758 replies to this topic

#561 sylergcs

sylergcs
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:41 AM

i only have 3 suggestions for 3.0 concidring 2.0 is mint as it is already

1. i agree either a build radius for tech structures or a MEP
2. mission dificultcy options even easy on 2.0 is hard just toneing easy down a bit
3. most importantly for me. mission loading times, when i die on a mission and i have to re load i end up sitting there for 4 mins at a time waiting for it to load the level, and my pc isnt slow lol

#562 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

Tone Easy down and make hard more difficult ^^. But the AI's in Skirmish are easy to break with siege weapons (but don't make them stronger defensively, but make them stronger OFFENSIVELY so the fight will be more brutal and won't draw out as easily).

#563 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

I am the only one who's earned that right in the entire univ

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Projects:Some Super Mario World ROM hack
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

Submarines can't attack land units. The Marauder is well capable of outrunning them or just sits at land.

Also, if I know the exact location of a sub (and torpedo's are CLEARLY visible), I will forcefire to surface it and then annihilate it.

It might be that 7 is too fast for an amphibious unit - at least if it can outrun torpedo's.

Kaamos is very vunerable to submarine, or maybe......... (I_I)

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#564 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

Marauder is faster than Kaamos.

#565 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

Subs are indeed way slower than the Marauder. The only way you could hit it with a sub is if you're positioned along its trajectory.

#566 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I think speed 7 Hover (the Marauder's speed) is faster than torpedo's and definately fast enough to not get hit in most cases. Is this correct? And if yes, what is, aside from air units, the main counter to the Marauder?

#567 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

Well, that's the problem. At a certain point, we didn't have an effective counter against it, especially with Epsilon's nasty AA naval unit with a horrid surprise. That's been removed for now. We're gonna re-balance it.

#568 generalcamo

generalcamo
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:13 AM

Mother Chronosphere (Single Player only)

It looks like the Russians are at it again! It seems to blend iron curtain mk II tech and chronosphere tech, making it very stable. No wormholes, it can be used on infantry, and it can teleport troops anywhere. This is a target for the Russians to defend, or the epsilon to destroy, during single player missions. It could also be a tech building otherwise.

EDIT: It looks like this could be a victor factor. The soviets and allies will use it to take troops to Antarctica. If alive, they can attack the MO device, evading the epsilon navy. But if epsilon destroys it, they lose...

EDIT AGAIN: The epsilon campaign could have this. They must destroy the chronosphere after the Siege Crawler, or die...

Well, if ares allows it, add one more mission. If they destroyed it, skip it. If they failed, have one more mission to defend the MO device.

Edited by generalcamo, 14 August 2011 - 03:19 AM.

#569 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

• Members
  • 216 posts
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:18 AM

Tone Easy down and make hard more difficult ^^. But the AI's in Skirmish are easy to break with siege weapons (but don't make them stronger defensively, but make them stronger OFFENSIVELY so the fight will be more brutal and won't draw out as easily).

EAI change
1: Send 2 prism tank
2: Send 6 Grizzly(I think I handle with this)
3: AI no longer send infantry to garrison all building
4: AI never build 2 War factory
5: Soviet no longer send 2 Kirov, only send one
6: Soviet send only one apoc
7: Epsilon no longer spam brute and floating disc
8: All AI no longer spam attack dog

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#570 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

EAI change

Easy should be only toned down on its defense ^^. If you can defend your base properly, you can easily hold the Easy AI off. The only problem form the Kirov Airships and only if you are Soviet, because the Soviets have nothing to counter them (but building Flak in HUGE numbers works too... kinda).

Oh, and never forget to build a Second Miner FIRST after you've built your War Factory!

Edited by Aasgier, 14 August 2011 - 07:35 AM.

#571 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

• Members
  • 216 posts
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:07 AM

EAI change

Easy should be only toned down on its defense ^^. If you can defend your base properly, you can easily hold the Easy AI off. The only problem form the Kirov Airships and only if you are Soviet, because the Soviets have nothing to counter them (but building Flak in HUGE numbers works too... kinda).

Oh, and never forget to build a Second Miner FIRST after you've built your War Factory!

Uhh.... an RTS game has turning into Tower Defense game :ohmy:

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#572 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:54 AM

Building defense structures is quite cost-effective against the AI. But yeah, units can be used in the defense if you want, but you need to pick the right units!

#573 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

• Members
  • 216 posts
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

Building defense structures is quite cost-effective against the AI. But yeah, units can be used in the defense if you want, but you need to pick the right units!

One terror drone is suitable for dog rush, but many group can take out the tank rush.

MiG now belonged to china, I'll post more suggestion for USSR new aircraft.

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#574 generalcamo

generalcamo
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:51 AM

You should give the AI the ability to construct MCVs without a service depot.

#575 Quauhtli

Quauhtli
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

I haven't once seen AI build an extra MCV, which they should, though not too early in the game of course.

#576 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:34 AM

Sometimes, the AI builds a new one if its Conyard is destroyed but its Warfactory is not. Probably only Expert AI's do that, though...

#577 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

I was pretty certain the AI ignored prerequisites entirely. :wink_new:

#578 generalcamo

generalcamo
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

I played an expert AI on naval war. The AI builds (SPAMS) con yards in the base. That shows they do build it.

#579 generalcamo

generalcamo
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

Chrono Crate

This is a new crate that can bring in a random unit from the past or future. Here are units that could be used:

Mammoth Tank
Mammoth Tank MK. II
Heavy Tank
Light Tank
Mobile Artillery
Stealth Tank
Tick Tank

Unlike a Unit crate, there is no guarantee that the unit you are getting is friendly. It could be allied to the enemy, Allied to you, or even neutral.

#580 iamn00b

iamn00b
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:08 PM

i like 'War of the Trees' idea.. really fun that tree can mind control (mastermind), or has two barrel shooting(apoc), or jumping to your head (terror drone, uuh, scary!!) :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users