Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
4366 replies to this topic

#4361 Divine

Divine

Note that I was drunk when I chose the name for my forum account

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Speaking of deploy abilities, it would be nice if we could order Kirovs to start dropping bombs continuously. Why do they have an ammo counter anyway?

It's called 'Force Attack' command. If you haven't noticed, they drop the bombs faster until the Ammo counter hits 0, after that they drop the bombs according to the reload rate, which is slower.

Petya, what I meant was a deploy ability that would make the Kirov drop bombs continuously even while moving around. Sorry if it wasn't clear. The use of this would be to line up a bunch of Kirovs near an enemy base and then carpet bomb it without having to make over 9000 waypoints. And as a matter of fact I indeed never noticed how Kirovs drop bombs less frequently if the ammo counter is 0. Currently, the thing seems rather useless, as nothing can survive long enough to deplete the bomb reserves anyway. Maybe the ammo counter could be repurposed to limit the carpet bombing ability I proposed.

Edited by Divine, 10 February 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#4362 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:04 AM

Speaking of deploy abilities, it would be nice if we could order Kirovs to start dropping bombs continuously. Why do they have an ammo counter anyway?

It's called 'Force Attack' command. If you haven't noticed, they drop the bombs faster until the Ammo counter hits 0, after that they drop the bombs according to the reload rate, which is slower.

If I got it right, what he wanted is a carpet-bombing mode, so that one may just give move orders and sweep away anything along the path.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#4363 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:10 AM

Petya, what I meant was a deploy ability that would make the Kirov drop bombs continuously even while moving around. Sorry if it wasn't clear. The use of this would be to line up a bunch of Kirovs near an enemy base and then carpet bomb it without having to make over 9000 waypoints. And as a matter of fact I indeed never noticed how Kirovs drop bombs less frequently if the ammo counter is 0. Currently, the thing seems rather useless, as nothing can survive long enough to deplete the bomb reserves anyway. Maybe the ammo counter could be repurposed to limit the carpet bombing ability I proposed.

A Kirov drops the first five bombs every 55 frames, every 65 frames afterwards.

Which I admit doesn't make much difference at all...

Edited by PACER, 11 February 2019 - 05:13 AM.

#4364 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Mapper and Mix Hacker

• Members
  • 2,040 posts
  •  No, I don't main PsiCorps. I suck at it.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

I'm not sure if that's evem actually possible, really. I haven't seen any form of autoattacking mechanic in Ares outside the Battle Fortress opentopped logic, and that's only when there's enemy nearby

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

(Sorry for any double posts, my mobile browser is messed up atm)

#4365 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

I'm not sure if that's evem actually possible, really. I haven't seen any form of autoattacking mechanic in Ares outside the Battle Fortress opentopped logic, and that's only when there's enemy nearby

Just give it a anto-fire weapon with effects identical to th original version, but with very great range say 198.

#4366 Deathomas

Deathomas
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 07:51 PM

Can we have a mode that allows us to use the story only units (Yuri - paradox engine ....) At least you won't give the hacker an advantages over us with custom made games

#4367 Deathomas

Deathomas
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 07:51 PM

Can we have a mode that allows us to use the story only units (Yuri - paradox engine ....) At least you won't give the hacker an advantages over us with custom made games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users