• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

Yeah that sounds like a good idea :p
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bearâ„¢
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#82 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

I'd agree with that, sounds fun. Anyone care to think up some potential units?

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#83 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:18 PM

reporting to duty !!!

creating new units, spells, or anything is something that i take wery seriously, and enjoy it

here is the list of units i can think of right now ( the more detail list will be soon )

tier 1 (teir 1 means weakest basic units, this does not mean lvl 1 inn allience)
*Gundabad orcs
*Gundabad short bowmen
*Pikemans of Gundabad
( these are the most basic, you can see there is no cawalery involved, yet )

tier 2
*Mountain orcs
*Pack leaders
*Gundabad hammerheads
*Boar riders

tier 3 ( final, remember its just premature list )
*Gundabad bonebreakers
*bat callers ( debuff unit )
*Barbaric tribe ( hero horde )

tier 4 Heroes
*Gramash
*Virmak
*Ughnak

i could add or remove few of these ( rename possible too ). I think them over and tomorrow ( European time ) i post a list where each unit gets description, and her purpose in game

Edited by Myrdin, 23 March 2008 - 07:28 PM.

"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#84 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

Pretty sweet (I think the boar rider idea is to warcraftish), but if I could suggest for tier two:

* Wolf Riders
* Mountain Skirmishers (orcs with javelins)
* Cavern Guards (heavy spearmen)
* Cheiftain (provides leadership to orcs)

but if Gundabad's gonna become an inn faction, what about the ones called forth by the Thrall master? Will they be replaced?
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#85 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

Pretty sweet (I think the boar rider idea is to warcraftish), but if I could suggest for tier two:

* Wolf Riders
* Mountain Skirmishers (orcs with javelins)
* Cavern Guards (heavy spearmen)
* Cheiftain (provides leadership to orcs)

but if Gundabad's gonna become an inn faction, what about the ones called forth by the Thrall master? Will they be replaced?

I absolutely love this idea.

For me, I'd be happy if the Thrall-Orcs were removed from the Thrall masters completely because nobody uses them since they're incredibly vulnerable. Or that's what I experience with them so far. Personally, I don't want to see more than two heroes for the Gunbadad Orc alliance because I've always thought of those orcs as 'leaderless' in a certain sense... I don't know how to explain how I feel about the Gunbadad Orcs but I fell that they don't need a lot of heroes. Something that you guys could consider, is a Warg/Wolf Hero (like one without a rider)... I think that it would be different.

Here are some upgrade ideas:
-Banner Carrier - tier 1
-Gunbadad Blades - tier 2
-Arrows of the Deep - tier 2 (I was thinking that these arrows could just give extra damage - or you could replace this with Frost Arrows for the Orcs)
-Mountain Plate - tier 3 (Basic HA upgrade)

Basically it's the same as other upgrades, only with different names.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#86 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:59 PM

wolf isnt intelligent enough imo. nor can it actually give commands because it doesnt speak any of the common tongues :p perhaps a wolf-rider hero instead
if you remove the gundabad orcs from the thrall master, you must replace them with some sort of other basic soldier unit. otherwise angmar will be at a huge disadvantage.
i would probably keep all of the inn alliances at 1 or 2 heros, so i would include these orcs in that. its not an entire faction, jsut a supplemental sort of thing. keep that in mind.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#87 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:10 PM

My opinion would be to keep the Gundabad Warriors and Wolf Riders. besides, not all maps have inns, so the orcs you would see in Angmar so far would be but a taste of what a player could utilize in an inn map.

Posted Image

#88 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:25 AM

wolf isnt intelligent enough imo. nor can it actually give commands because it doesnt speak any of the common tongues :p perhaps a wolf-rider hero instead
if you remove the gundabad orcs from the thrall master, you must replace them with some sort of other basic soldier unit. otherwise angmar will be at a huge disadvantage.
i would probably keep all of the inn alliances at 1 or 2 heros, so i would include these orcs in that. its not an entire faction, jsut a supplemental sort of thing. keep that in mind.

True. I was thinking that if a Wolf-pack leader would give a leadership to other wolves/wargs/warg riders just by being there. I would like to move away from a wolf rider hero only because it would probably end up becomming something like Sharku. I'm for either one because I can see a Wolf hero inspire leadership to other units and I can see it just going bezerk in a battlefield.

