Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4361 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Speaking of deploy abilities, it would be nice if we could order Kirovs to start dropping bombs continuously. Why do they have an ammo counter anyway?

It's called 'Force Attack' command. If you haven't noticed, they drop the bombs faster until the Ammo counter hits 0, after that they drop the bombs according to the reload rate, which is slower.

Petya, what I meant was a deploy ability that would make the Kirov drop bombs continuously even while moving around. Sorry if it wasn't clear. The use of this would be to line up a bunch of Kirovs near an enemy base and then carpet bomb it without having to make over 9000 waypoints. And as a matter of fact I indeed never noticed how Kirovs drop bombs less frequently if the ammo counter is 0. Currently, the thing seems rather useless, as nothing can survive long enough to deplete the bomb reserves anyway. Maybe the ammo counter could be repurposed to limit the carpet bombing ability I proposed.

Edited by Divine, 10 February 2019 - 04:12 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4362 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:04 AM

Speaking of deploy abilities, it would be nice if we could order Kirovs to start dropping bombs continuously. Why do they have an ammo counter anyway?

It's called 'Force Attack' command. If you haven't noticed, they drop the bombs faster until the Ammo counter hits 0, after that they drop the bombs according to the reload rate, which is slower.

If I got it right, what he wanted is a carpet-bombing mode, so that one may just give move orders and sweep away anything along the path.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#4363 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:10 AM

Petya, what I meant was a deploy ability that would make the Kirov drop bombs continuously even while moving around. Sorry if it wasn't clear. The use of this would be to line up a bunch of Kirovs near an enemy base and then carpet bomb it without having to make over 9000 waypoints. And as a matter of fact I indeed never noticed how Kirovs drop bombs less frequently if the ammo counter is 0. Currently, the thing seems rather useless, as nothing can survive long enough to deplete the bomb reserves anyway. Maybe the ammo counter could be repurposed to limit the carpet bombing ability I proposed.

A Kirov drops the first five bombs every 55 frames, every 65 frames afterwards.

Which I admit doesn't make much difference at all...

Edited by PACER, 11 February 2019 - 05:13 AM.

#4364 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

I'm not sure if that's evem actually possible, really. I haven't seen any form of autoattacking mechanic in Ares outside the Battle Fortress opentopped logic, and that's only when there's enemy nearby

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4365 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

I'm not sure if that's evem actually possible, really. I haven't seen any form of autoattacking mechanic in Ares outside the Battle Fortress opentopped logic, and that's only when there's enemy nearby

Just give it a anto-fire weapon with effects identical to th original version, but with very great range say 198.

#4366 Deathomas

Deathomas
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:51 PM

Can we have a mode that allows us to use the story only units (Yuri - paradox engine ....) At least you won't give the hacker an advantages over us with custom made games

#4367 Deathomas

Deathomas
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:51 PM

Can we have a mode that allows us to use the story only units (Yuri - paradox engine ....) At least you won't give the hacker an advantages over us with custom made games

#4368 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:38 AM

Uhh before anything else, it's not recommended to post the same message three times just to be heard. It will be recognized as spam.

Technically, it is possible to add campaign-only units through the FinalOmega Map Editor, if you know how to do it.

hT8PHUN.gif

#4369 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:28 AM

In Ghost Hunt, this mission initially already had 17 oil derricks (mainly at the southeast) that is sufficient enough to let player collect resources. In 3.3.4, 4 solar panel props at northwest are replaced by more oil derricks, which may superfluous (21). The newly-put 4 derricks look a bit odd, and it causes the terrain ugly.

What's the purpose of this change?

Edited by TerumasaReal, 23 February 2019 - 03:34 AM.

#4370 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:53 AM

Seems that many players are bothered by some incorrect units gained after capturing enemy buildings. Though most don't have a solution, fixing the problem between Desolator and Eradicator is very simple.

Add a new word "SOVTECH3" in the [GenericPrerequisites] column of the rules file, then label it as Palace and Battle Lab, just like SOVTECH2. Then, use it in the Desolator prerequisite, and then change the corresponding part of Eradicator directly to Atomheart. Next, delete the related statements of the restrictions of the two. Do so will let additional Deso & Erad's RequiredHouses/ForbiddenHouses never be written in mission files any longer. Brilliant.

#4371 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:10 PM

In some missions, American representative color can be emphasized, contrast to Euro Alliance, that is, use Dark Blue to them, instead of Blue like EA. This can be applied by corresponding House in Idle Gossip (brainwashed Stallion and Voyager) and Nightcrawler (freed Americans). There're no much players know that American uses Dark Blue as their representative colors... it should be done.

If possible, Heaven and Hell's "Chinese House" color can be changed to Red directly, there's more Orange than Red in this mission for now.. I have a strong feeling that Orange is applied formally to be Confederation's color - Dawnbreaker doesn't use Orange at all, even let Crimson appear. Same to Eagle Fly Free (most Russians, like Heaven and Hell) and Bleed Red (base before giving to player), changing their color to Dark Red is OK, while small amount of them or who in Co-op uses orange is still acceptable - the former depends on Houses.

Edited by TerumasaReal, 28 February 2019 - 04:19 PM.

