmp
  • Project Team
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:38 AM

Yup, the Thrall system makes the faction. Removing it would be nuts. It's the funnest part about Angmar; not everyone has to like it. That's the point of having factions, so that they can play a faction that they do like.

The Sorcerers aren't too shabby either. Though they are sometimes hard to keep alive, when they are alive they're easily worth it. They can turn major losses into major victories with one spell. They just aren't the kind of unit you can leave standing around - they require micro.

I'm not too keen on Fell Wind atm. It seems to be far weaker than it used to be in relation to other faction unit buffs. Probably because the other buffs have increased duration and recharge faster now. Maybe it's recharge time could be cut by a lot to compensate?

Good ideas on the heroes, btw. And I think karth is a little nuts too. I watched level 1 karth cut through about 7 batallions myself, putting every other hero on the battlefield to shame. In all fairness though, he wasn't level 1 when he finished LOL.
Amateurs study Tactics. Professionals study Logistics.
-Napoleon

Posted Image

#75 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

karsh was nuts in wersion when Rotwk came out, if you read the game notes ( or how should i call it ) his death aura had dmg like 80 per second on the first lvl, that was fixed in patch 20,1 where it was drasticaly reduced ( could get used to it, before you could just " run through " enemy phalanxes which are strongerst infantry in game ( 500 hp, not counting angmar hill trolls, who are not basic infantry ) and melted em down, now he has problems even with gondor soldiers, heh. but if you micro good, he still can pwn ass from enemies

#76 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:56 PM

You know I suggested making Dwarven Axe Thrower more like skirmishers, could the same be done for Rhuduar Axe Throwers, and replace them with Gundabad orc archers (to slightly increase orcish presence in the faction)

Posted Image

#77 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:38 AM

this time im not with you, its not like i dont like the idea, but i think of gundaband orcs in diferent way

if you get inn alliance for gondor, you can get Souther Fiefdoms ( original faction, with own heroes and units )
i think Angmar, instead of getting alliances of existing ( normal ) faction, coul get Gundaban faction ( some as mentioned S.F., units and heroes ), this way there would be enough orcs that you wish for soo much, and at same time you could or dont have to get them ( if you use inn or not )

btw, Rhudar axetrhrowers are soo weak, that it would be waste to make em able to switch into melee ( they just lack the hp, and armor, ) soo i think they are good as they are now

the issue is , that Angmar units (basic, propably coz thrall masters ) cant combine batalions ( same with late game units ). i hope this can be fixed, in time ( i want to see, combined huge batalion of hil trolls, :p they r funny )

#78 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

To back myself up, the idea was that Axe throwers are short at range but deal great damage none the less. Orc archers would have the advantage of range, but deal slightly less damage. So a player could use both archer types to destroy a threat. But that's only if RJ has other plans in mind for Angmar. I think your idea works better.

Posted Image

#79 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

i dont know how the inns are going to work for arnor and angmar because as of now neither of them can ally with anyone i believe. i would like to see a gundabad orc mini-faction at the inn if angmar is going to get inn alliances; would be cool methinks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#80 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

soo we are two, if Uking join us we are three, who wants gundaband as inn faction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users