Well, I am just trying to open up new ideas for the Gunbadad hero.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

wolf isnt intelligent enough imo. nor can it actually give commands because it doesnt speak any of the common tongues :rolleyes: perhaps a wolf-rider hero instead

Read the hobbit again dalf ;)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#90 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:45 PM

what are you getting at yoda? i might be a bit rusty ill admit that...
and im not talking wolves of morgoth, he had some pretty crazy ones lol (cant remember their names)

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#91 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

ok i promised to descripe the units properly soo here it is :

Tier 1

Gundabad orcs
basic units, good for massing ( like mordor orcs ) since Angmar uses lesser but more powerfull hordes
hp: 150
dmg : slash ( or what its is called, . . . like swordsman )
upgrade : banners
abilities : none
horde size : 10

Gundabad short bowmen
basic archer unit for ranged fights, can be assigned to shot on a place on ground ( like all archers )
hp 100
dmg : pierce ( archer type . . . . like all archers )
upgrade : banners, fire arrows ( yes gundabad has fire arrows, soo they have diferent dmg than Angmar )
horde size : 10
Pikeman of Gundabad
basic pikeman horde, is a bit stronger than wariors, but slower.
hp: 200
dmg ( pierce . . . like pikemans *sigh )
upgrade : banners, heavy armor
abilities : porcupine formation (sp?) ( the usuall circle formation for pikes )
horde size : 8

Tier 2

Mountain orcs
stronger mid. game unit
hp: 250
dmg : ( slash )
upgrade : banners, heavy armor, forged blades
abilities : canibalize ( same as orcs, can kill lesser Gundabad warriors to gain some exp )
horde size : 8

Pack Leader
this unit has two wariants
A) single strong unit, that can summon a batalion of wolfes, has AoE ( berserker like ), moves wery quickly and gives leadership ( lesser 25% dmg, 25% exp ) to all friendly cawalery.
Hp : 450
dmg : ( slash ), AoE
upgrade : heavy armor, his basic armor wery durable too
abilities : Call the pack ( summon 1 bat. of wolfes ), Pack leader ( leadership )
horde size : 1

wersion B)
normal, cawalery unit batalion. wery ( and i mean WERY ) quick, wery weak armor, no abilities (low price )
Hp: 350
dmg: ( slash )
upgrade : banners, forged blade
horde size : 5
*wery quick unit, superior at scouting, its weak armor, but good dmg are good option for the low price ( like Rohan scouts )

Gundabad Hammerheads
powerfull anti building horde, good against all buildings (fortress included ), but decent against units too ( though not soo good ), though its large numbers, make up for it
hp : 500
dmg ( siege )
upgrade : banners, heavy armor, forged blades, iron clubs ( incrase siege dmg )
abilities : Crush the structure ( lvl 3 ability, the units perform strong single attack against target building, takes few seconds to activate, during this the units cant be controlled )
horde size: 10

Gundabad Boarriders
slower than any other cawalery unit, ( though still a bit quicker than normal foot soldiers ). Wery durable, heavy armored, " edge " unit, hardo to kill, powerfull against enemy infantry ( though slow, got powerfull trample ) and even cawalery. Wery good, overall unit, though expensive.
hp: 750
dmg : ( slash, + can trample heroes )
upgrade: banners,heavy armor, forged blades ( its own armor is high too )
abilities : Squiick my Pig ! ( if used, makes enemy units run in fear ) requires lvl 2
horde size: 6
takes some time to build
*btw, in warcraft, were newer boarriders, at least not in the most popular one ( Warcraft 3, and Frozen Throne ). Believe me, maybe in older ones. Btw2 boars are dangerous by themself ( a boar can kill a human wery easily, this is NOT a joke ) + orcs on them
WERY weak to fire dmg

Tier 3

Gundabad Bonebreakers
this units has 2 wariants again soo heres the first
A) The most powerfull unit that the orcs of gundabad can send in battle. These big strong orcs, bear huge rounded shields, and two headed maces ( or clubs ). They are the slowerst infantry unit that the Tribes of Gundabad ( ToG ) can use, but when they arriwe they can hold positions day long.
Hp: 750
dmg : ( slash and siege )
upgrade : banners, heavy armor, forged blades, crimson skull ( upgrade, increases armor, graphic - a skull is painted on theyr shields )
abilities : shield formation ( formation, they recive 100% bonus to armor, but CANT move, good for holding positions, if placed well )
horde size : 7 ( or 8 not sure now )
the diferent thing about these guys comparing them to Boarriders ( both benefit from powerfull thick armor ) is that boarriders are used for hard combat, have powerfull trample, but are weak to fire, of course the price and long building time. This guys cost a lot too, but if they arrive on battlefield, if upgraded, they can stand there daylong, thx to they formation and armor, have quiote powerfull dmg too, but are wery slow. fair price, and building speed makes up for it.