#4372 Fortranm

Fortranm
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:43 PM

There're no much players know that American uses Dark Blue as their representative colors... it should be done.

I don't think DarkBlue has ever been assigned as the standard American color?

Same to Eagle Fly Free (most Russians, like Heaven and Hell) and Bleed Red (base before giving to player), changing their color to Dark Red is OK, while small amount of them or who in Co-op uses orange is still acceptable - the former depends on Houses.

The use of Orange in Bleed Red (and other Soviet missions) is justified IMO because it can cause confusion when a friendly AI that's kinda close to you uses DarkRed while you are using Red.

On a separate topic, I think it would be better to make Tanya IFV able to target structures like Abram laser does.

#4373 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

If possible, Heaven and Hell's "Chinese House" color can be changed to Red directly, there's more Orange than Red in this mission for now.. I have a strong feeling that Orange is applied formally to be Confederation's color - Dawnbreaker doesn't use Orange at all.

Yeah, in Divergence and Beautiful Mind Confeds use Orange color. Chinese in Heaven and Hell?? I mean I didn't replay this mission since like 3.0 so I don't remember it well, but I'm pretty sure those were the Confed forces, right?

@ Fortranm But that will create an inconsistency between her default and IFV weapon, so it's probably not a good idea.

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 28 February 2019 - 05:17 PM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#4374 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:33 AM

The answer of the Chinese appearance is a no-no, all of them are Russians, only borrowed some Buratinos. "Chinese House" here is just a House that represents one of the Russian troops. The "Chinese" here has no real meaning.

If you are interested in color usages, see here: https://moapyr.fandom.com/wiki/Colors

Edited by TerumasaReal, 01 March 2019 - 12:59 AM.

#4375 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:41 AM

I don't think DarkBlue has ever been assigned as the standard American color?
The use of Orange in Bleed Red (and other Soviet missions) is justified IMO because it can cause confusion when a friendly AI that's kinda close to you uses DarkRed while you are using Red.

On a separate topic, I think it would be better to make Tanya IFV able to target structures like Abram laser does.

Disagree with said "Dark red will be confused with player's red". Generally when Blue and Neon Blue is mixed, that causes the fact. In addition, what I said is "if possible", not "should be done". (though throughout my consideration again and again, cleaning up massive orange usages to emphasize its Latin representative status is... a bit not so necessary. If so, cyan will do the same, they're also faction minor color)

In all, please experience the game more times to find the regular design style, then discuss various opinions, you even ignored all current dark blue appearances are used for whom. Quarreling with me is meaningless.

Edited by TerumasaReal, 01 March 2019 - 01:24 AM.

#4376 Fortranm

Fortranm
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:22 AM

In all, please experience the game more times to find the regular design style, then discuss various opinions, you even ignored all current dark blue appearances are used for whom. Quarreling with me is meaningless.

I am aware of the fact that DarkBlue is used almost exclusively by the United States in the campaign, but that doesn't automatically make it the standard American color. The only occasions where DarkBlue is used by an enemy house with an actual base are Peace Treaty and The Raven, which are coincidentally the only times you fight more than 2 Allied AIs with a base outside of Unthinkable.
The only subfactions with an almost unique color are China and Scorpion Cell, and that's only because they are the renegades of their side. There simply isn't a similar situation for the Allies.

#4377 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:48 AM

Hmm, so that your reason make sense in some way, though whether both mine and your opinion will come true should be decided by official. We could only wait for that.

#4378 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:07 AM

I'm pretty sure Speeder or someone else said that the color speculation were mostly false. Orange was selected as secondary color of Soviet if Red was already used, regardless of subfaction. So was Blue and Cyan (I'm surprised someone even noticed Dark Blue). The only clear exception I see is SC and China. Even Confed aren't exclusively Orange, considering several times we use red color even if we play as Confed.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4379 Fortranm

Fortranm
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:01 AM

I'm pretty sure Speeder or someone else said that the color speculation were mostly false. Orange was selected as secondary color of Soviet if Red was already used, regardless of subfaction. So was Blue and Cyan (I'm surprised someone even noticed Dark Blue). The only clear exception I see is SC and China. Even Confed aren't exclusively Orange, considering several times we use red color even if we play as Confed.

Well, Comrade General is always Russian, so the fact that the player house is always Red in the Soviet campaign outside of Power Hunger doesn't say much.
However, it is true that while LC uses Orange more than anyone else does, it's not really exclusive to them. The LC-Orange correlation is at least partially due to the simple fact that they ALWAYS appear along with Russia in singleplayer missions, except in Killing Field and Huehuecoyotl, where they actually use Red as a result.

But that will create an inconsistency between her default and IFV weapon, so it's probably not a good idea.

I assume Tanya doesn't use it on buildings only because she has C4. I don't see why her laser rifle can't damage buildings when Robot Tank, Abrams, and Warhawk can.

Edited by Fortranm, 01 March 2019 - 07:09 AM.

#4380 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:30 PM

I can tell that not even Speeder knows the color consistency. (: One time he says "House colors don't follow any specific rule", at other time he says "House colors follow a specific rule". So to cut this short: the state of the color consistency depends on the current mood of the developer team. (: It's like that, settle with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users