Pre-release Suggestions Thread

• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#621 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

That's Graion. :p

And first the two SuperSecretFeatures should get done, then we'll see what will I end up with.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#622 eil

eil
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

didn't really thought to get a sparkle of hope for this idea :)
than if you'll ever consider to do something like this, it would be good if game acquires ability to remember all skirmish settings= no just country and color, but team and places yet. :blush:

#623 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

I am the only one who's earned that right in the entire univ

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Projects:Some Super Mario World ROM hack
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

Repair unit!

Regenerator(From Robot Storm)

Regenerator units are fitted with the latest automated repair mechanisms designed solely with keeping our forces alive in mind. It fires a Repair Beam which quickly revitalises the armour of any damaged vehicle on the field. As an added set of bonuses, it can heal at a short range, and can also repair aircraft, meaning that while it and a damaged unit are moving, the Regenerator can be fixing up the armour of the other unit. It also automatically scouts around itself for damaged units to repair. They are very useful when kept close to front-line units.

Available for: Allies
Cost: 1000$
Arnament: Repair Beam
Speed: 7
Armor: Light
HP: 300
Purpose: Unit Repair,

Removed due to unoriginal.

Edited by General Recon, 03 October 2011 - 11:46 AM.

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#624 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:32 AM

Repair unit!

Regenerator units are fitted with the latest automated repair mechanisms designed solely with keeping our forces alive in mind. It fires a Repair Beam which quickly revitalises the armour of any damaged vehicle on the field. As an added set of bonuses, it can heal at a short range, and can also repair aircraft, meaning that while it and a damaged unit are moving, the Regenerator can be fixing up the armour of the other unit. It also automatically scouts around itself for damaged units to repair. They are very useful when kept close to front-line units.

First, that's unoriginal. (which you clearly stated)
Second, that's useless because the Allies already have IFV + Engineer unless Speeder turns it into something different. (100$ cost difference is barely different unless you're building a Conscript or a Wall)

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#625 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

I am the only one who's earned that right in the entire univ

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Projects:Some Super Mario World ROM hack
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

Repair unit!

Second, that's useless because the Allies already have IFV + Engineer unless Speeder turns it into something different. (100$ cost difference is barely different unless you're building a Conscript or a Wall)

Thank, now the suggestion is strikethough.

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#626 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

Repair unit!

Thank, now the suggestion is strikethough.

By the way, you should post your unit suggestions in the Subfaction Ideas thread, seeing the fact that people just dump their unit ideas there as of now.

AAAAAAND, by the way. You should have an option where you can choose the gameplay style of the AI. For example:

Offensive AI - Based on rushing and eliminating the enemy as soon as possible.

Economic AI - Based on making up a single massive strike force to annihilate the enemy once and for all.

Edited by Jargalhurts, 05 October 2011 - 11:23 AM.

#627 IconOfEvi

IconOfEvi
  • Members
  • 181 posts
  • Projects:Allies Revenge 2

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

Back with the map!

Again, its for fun.

I'll discuss it in a bit.

Timeline is atm, epending on how Speeder has the story set up right now, right before the next war.

Basically I tried to rebalance the map in vision with making it harder for the forces of freedoom. Some points:

- Cuba got buffed a bit (I really wish WW hadn't made Cuba a permanent Soviet power)
- Soviet Union got buffed up a lot more. Now Speeder can finally take his place as the Soviet Premier from the Polish SSR ;)
- The PRC got a massive buff, thinking of giving them even more
- The Allies in general are way more disorganized/unstable.
- More Yuri cells, too lazy to place them still.
- Since Italy already had Tunisia, made Italy subsurvient under a new Carthage personal union for the lulz
- France is undergoing a massive civil war for teh lulz
- The Reds are in manpower and overall economy, more powerful (this is the eve of the war)

Leader abd country notes soon

Attached Thumbnails

• Red Alert 2 MO - World-6.png

Edited by IconOfEvi, 30 October 2011 - 02:27 AM.

#628 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

I'm pretty sure the Red Dragon faction includes North Korea and the Latin Confederation includes more than just Cuba. (3.0 stuff here)

#629 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

Interesting French Empire being a mixture of Soviet and Alliance supporters.

Why the hell would the Carthaginian Empire have either survived or reemerged though? Seems very odd.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#630 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

In my honest oppinion, this map makes no sense at all

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#631 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

Yeah, anything that happened up to WW2 is the exact same. There would be no Carthaginian Empire or Byzantine Empire, not even an Ottoman Empire.

Edited by Darkstorm, 30 October 2011 - 10:27 PM.

#632 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

However, be a bit wary of how you make Germany if you're planning on making a world map.... Also some countries can literally belong to everyone, like Yugoslav or Persia.
Germany would not have to give parts to Russia/Poland if WW2 did not take place, and with a stronger and more ferocious USSR, the more western Poland would gladly stay under German control if joining the USSR is the only other option. That country might get its old name (Prussia) back, and is ALONE already more than a match for the USSR especially after 'Poland's' army has been modernized halfway the thirties. Also, note Prussia is just as populated as Russia.

Also, without decolonization taking place, Europe still controls a large part of the world. China might conquer the French Indo-China, but other colonies are much harder to conquer: I don't think they can get past French Indo-China without aggrevating Europe or Japan too much, which results in China being attacked from three sides at once and Russia following soon enough. Something you do not want, with Prussia/Germany on your border (just as populated as Russia, but technologically more advanced and it has entire Europe as backup.

Yuri will conquer Africa eventually, but not before Europe has evacuated most of their civilians. But even without Africa, Europe can handle all Soviet countries alone alltough they need help of their former colonies to keep up with numbers.
World Map.GIF

#633 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

You might want to cross-reference your map of Europe with the one in RA1 since RA2 never happened in MO 3.0. So it should match roughly what it was at the beginning or even middle of the Allied campaign in RA1. Speeder might want to correct it though as RA1 did overlook a few inconsistencies.

#634 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Well, yeah. Some stuff still isn't incorrect in my map (Yugoslav comes to mind). However, most other stuff is at least more realistic than in RA2, like Germany which is more like it was in 1871 (most of Germany's territorial changes took place in both world wars).

#635 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

Using Lefthand's Political Map Template I made one of my own. The national borders aren't politically correct as it is only a template and the factional representations are to the best of my interpretation. Honestly though, it is more of a shot in the dark. Since there was no Antartica, Headquarters is just at the bottom as is Psicorps since it is a global taskforce.

Attached Thumbnails

• MentalOmegaPolitical.png

#636 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

Yjay ;ooks 10x better than any map I've seen here so far

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#637 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

Except for that it does consider territorial changes made during WW2 or afterwards (while it should be based on a 1914 or 1937 world map) and loyalty to their former masters of some colonies (or parts of it), I must agree this is the best map which has been made up to now, yes.

#638 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Why is Mongolia affiliated with Epsilon? I don't want my home country to be controlled by Yuri. I'd rather join the Soivets.

#639 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

Epsilon does not care about your faction preferences, mind slave. :p

Though it does look kinda.. out of place there. Being landlocked by Soviet factions must be hard on em.

#640 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

Oi oi Darkstorm, why did you make most of East Europe Soviet? :p They lost the 1st war you know.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users