variant B)
A Cave troll with club and some rags on it, surounded by mountain orcs ( uses sorcerer model, for the sorcere stays in middle of them ). Avarage speed and powerfull dmg
Hp ( troll 1100, mountain orcs 250 as normal m. orcs ) if not possible then 1000 togather
dmg: ( slash + poison for orcs, siege for troll, he does troll like AoE )
upgrade: banners ( troll server as B.carier, after purchased, he could get a floating banner on a stick, pinned to his back )
abilities : Troll Rage ( the troll performs wery powerfull melee dmg against selected target
horde size : 1 troll 5 orcs around

Bat callers
wery wersatile unit, can summon bats for scouting ( fast coldown ), debuffs enemy units ( something like the Iron mask of Angmar warriors or rangers ), and stun surounding enemies for short period of time
hp: 500
dmg ( magic, like . . . omg like spells, or silverthorn arrows )
upgrade : heavy armor, winged helmet ( increase wission of Bat callers )
abilities : lvl 1 Summon bats ( like 5pp power for goblins, but DONT DEBUFF ENEMIES ), Bat wissage ( debuff enemies -30% dmg, slightly decreases /attack/movement/ speed ) Bat scream - stuns enemy units in selected area, for short period of time ( 10 sec ? )
horde size : 3
*wery good unit if combined togather with front line army and some leadership unit for yourself

Barbaric tribe
The hero horde of ToG. These wishous barbarians, half orcs half humans, with grey skin bear two handed axes. They furious attack can bring down many enemies. They are known for using poison on theyr weapons to kill enemies faster. They dont fear any enemy ( immune to fear ), and ignore every non critical dmg. As fast every hero horde - good against units, heroes or buildings
Hp: 1000
dmg ( slash + poison, siege ), wery quick attack speed
upgrades : none
abilities : Heat of Battle - requires lvl 2, passive ability, when fighting the Barabaric tribe reciewes a slow healing ONLY IN COMBAT ( similar to elfs, who heal during battle ), Bloody Valor lvl 7 for a period of time the Barbaric tribe, recieves AoE dmg, dmg and armor boost (sp?) ( Yeah the normal attack doesnt do AoE dmg, instead they attack wery quickly, thats the point )
horde size : 6 ( only one battalion can be " active " at one time )
i was thinking of rescined Hwaldar model for these guys, he already looks exactly how i imagine them ( jsut a bit more orcish like and woala :rolleyes: )

Finally we have come to the heroes
Gramash - Orc infantry hero, good at melle combat, Sort of buffing and summoning hero ( cost 1500 or 2000). He is cloathed in rags, furs and pieces of armor, has one curved sword and circle shield ( evil wersion of Boromir )
lvl1 - Tribe Warchief - 25% dmg/armor 50% exp faster. wery good, leadership for units ( no hero of Angmar has leadership, only Hwaldar, and only barbarians benefit from this, soo this is wery usefull )
lvl3 - Skull Shield - he hides behind his shield and reduces the amount of dmg taken. In this state moves slower, but his armor is increased ( like shied formation ) 80% dmg reduction, speed reduced 50%
lvl7 - Summon warriors - summons 3 batalions of Mountain Wariors to his side (with or without upgrades, not sure yet, need to see it in game )
lvl10 - Orc Champion - Gramash goes on rampage, 500% bonus dmg for 15 seconds, during rampage he cant use Skull Shield ability ( formation )

Virmak - Powerfull mount hero, good if combined with cawalery units. Can witstand high punishment. cost around 2000
lvl1 - Mount/Dismount ( normal mount like all other heroes have ) - Virmak mounts huge, strong Grey Boar
lvl3 - ( only when mounted ) Boar Fury - Bonus to armor and dmg
lvl5 - Furry Pack - leadership for all ToG cawalery units, 50% dmg and prolonged trample ( same as Arnor Kodas )
lvl8 - Overrun - ( based on Arwens Flood just with Boarriders model) Angry Boarriders crush everything in theyr path

Ughnak - good diwersion hero. Strongest Bat callers of ToG. He Can call bats to do his will. I imagine this hero as old bearded orcs, with staff ( hes soo old, helps him walk ;) ), cloathed in furrs, and one bigger bat flying around him cost 2500 or 3000
lvl1 - Summon Bats ( same as 5pp for goblins, BUT DOES DEBUFF ENEMIES )
lvl3 - Sonic wave - Ughnaks bat companion releases wery painfull screach, that makes enemies suffer and knocks them ont the knees ( based on wizard blast, same dmg *500 spell dmg * )
lvl5 - Confusing wave - the bat uses diferent subconscious screech, that drives enemies crazy, makes them to attack anything, even theyr own comrades ( based on Mouth of Sauron ability )
lvl7 - Bat caller - Ughnak places a screeching totem on the ground. It draws bats to the place. Any enemy that nears the totem will get attacked by the bats. The bats cant be killed, but the totem may be destroyed, driving the bats away. ( it serves like wolf pit, or spider pit ( fortress add ons for Goblins and Angmar ). The bats have sight as archers, soo they wont attack only the nearest enemies, but archers as well. Best way to kill the totem, either use long range archers or suicide a bat of melle wariors. Wery powerfull abylity ( the bats are strong ), but takes long to reload.
lvl10 - Summon Azga - Summons Azga, the giant bat of Gundabad cawerns to fight for Ughnak. ( Reskinned Eagle, same siege dmg as eagles)

