626 replies to this topic

#61 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

Well, the soundtrack does pack a lot of action

Ah, yes. :)
Concidering the amount of heavy weapons in challenge, well... *evil grin*.

Also, i can release the file of map. Or screenshot, if you like. Maybe youll tell how to improve it, or...just fill it up with industrial suff. As ive run out of ideas. :p

#62 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:11 AM

I've posted in the first page of this topic a link to the "map renderer" that tool is how you make screenshots of maps, just download it and follow the instructions with it if you'd like to post a screenshot of your progress.

#63 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:34 AM

So, thats how it looks yet. Note: thats still a beta. Without proper MO decor and buildings. (for example - concrete walls around the nuclear reactors in corner and 2 gem fields at other corners. ) Also, i know about clipping in the wall. But maybe that just the error of editor, as ingame that probably be different, yes?

Sorry for this quality, as i needed to shrink the image.

Attached Thumbnails

• mechanized.png

Edited by John Carver, 29 September 2017 - 09:40 AM.

#64 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:53 AM

I've posted in the first page of this topic a link to the "map renderer" that tool is how you make screenshots of maps, just download it and follow the instructions with it if you'd like to post a screenshot of your progress.

UPD: Yep... it seems that i was correct about shafts. I used for example the one from Obsidian Sands, where Topol stands.

But the lots of gaps (exept AI building site) will be filled with lots of structures (And idustrial plants with tech shops didnt redered... too bad).

Theese are previously metioned "old base" structures, like coal plants; new warehouses, factory ones, and vehicles like Kamaz. Also maybe ill create vehicle "warehouse", where will stand some tanks. And, as a hard reward, theres will be an empty centurion amoung others, wich can help you a lot (but i still thinking this, as thats may not be a good idea. Maybe it will be replaced by Paladins).

Edited by John Carver, 30 September 2017 - 05:54 AM.

#65 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Updated the map. Ive researched the size of needed structures, and, made some placeholders (i can say what each of them means). But in short, map is ready, exept some misc "garbage", like wood planks for example.
Lets hope i get the size right.

Attached Thumbnails

• mechanized(updated).jpg

#66 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:20 PM

In case people are wondering you can use mo resources in your maps but to do that you need to use a notepad and type the id of the entity you want to replace a ra2 entity with any other mo entity.

Now that is all im going to on that matter incase that method of adding mo resources on a map is not supposed to be known on a large scale.

Edited by doctormedic, 30 September 2017 - 03:21 PM.

#67 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

In case people are wondering you can use mo resources in your maps but to do that you need to use a notepad and type the id of the entity you want to replace a ra2 entity with any other mo entity.

Now that is all im going to on that matter incase that method of adding mo resources on a map is not supposed to be known on a large scale

Is this... legit? .-.
And where i suppose to look for it? Im afraid ill screw up something.

Edited by John Carver, 30 September 2017 - 03:34 PM.

#68 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:33 PM

Yeah,if for example you want a mo structure to replace indurstrial plant number 4 you can open the map file in notepad and then try to find the specific vannila building you want to resemble the mo structure you want,of course you need to actualy know which id is for the industrial plant and what id the mo structure has.

#69 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Yeah,if for example you want a mo structure to replace indurstrial plant number 4 you can open the map file in notepad and then try to find the specific vannila building you want to resemble the mo structure you want,of course you need to actualy know which id is for the industrial plant and what id the mo structure has.

For example, numbers in [brackets] are id of building? Also... will it screw up some things? Like... idk (as industrial plants are essential), if i replace a structure that on the map already, will it erase it, or just replace the "placement" structure?

UPD: Duh... not sure if ill be able to handle it properely without breaking something.

Edited by John Carver, 30 September 2017 - 03:49 PM.

#70 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

Yes, the stuff in brackets is what you need ( like NAINDP in case of Industrial Plant). It will replace the structure that is already placed.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#71 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

Yes, the stuff in brackets is what you need ( like NAINDP in case of Industrial Plant). It will replace the structure that is already placed.

Thanks, ill try that. Theres much to replace, thru. :D

(Still, i dont use some buidings. Maybe that will work.)

#72 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

Well, just don't forget to make a backup of your map and it should be fine.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#73 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

Well, just don't forget to make a backup of your map and it should be fine.

Taking concideration of my paranoia... well... thats will be ok.

#74 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

Hmm. Does sentry gun ID from YR and MO are different? Also, same for render for the editor (as it displays only as 1 square)

#75 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:14 PM

No, I think the IDs should be the same as far as I remember.

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 30 September 2017 - 04:15 PM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#76 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

No, I think the IDs should be the same as far as I remember.

Good. But still... i dont get some ID`s. xp
Well, probably ill made a screenshots of buildings i need. As, it seems, without proper editor i doesnt know ID`s, as i could mistaken them with wrong things.

Edited by John Carver, 30 September 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#77 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

You can look up the IDs (as well as lots of other stuff) by opening expandmo99.mix with hex editor.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#78 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

You can look up the IDs (as well as lots of other stuff) by opening expandmo99.mix with hex editor.

And... thats legit? Dont want to violate the developer "rules". cx
Also, theres must be coding of the files, as i heard, wich needs some kind of a key, wich i doubt i get. Or not? As im really confused what to do with ID`s, exept hex editor.

#79 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

You mean the mix protection? It's still there.You just need to open the file and it should look like this:

2222.jpg

Im pretty sure this should be legit, it's not like we are extracting the mod assets or something. Besides, some of this info is openly available by opening MO's challenge/coop maps with FA, and in the ini files.

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 30 September 2017 - 04:40 PM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#80 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

Found ID`s. But how to visualize buidlings in the editor? Or its not possible until FinalOmega?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users