Soo this is it, guys, wery looong post, bu i hope now i made it clear. The ToG ( Tribes of Gundabad ) inn faction ( if it will be created ) will offer more tactics than just reguler warriors, though i need you to choose from the A, B wariants of some units. The ToG, could offer good medium late game units, as powerfull hero horde, + some wery sneaky units ( bat caller, Pack Leader wersion A ) as good heroes too, each of them aiding you on the battlefield in diferrent way. If you look closesly Ughnak is kinda sorcerrer hero ( though his abilities arent " magic " ) and hi last spell was craated as evil wersion of Radegast summon Eagle. All togather, Tribes of Gundabad adds a lot tactic options for the powerfull Angmar faction.

btw dont mind the spelling pls, + i could made some " word " mistakes, but i hope if ya, you get the idea what im pointing too uhh and before i forget, the horde size numbers are without banner cariers ( for example i wrote horde size : 10, soo with banner carier its 11 )

Enjoy :p
Myrdin

Edited by Myrdin, 24 March 2008 - 08:38 PM.

"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

#92 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

Inspirational, to say the least. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#93 Dalmp

Dalmp
  • Project Team
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:19 AM

Yeah boar riders are not warcraft; they come from Warhammer I believe. I still don't like them for tolkien though.

But very nice write-up imo. Very detailed.

Something about your description of the troll surrounded by orcs has me thinking too. I like the idea of lesser units surrounding a greater unit. It needn't be a troll either, though it could be. For example, an orc chieftan surrounded by standard orcs. Like a standard orc horde with banner upgrade, the orcs respawn. Unlike the standard horde, the entire unit doesn't die easily, as the chieftain is more survivable. This might be an interesting kind of unit - one that isn't overly powerful, but still survivable and able to be retreated for respawn purposes.
Amateurs study Tactics. Professionals study Logistics.
-Napoleon

Posted Image

#94 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

Yeah boar riders are not warcraft; they come from Warhammer I believe. I still don't like them for tolkien though.

Agreed.

But if you idea does come into full swing Myrdin, I found this website full of some good orc images which could be used for palantir images.

http://www.thelandof...y/orcbeasty.htm

Edited by Uruk King, 25 March 2008 - 02:20 PM.

Posted Image

#95 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:31 PM

Uruk king, thank you. That website is really cool. Thx for suporting ToG ( Tribes of Gundabad ) :p

#96 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

what are you getting at yoda? i might be a bit rusty ill admit that...
and im not talking wolves of morgoth, he had some pretty crazy ones lol (cant remember their names)

he is getting at that in the hobbit after the dwarves, gandalf and bilbo escaped the goblins.. they were attacked by wolves in a forest, those wolves spoke to them.. they only narrowly escaped the attack with the help of the eagles..

#97 Dalmp

Dalmp
  • Project Team
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:08 PM

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the movie version of The Hobbit. Because in all fairness, in The Hobbit, everything talks lol.
Amateurs study Tactics. Professionals study Logistics.
-Napoleon

Posted Image

#98 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:16 PM

thanks for clearing that up myster. now that i think back i do remember that part, i guess i had forgotten. still i could see a wolf leading other wolves or something, but not goblins or orcs. if there would be a wolf hero, id say no leadership at all and make him a 'self-centered' hero if you know what i mean. more of a strong unit than a hero really

dalmp: yea it should be interesting, if it happens any time soon. i know they were having some issues (peter jackson and new line) and new line was gonna get bought and all this crazy stuff so i dont know if it is gettin delayed or what. im pretty excited though! imo hobbit is better than the other 3 (fellowship, two towers, return of the king).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#99 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

Hobbit will be . . .

they gonna do another movie ?!!! wow it would be cool to see The Hobbit movie

#100 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:16 PM

i could be wrong, but i think they are/were planning on doing it animated (like beowulf if you saw that) due to the time difference between when the hobbit is set in compared to that of the other 3 and the aging of the original actors.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users